Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
I just think they're overplaying the Max thing at this point. But I could be wrong. I haven't met every autistic child that exist so perhaps there are some just as extremely high maintenanced as he is.
I think part of it is how new the parents are to autism spectrum disorders as well - they're still finding their feet and I think it's really understandable that they're pretty overprotective of him. As selfish as it may sound, I think that in this first year after diagnosis, it may be more about the parents than it is about Max. That's not to say that he's being neglected by any means, but he doesn't seem to wonder why he's moved schools and has Gaby working with him at the moment - I'm sure that will come in time and I think that Adam and Kristina will have a better idea of how to broach the subject with him at that time.

I don't have experience of working with autistic kids, but I did used to provide respite care for siblings of people with ASD (among other disabilities) so that the parents could have some focus time. There are definitely kids out there who are as high functioning yet high maintenance as Max is
Old 11-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

One funny thing that I remembered now: I think that the way Peter delivered the line "who are you?" in Adam/Zeek talk was just like the way Lauren delivered " Dad, are you my dad?" line in Sarah/Zeek talk in epi 1. I think they are merging into one person. Hahahaha
Old 11-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelarg (View Post)
One funny thing that I remembered now: I think that the way Peter delivered the line "who are you?" in Adam/Zeek talk was just like the way Lauren delivered " Dad, are you my dad?" line in Sarah/Zeek talk in epi 1. I think they are merging into one person. Hahahaha
Haha! Yeah, I noticed that too - they are becoming one! And when they were in the office and said "Oh, Crosby" in perfect unison too They're kinda cute
Old 11-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Loved loved loved the episode. One of my all-time favourites.
Peter was so amazing and his storyline really moved me. Lauren was great and so funny when she entered the kitchen pretending as if she had spent the night at home.
And yay for a scene with the siblings. I really love those.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 11-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

I looooved this episode.
I always forget the things I'm going to comment on later so this time I started paying attention, but, really, I have things to say about basically every scene so I'll just say that it was a perfect episode.

It's become my new favorite episode.

Twitter |(Nathie)