Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

Parenthood #2 ~ Nobody said it would be easy!

By: Hayley3380

'Parenthood' exclusive: Helen Hunt out! Lauren Graham in! | Ausiello | EW.com

Official Parenthood site on NBC.com

Promo aired on November 26th:

This is the Parenthood General Discussion thread. As any other thread, if not specified otherwise, this is a spoiler-free thread.
Please respect the spoilers rules:
Quote:
Spoilers:

• No spoilers about any new or current television shows are allowed on the television show forums, and they should only be posted on the Spoilers Forum. Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world. Promos that have already aired on television and small episode descriptions are not considered to be spoilers.
• Spoilers are allowed on the Male and Female Celebrity Forums as long as the spoilers are limited to information about the character that the actor or actress is playing on the television show that they’re on, and they’re not about the overall show. Spoilers on these forums should only be posted to discuss the upcoming work of the actor or actress, and they must be posted in separate topics and be clearly identified with the word Spoiler in the title.
• Spoiler threads for upcoming movies are permitted on the Movies forum or on forums that are devoted to a movie franchise, as long as they're clearly identified with the word Spoiler in the title. Spoilers should not be discussed on the general threads on these forums.
• Spoilers for new books should only be discussed at the Spoilers Forum prior to the official release of the book.

Pictures
• Pictures from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
• Pictures of clips, episode stills and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie that are available on the Internet and have not been aired on television or have not been shown at the movie theatre before the movie is released are considered to be spoilerish, and they should only be posted in designated threads for the upcoming episode or movie.

• Avatars made from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
• Avatars made from pictures of clips, episode stills from official websites, and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie should not be used until after the episode airs or until the movie is released, because avatars can be seen all over Fan Forum, and we want to respect the wishes of members that don’t want to see any spoilers for an upcoming episode.

Episode descriptions
• Small snippets/blurbs from TV Guide/Entertainment Weekly etc. are fine.
• Longer episode descriptions (like for example the ones FOX provides), are considered to be spoilerish and should just be discussed on the episode discussion thread until the episode airs or they should be posted with spoiler tags in various threads on the television boards here.
Thank you,
Shannon and Val

Previous Thread

Last edited by valeposh; 11-27-2009 at 03:44 PM
Old 10-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
You shouldn't worry too much. It's on NBC. Nobody is watching it anyway.

Sorry lol. Leno screwed this network. Parenthood is a 10:00pm series.
haha well Jay Leno the last I heard his ratings were slipping. I dont' really get the concept of him leaving the Tonight show to do typically the same kind of show but at 10 p.m. *Scratches head* What would be the liklihood they take his show off the air? probably slim to none.

Anyways, I think Lauren alone will draw people in to atleast be curious. But the show has to be able to work cause Lauren can't carry it alone.

What about a title: Parenthood - Nobody said it would be easy!!
Old 10-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Sounds good to me, lol. My mind was blank.

And Leno only needs 1 million viewers or something ridiculous like that for it to make money for NBC.

I think people will definitely be interested in the show. It looks good, and it has great names behind it. I just hope people find it
Old 10-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Total Fan

I think your right Shannon

Quote:
"The Jay Leno Show" wouldn't need to be a ratings juggernaut to be considered a financial success, because it's so much cheaper to produce than the sort of scripted dramas that would typically air at 10 p.m.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

I just hope they will do a lot of promotional stuff. I think they need that for a mid-season premiere..

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 10-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

I believe in Parenthood more than I did in Guys and Dolls. You know how sceptical I was about that, and well, I was right.lol

Old 10-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

Tftnt Shan!
I think Parenthood will do good.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 10-26-2009, 11:50 AM
New Fan

I'm not as worried about the ratings. It will do well initially, by NBC standards at least. There are no good family drama currently on broadcast network televsion, and NBC will pimp this show out like hell during the Olympics. The show will at least be able to lured the desired demographics. Also, the cast is full of familiar faces and produced by Ron Howard and Brian Grazer.

It will start off well, though it may need critical success to stay in there for the long run. NBC doesn't really have a highly touted, acclaimed drama. That is what they want this to be.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Tftnt
Already the second one with no pics etc at all, lol. We rock
Old 10-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread...

I don't know much about the NBC situation about from what I've read online, yes having Jay Leno 5 nights a week at 10pm taking away 5 potential shows was probably a bad move by NBC as was the axing of Southland before it even got back onto the air!

But the one thing Parenthood has going from it (apart from Lauren and the rest of the strong cast and crew) is it should get a boost from the winter games if they promote it enough.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

I hope they promote it a lot!

And Valentine made us a pretty banner for the thread!!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Aw. I love the banner

Thanks, Hayley

You know what's weird? Maybe they fixed that already, but on the homepage in one pic with the parents of the Braverman kids, it's Sara and in the pic of her it's Sarah. Lol, assuming the sides have the correct way of writing it, it's Sarah, I just noticed^^
Old 10-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for the new thread Shannon and for the banner Hayley. It's perfect.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

The banner looks really good Hayley!

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 10-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
haha well Jay Leno the last I heard his ratings were slipping. I dont' really get the concept of him leaving the Tonight show to do typically the same kind of show but at 10 p.m. *Scratches head* What would be the liklihood they take his show off the air? probably slim to none.
Well, Leno had no choice. They hired Conan O'Brien for the Tonight Show in 2004 saying that he will take over for Leno in 2009 because they feared they would loose Conan to another network. And as Shannon said, Leno is much cheaper than any series could be so even with no rating success he will still make enough money. Sadly.

Anyway, NBC is so screwed at the moment, maybe they will take 5 mio. viewers as a success lol.