Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-17-2010, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I can't wait for the Thanksgiving dramedy next week. So funny about the pine cone place tags and how they act like little kids about who sits where.
Spoiler:
Old 11-17-2010, 06:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
And Camille adding up the scores in her head, seriously what is Amber doing gets 770 Math and not able to do that?
That actually made sense to me, because they had all kind of ambushed her and she was embarassed so it's hard to concentrate. Plus, I did well on my math SAT's, but for the life of me I can't do simple math quickly in my head (It takes me a while to figure out the tip anytime I go out, and my friends make me do it because they think it's funny.) It happens
Old 11-17-2010, 07:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

not my favorite episode! i feel so bad that im not really enjoying parenthood that much! i love lauren and im such a loyal fan that i will never say that she is not good because she is, but sarah is annoying me! come on writters u have a great cast and u waste screem time in conflicts for a play between joel and crosby! at least camille and zeek had some drama! adam wasnt in the episode just when he talk with amber and was enough for me he was awesome he always have the most insighful lines! my mom cries with him! lauren was great i love the bench scene with amber, and when gordon tell her that she is sexy hahah her look was great!

im really excited about next episode! i hope it leave everyone want it more! so the show doesnt lose any more audience!

Andy
Old 11-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That actually made sense to me, because they had all kind of ambushed her and she was embarassed so it's hard to concentrate. Plus, I did well on my math SAT's, but for the life of me I can't do simple math quickly in my head (It takes me a while to figure out the tip anytime I go out, and my friends make me do it because they think it's funny.) It happens
Same here. I took the hardest kind of math in high school and passed it with a great score, but don't let me do a quick math in my head. It takes me forever lol.

It wasn't my favorite episode of the season, but I liked it a lot! Still much better then the first episodes of the season. All the drama going on, I loved it!

My favorite scene was with Sarah and Amber on bench outside. I love the combination of happy and emotional so that scene was great. Plus I love Sarah/Amber scenes so much. They have such great chemistry.

And I'm saying it once again, I hope will be around more in the coming episodes!

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 11-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni (View Post)
I love the Lauren/Mae dynamic.
And once again, I think the ending with Sarah saying she did her best not to cry and Amber giggling at that was a real Mae/Lauren moment which they left in.
I totally agree!! It looked like real life to me too!!

I didn't love this episode like I did last week, but I did love the Sarah/Amber, Sarah/Adam, Amber/Adam, Sarah/Gordon scenes.

Can't wait for next week's!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Total Fan

gilmoregirlmore, ur not the only one. If it wasn't for Lauren I would of totally checked out of this show already. I'm bored and only a few scenes grab my attention.
Kristina going after people begging them to like Max and play with him is old. I get that she's concerned but like I said last week in order ot help Max you need to first be honest with him.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Extreme Fan

This episode was Great
loved the sarah/amber storyline, and my fav moment was their scene on the bench.

I had some trouble commiting to the story with crosby and Joel.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
And once again, I think the ending with Sarah saying she did her best not to cry and Amber giggling at that was a real Mae/Lauren moment which they left in.
That´s what I thought, too Especially because of what Mae said about their scenes with Lauren in the DVD bonus, that they always end in tears.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Haha…. How much was script and how much was just happening in the scene in which Amber tells Sarah not to cry? I believe it’s at least 50/50. And that is so cool.

Otherwise… so cool to see Sarah succeed in something, and even for her daughter’s behalf. Finally.

Kristina pushing that other mom. I don’t know what to think about that. Admittedly, I don’t care…

Next week… Gordon is there for Thanksgiving? Huh.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

Even though is wasn't as good as last weeks, I really like this episode. It had some strong and powerful storylines.

It was fun watching everyone trying to get in to see what Amber's SAT scores were. Liked the way that Camille just came out with the total score while everyone else were trying to figure it out. Loved the group hug. Mr. Cyr would be really proud of Amber.

Loved the Sarah/Amber scenes, especially the one on the bench. I agree that there was a lot of Lauren and Mae there that they decided to keep in. Always love those two together.

I loved when Sarah got Adam to talk to Amber, which she knew was Sarah's idea, but how Adam got Amber to listen to him and be more confident about herself and going after what she wanted. And also how, while talking to Carly, Amber was able to relax and just be herself.

I know that she was excited and it is her brother's office, but it bugs me that Sarah doesn't bother to knock before rushing into Adam's office, especially when she can clearley see that he is with someone. Loved the bit with the doughnuts, though.

I think that it is so cute how Haddie is so giddy, nervous and excited about Alex. They are so cute together. I, too, wonder if he will be at Thanksgiving dinner.

Kristina was so annoying to me and even though she had good intentions, what she did was really wrong. She is lucky that is all worked out for Max and herself. It very easily could have backfired.

I do understand Zeeks side but, it wasn't like Camille knew that Matthew was going to be a sub teacher and she was upfront with Zeek about it and explained to him that it would only be a couple of weeks and how much she really wanted and needed this class. I really do think that Zeek could have been a bit more understanding and trusting about it. But then, Zeek is a major hot head. That scene in the barn (or garage) was really intense. It makes me wonder how those two are going to make it? That next counceling session is going to be a major one.

I didn't really care for the whole Crosby/Joel stuff. It didn't really look like either of them had a clue as to what to do. Am curious how the play will turn out. I am thinking that we will find out next week? I wonder why Sydney wasn't centered on like Jabbar and his friend?

Okay, wasn't going to say this because I know that it will really get everyone mad at me, too, but, I too see a lot of similarities between Parenthood and Gilmore Girls. Yes, I know that these things all come up in every show and in real life and I have experienced a lot of them myself, but because I love Gilmore Girls (and have seen each episode dozens of times) and Parenthood, and not just because of Lauren, that is why I see these things with these two shows. I don't think it is a slam on either show. As a matter of fact, I think that it is a compliment to them. I also will admit that while watching Gilmore Girls, I would find a lot of things that happened in it also happened in Friends. I think it is fun noticing these things. Well, commence hating me.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

The episode was good but not up to last week's imo.
I liked the Zeek/Camille storyline a lot, especially the fight was great, so intense. I wonder what's gonna happen now with them...
I love the relationship between Sarah and Amber. Their scene on the bench was so great.
Kristina was heartbreaking, and Monica was amazing in her scenes. I do wish she had other storylines apart from the Max one sometimes.
Didn't really care for the Crosby/Joel story a whole lot...

Looking forward to the Thanksgiving episode!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 11-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

I liked this episode, not as much as last weeks but i really did enjoy it

I found the Crosby/Joel storyline uninteresting, which is sad because i actually really like both these characters, i kinda feel like maybe a scene was missing there, it wasnt as exciting as i think they were trying to make it out to be.

Zeek/Camille story was interesting this week. If im honest im not always that bothered about their scenes, but the one in the garage was awesome, so intense, really liked it!

Kristina, ugh i just, she just annoys me, im so over the neurotic thing she does, maybe give her another storyline that doesnt involve Max that could maybe be interesting.

Love the scene at the begining of the episode, found it really funny how they were trying to hack into Amber's account and then the sweeet hug, aww

Liked the cute Sarah/Gordon scene in his office when he says she is sexy lol

Was also liking the Adam/Amber scene, that worked nicely, they dont usually have scenes so nice little surprise i think

But i really loved most of all, the Sarah/Amber scenes, was cute, loved the bench talk, i too think that some of it was Mae and Lauren. Me and my friend Hannah always talked about how Sarah is forever crying lol, so this made my day haha

Cant wait for the next episode, i have a feeling its going to be a good one!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelRambles (View Post)
Was also liking the Adam/Amber scene, that worked nicely, they dont usually have scenes so nice little surprise i think
That was my fav scene of this episode!
no wonder the title was part of it.

Love all the Sarah/Adam/Amber scenes.
I missed Julia, though.
I liked this episode, but I have to be honest, it's really out of my top 5.

You don't need an invitation to your own life
Old 11-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I really loved Amber's scene with Adam.
Me, too.

Part of it may be my own issues (my father was much-loved in our local, little world, like Seth probably is because of his music, but was a non-entity in my own life. Or if he showed up, he'd lecture me, saying "Oh, why would you do that?" basically saying "you're not good enough" "they won't want you " etc etc.) So if a calm, affectionate uncle took the time to pull me aside and say (paraphrasing) "you're worth a damn" and "don't bring yourself down, because the world will do that on its own without your help" I would have melted in front of him just like Amber, and I would have been psyched enough to build from that into a good interview with whoever that lady was whom Amber met with.

I kind of wish, though, that they had shown the Sarah/Adam scene that led to Adam's scene with Amber (you know there was one). That would have been a great follow-on to some of their scenes last year (That being said, I also would love a Max-Drew-Adam baseball scene, with Sarah and, maybe, Kristina looking on, since that would be a nice tie-in to last season.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Talking about Gilmore connections the scene where Sarah is taking to Amber in her room.

SARAH: Listen, something happened at work today. A woman came in who was a classmate of Gordon's at Berkeley, and she's still a really powerful alum there. Alum...Nus. Alum...Ni. Anyway, I asked Gordon if she would sit down with you, and he said yes.

Similar to the scene in GG where Lorelai is trying to remember the right term... just putting it out there.