Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have mixed feelings about this episode. Parts were really good but then others not so much.

I loved the S/A fight and then the oppologies later on. Lauren and Peter really can knock it out of the park with their acting and especially in scenes together. Sarah was so hyper. It was cute when she was getting ready to go off for the first day at work, but she really got on my nerves in the car the next day with Adam. She didn't listen to what Adam had to say or didn't care. Couldn't believe she was telling Gordon about Adam's personal life and Max.

The pudding scene was cute. Didn't read any sides so didn't even know it was going to happen.

Didn't really care for Jasmine in this episode. Actually, I don't care much for her any way. Could tell that she didn't want Jabbar staying with Crosby at all. Yeah, the houseboat wouldn't be ideal, but still, it wasn't a lifetime thing. I am hoping that Jabbar will be able to spend at least some nights with Crosby. And shouldn't he be in school?

Couldn't figure out why Julia would make a play date with Amy without talking to her mother first or even talking to Joel or to Sydney to see if she is even friends with her.

The whole Lessing thing was a downer for me. Way too over the top and very annoying.

Thought it was cute when Kristina went to the car to find Adam. They actually got to have a couple of minutes of peace and quiet together.

I liked it when even though Kristina took the kids out to eat so that Adam could have some time alone to relax, he wanted to be at the restaurant with them instead.

The lst part of the Pac-man scene was really funny yet sad because Sarah was upsent about he fight and quiting then got even more sad when she went back to appologize and no one even acknowledged that she was even there.

Yeah, there was a moment there when I saw a big connection to Lorelai what with the big mugs of strong coffee and not cooking. I wish that they didn't do that. Don't know if it is on purpose or not, but still...

I was a bit disappointed when I heard the first "Awesome" but was happy again when the second one came.

I watched it twice more and couldn't keep from fast forwarding throught about a third of it.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Denise, I noticed that photo, too

Oh, and I agree with everyone - Lauren's calves!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

Just finished the episode and it left me a warm and fuzzy feeling. That last scene was so cute, I really love Adam and Kristina together.

In my opinion the best parts were Sarah's and Adam's storylines, both together and separately. The fight was so good, if Lauren is like that in real fights then I hope no one ever makes her mad lol. So intense. And I loved the apology mixed with brotherly mocking, that was cute and realistic.
I am spoiler free so I have no idea where the thing with the boss is gonna go but for now it was a cute scene, though I can imagine it can become pretty complicate fast.
Adam and Kristina are so cute. I know I said it already but it was so sweet of her to want him to relax, and then of him to join them after all.

I like how Crosby is growing up but I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with Jasmine, imo she's gonna be trouble and I'm sorry about it because it's gonna affect Crosby's relationship with Jabbar and if that happens it's a real pity.
I honestly didn't care about Julia's storyline too much, I was hoping they'd talk more about the baby issue.

Funniest scene: when Sarah walked in and nobody paid her attention. Lol. Funny but also sad at the same time, I really wanted to give her a hug.

ETA: I noticed Lauren's calves too and wondered if it's all the spinning classes.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 09-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

I agree with those who are getting annoyed with Jasmine. I've actually always had a bit of a problem with her. She doesn't seem to realize that Jabbar has a dad who wants and deserves to be involved in his life. She doesn't treat Crosby like a co-parent, and it bothers me. I hope she starts to let him in more.

I wasn't crazy about Julia's storyline, either, or the Lessing kid. I'd rather we see more of Amber and Drew.

I also thought Sarah was a bit too hyper in this episode, but I'm hoping that was just her nerves about starting a new job. I did love her interactions with Adam. And I love Billy Baldwin, so it was really fun to see Lauren's scenes with him. I'm also spoiler free, but I'd like to see him stick around for awhile.

Overall I thought it was good episode, mostly because of the Sarah scenes.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
ETA: I noticed Lauren's calves too and wondered if it's all the spinning classes.
A good reason to join her spin class, shame I'm in the wrong country and they probably wouldn't let me in, not that I could afford it.

I agree Sarah was extra hyper in this ep, maybe it was the strong coffee Echoes of Lorelai?
Old 09-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

ITA with all of you who found Sarah too overbearing, over the top and hyper. Like Cee, she also reminded me of Max and it made me uncomfortable. Unfortunately, I've seen a few too many Parenthood fans' tweets stating the same, even being annoyed with Lauren for portraying Sarah this way.
On second viewing, it came across much better, but frankly, how many viewers, excluding us here, lol, watch an episode more than once.

I was in awe, though, of the Adam/Sarah fight! Fantastic, imo. No wonder the network, knowing the RL relationship between Lauren and Peter, not only weren't afraid it would backfire, they actually gave them a SL that would have them interact even more. Hats off to them for not shying away from this situation.

I wish they would turn those family dinners into a regular thing, like Gilmore's FND became, because I love those scenes so much. I only wish they hadn't cut to Crosby/Jasmine so quickly, though. I love Crosby and Jabbar and just hope Jasmine has a world tour that'll keep her globetrotting the whole season (and the next and next ); Or, give her a personality makeover, lol.

The Lessings were annoying and redundent, giving them way too much time and too many scenes, imo, especially this early in the season with so many family characters to yet explore at depth and even more so when it cuts into Amber, Drew and more Zeek/Camille time.

Anyone else celebrating the fact that apparently Harmoney and her Joel obssessed mother are gone, hopefully forever (much has changed over the summer..., lol).

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 09-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to say that fights Sarah/Adam and Crosby/Jasmine kinda annoying, they escalated from nothing but in the end it was all better, maybe they hit to close to home as I know how one comment can be taken the wrong way and then wham it's a full blown fight! But unlike real life it was fixed within the hour again. And this week like I said we had 2 of them.

Also Sarah must have got used to those heels, remember in the pilot (and they commented about it on the DVD) she was not used to them and stumbled.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

I was thinking about how much disrespect Adam's family actually has for him. Last season and this, all they do is show up at his work to have him solve their problems. They have no respect that he actually has a job that does not involve his family and that he cannot be at their disposal 24/7.

Obviously now Sarah is working there so she has an excuse to be at his work, but nobody else does.

Even that dumb Phil Lessing showed up.

Adam can't get a break.

I would be furious if my family just showed up at my job all the time. He needs to set some boundaries.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

I'm just randomly jumping in. Re: Sarah's hyperness. Annoying, yes. But we also haven't seen her character this excited/nervous/etc. about something. We just got a lot of it because we had a whole episode of Sarah being excited or happy, rather than frustrated or upset. It was new for us as viewers. Just like I think some of us in the first episode were thrown off my Max's newfound hyperness.

And I agree, Christine. Poor Adam needs to set some boundaries. Though, I do kind of like the vibe of the family... just barge in anytime you need a sibling. LOL
Old 09-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Passionate Fan

I agree that Adam needs to set boundaries, but I have no sympathy for him. He lets people burden him and then acts like the martyr. I don't have a whole lot of respect for that. Also, upon second viewing of this episode he really annoyed me on a couple of occasions with his "this would never happen to me" attitude, first towards Crosby and I think the second time was with Phil Lessing. Adam needs to be knocked down from his "holier than thou" pedestal. JMO Peter is very pretty though.

I much prefer less perfect characters.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yes, Debbie, I agree. Adam needs to be taken down a peg or two but I think this season he will be. Heh, my father just told me the other day how he didn't like Adam cuz he was too much of a "mamsy pamsy" which is slang for a pushover basically.

ETA: I hope it's okay to post this here...I came across this on tumblr & thought it was cute:

Last edited by Talula78; 09-24-2010 at 02:46 AM
Old 09-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Passionate Fan

Jen, I love that! There are such great moments between these two. Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-24-2010, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Adam sees himself as the family protector, taking over from Zeek.

I'm hoping Adam and Kristina can have a break, maybe a weekend away together. Max and Haddie could stay with Sarah, Zeek and Camille. or maybe for Max's sake Sarah or someone could spend a few nights in Adam's house to take care of them. No this is not a spoiler (that I know of) just wishful thinking for now.

Nice gif Jen, they are pretty together
Old 09-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

gjoni, I couldn't have said it better, especially with them not being afraid to have such in depth scenes with Sarah and Adam. They were amazing. I agree with the rest of what you said.

I, for one, watch every episode at least three times the night it airs and usually every night it is on and just about every night I will watch the two or three most current episodes. This week, obviously just the first two of the season. I usually fast forward through the scenes I'm not all that interested in, but if I have the time I will watch it all.

While I was watching last night I watched for the picture of Lauren on the table outside the laundry room. I hadn't caught that before. I must really miss a lot because I usually don't scan the whole screen when watching the first few times. I later start to catch some of the little things.

Christine, I keep thinking about everyone showing up at Adam's work, too. I know that he is the oldest and everyone wants to take their problems to him to solve but they can't be that dumb that they can't know that it's not right or fair to Adam and can cause him a lot of trouble at work. That poor guy is going to have a major meltdown soon. He has got to just yell STOP. I can't understand why Lessing would show up there, although it seemed like he shows up a lot because the gal who told Adam he was there seemed to know him.

Jen, thanks for sharing that, they are so cute together.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Going back to have a look at the picture of Lauren/Sarah, I was trying to remember where it's is from, any idea's?

ETA - finally NBC updated its music list for PH
Parenthood | Watch Episodes Online for Free - Parenthood TV Show on NBC - NBC Official Site

# 1. Beg Steal or Borrow Ray LaMontagne
# 2. California Here I Come Bill Evans
# 3. Are We Really Through? Ray LaMontagne
# 4. You Come Up Like a Rose Northstar Session
# 5. The Devil’s in the Jukebox Ray LaMontagne
# 6. Hamster Dance Hit Crew
# 7. On My Way Back Home Band of Horses

Last weeks ep is also up

ETA 2 - oh another thing that reminded me of Lorelai with Sarah this week (Apart from the coffee) was her teasing Adam, calling him Boss and the Chief at the party. Something Lorelai did a lot with Luke. Do we know if any of the old GG writers have a job on PH?

ETA 3 - why would Sarah want Adam to look at her feet, the shoes she was going to wear? Just a thought lol

ETA 4 - transcript is now online!

Last edited by lancer1993; 09-26-2010 at 03:54 AM