Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-23-2010, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

Parenthood - 2x10 - "Happy Thanksgiving" Episode Discussion

Quote:
"PARENTHOOD"

"HAPPY THANKSGIVING"

11/23/2010 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Tuesday) : ADAM DISCOVERS SURPRISING NEWS AT WORK, SARAH'S THANKSGIVING DINNER GUEST CAUSES TENSION WITH MILES WILLIAM BALDWIN ('DIRTY SEXY MONEY') GUEST STARS -- Adam (Peter Krause) fears his future, and he is torn between his job and family after surprising news from Gordon (guest star William Baldwin). While preparing Thanksgiving dinner, Camille (Bonnie Bedelia) and Amber (Mae Whitman) share a bonding moment. Meanwhile, Drew (Miles Heizer) feels uncomfortable about his mom (Lauren Graham), bringing Gordon to dinner. Crosby (Dax Shepard) tries to impress his future mother-in-law. Elsewhere, Julia (Erika Christensen) tries to embrace her domestic side by making pies for dinner, but snaps at Sydney (Savannah Paige Rae). Max Burkholder, Tyree Brown, Sam Jaeger, Joy Bryant, Monica Potter and Craig T. Nelson.
Source
icon: Permanent_99
Old 11-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Passionate Fan

I thought this episode was alright but not great. I expected more drama with the football game and Adam/Gordon/Sarah. I expected the breakup to be more dramatic too. So much going on this episode too- a little too much, I thought. I did like the end with the siblings dancing though. I want to see more of those 4 together in the second half of the season.

I'm getting more and more sick of Max with every episode. Asperger's or not, that kid is a little brat and needs some discipline. Of course, I'm no expert on the matter.

Another clip in the "previously on" that we haven't seen before. I find that bizarre.

I was also hoping for some kind of preview of things to come at the end of the episode, but nothing. Oh well, will have to keep a lookout for promos on NBC.

ETA: There were some nice little looks between Adam and Sarah in this episode. Those two just can't turn off the chemistry no matter how hard they try. LOL

Last edited by lgfan; 11-23-2010 at 09:20 PM
Old 11-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I think this was the first episode of the season that I actually really loved. It was funny and sweet without being annoying... well, Julia was kind of annoying.

The Crosby/Joel stuff made me laugh. The Adam/Gordon/Sarah storyline was kind of weird though. I feel like Peter and Lauren forget they play brother and sister sometimes lol.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I feel like Peter and Lauren forget they play brother and sister sometimes lol.
Those two really need to be in a show where they are not playing siblings. Seriously, I watch them sometimes and just want to yell at the screen "make out, already!"

ETA: Funny thing is, I didn't used to see it that way, but I have of late. Maybe it's just me getting too much into the Kraham thing?
Old 11-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

I really enjoyed this episode... I wished there was some more of the football and of course more of the 4 sibs together though. I think Zeke was great this week. I love that he connected with Drew and got his dad to call. I do like the chaos.... that is what it is like at my house during Thanksgiving, so it was definately realistic. I do think that Adam should have done something with Max not sharing,.. Asperger's or not he still needs to be corrected.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Why does the *cough* have to be late this week
Old 11-23-2010, 10:14 PM
New Fan

This episode for me was alright, not as good as I hoped for. I'm SOO glad we actually got some Drew tonight! Love him. I also wasn't as annoyed by Kristina as I am most of the time. Did anyone else love her reaction to Haddie and Alex? "Who's that boy..man?" haha! Made me laugh. I also really loved Zeke and his scenes with Drew were amazing. As usual Lauren looked amazing and I'm glad Gordon is finally out of the picture. Hopefully this will open the door for a story line with Seth/Drew/Amber, which I'm interested to see.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Seriously the cough is 3 hours late now, I should have seen it by now!

So Gordon is gone? I was sure they would leave that until Jan.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Master Fan

The scene at the end is the kind of scene that made me fall in love with this show. I for one loved this episode.

I would have laughed so hard though if when Crosby turned on the music at the end, it was the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack. That would have been too funny. I will bet anyone that Lauren shared that story during filming.

January can't come fast enough.

ETA: I was a little sad though that there were no shots of Lauren/Sarah with the football.

Last edited by the_strawberry_girl; 11-24-2010 at 12:44 AM
Old 11-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Why does the *cough* have to be late this week
I know!!! I'm going insane! I don't want to read this thread because this is the only ep I'm not spoiled for but I'm desperate! If anyone makes a discovery, would they be kind enough to share via pm/twitter etc

Hope y'all enjoyed it!
Old 11-24-2010, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
ETA: I was a little sad though that there were no shots of Lauren/Sarah with the football.
So none of Sarah playing with the family? do I want to know, should keep it as a surprise...
Old 11-24-2010, 02:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Going a little crazy waiting here Im sad
Old 11-24-2010, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelRambles (View Post)
Going a little crazy waiting here Im sad
5 hours and counting at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't show up until the morning here...
Old 11-24-2010, 05:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yeah, Sarah was just kinda running around but never really in the action. In general I found this to be a Lauren-light episode, which is probably why I found the episode to be ok but not great. I won't deny that my Lauren obsession skews my view of things. I just want to see as much of her in this show as I can.

I'm sorry it's taking so long for some of you to see the episode. That sucks.

I'm going to go watch it again now after a good night's sleep and see if I like it more this time around. That often happens for me.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

still no sigh of this ep, so I'll have to hope it turns up in the morning.

Maybe it's karma, I haven't finished last weeks transcript yet

In the morning then...