Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-26-2010, 05:32 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Did I miss the "I want to know that you want me here." line from Sarah to Adam in the car from the sides or was it cut? Mhm, I have to rewatch it.
I think they cut that line.

And I'm glad to hear that Lauren can use this episode for her Emmy submission. Now the question is, will she?

I have to say, I really wasn't all that into this show for the first few episodes or so. It has really picked up though and now I love it so much! I will start watching them over again ASAP.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgfan (View Post)
I think they cut that line.
Yeah. Too bad. I was looking forward to hear that line.

Quote:
I have to say, I really wasn't all that into this show for the first few episodes or so. It has really picked up though and now I love it so much! I will start watching them over again ASAP.
I cannot agree more. The first episode that got my was the 4th one. Before that i was like meh, it's okay-ish and I will watch it for Lauren but I'm not excited about it. It improved a lot.

Here's a nice review from EW
'Parenthood' season finale review: 'Lost and Found' | EW.com

Quote:
(Christensen has the trickiest role in Parenthood, in many ways, and nearly always pulls it off in a manner that only leaves you wanting to throw a pie in her face every other week, which I assume it how Katims wants you to think about Julia.)
This made me laugh cause that's the way I feel about Erika.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

I thought the scene where Adam and Sarah burst into Damien's Fresno apt. was wonderful. And in the end when Adam rushes up the stairs because he forgot to close the door and Sarah says, "... the politest person I know!", lol.

The end of the scene with Amber and Sarah on the couch, them joking about their emotional state or such - I think that might have been Lauren and Mae talking about themselves and it was simply left in cause it worked.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 05-26-2010, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the "You're the muscle. Man up. Cover your eyes. Come on." part LOL
Old 05-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

Another good review - from Alan Sepinwall:

"...Now, in family there's room for both those emotions, sometimes right on top of each other - you can have insane screaming matches with the ones you love and then bes smiling and joking minutes later - but it can be a very tricky balance to pull off on a TV show.

For the most part this season, "Parenthood" was able to walk that high-wire, and continued to do so through "Lost and Found..."

I guess it was just me who felt some bits to be too sticky sweet. I don't care - I prefer critics and others enjoying it all, for the good of the show and for even greater ratings next year, perhaps! Amen!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Master Fan

I loved this episode so much. I think it was one of the best this season. Probably because there was more deepening or however you say that in the storylines. It was so good!

I especially loved the scene with Amber and Sarah on the couch together. It shows how much they really care about each other even though they fight a lot. That's kind of real mother/daughter stuff I think.

The scene with Adam and Sarah and Damien's apartment was hilarious as well. Just as the scene at Steve's apartment. 'The entire school is calling my daughter a whore and Steve just comes up smelling like a rose'

I also loved the shot at the end with the whole family. I kind of wished Crosby was still there and had left for New York the day after or something, cause that shot would have been perfect then lol. Also loved how Drew was annoyed with his whole family. So cute lol.

Oh oh! And Sarah and Drew playing baseball? I totally loved that.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 05-26-2010, 08:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

I loved this epsiode! There was no cliffhanger at all, but I can live with it, because the dialouges and the dynamic was fantastic!!!
I was so touched when I watched the Sarah/Mr.Cyr scene, it's just too bad he is not coming back... at least not for a while. (I secretly hope his show flops so he'll come back, but that is a bit mean...)
Lauren was... I can't even find the words! With each episode she gets better and better! And I stopped seeing Lorelai in Sarah after the second episode or something and that really says something! I thought I'd never be able to seperate these two shows!
GIVE LAUREN AN EMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

I loved this eppy, it made me cry and laugh out loud. First thing that got tears in my eyes was Mark´s "Please, don´t move", he was like a lost puppy. aww. Though the scene felt little random to me. We haven´t heard of him for several episodes and then this. Not that I complained. I take it as they are waiting 2 years for each other for now.lol And stright after that there was the scene about Jabbar asking Crosby about calling him dad, and I cried. And i don´t know why since Im not usually into Crosby´s storyline that much but he was so sad this episode that it killed me.
First thing that made me LOL was Sarah crushing the car and driving away.lol
The big turn in Kristina´s action really surprised me. She was bitchy for the first half and then suddenly she was all "I´ll help". It rang false to me. If they had to make them up I wish they did it little differently. This was too quick and too cheesy/soapy. Poor writing.
I didn´t really like Zeek and the storyline around.
The Drew´s annoyed look at the end was a nice touch.lol

Last edited by Danke; 05-26-2010 at 09:50 AM
Old 05-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Awsome season finale!
I`m glad there was no cliffhanger, I didn`t expect that either tho.

I loved Sarah and Ambers scene they are such a good team Lauren and Mae.
Haddie coloring her hair, I get it. she wanted a new start do something different, I also sort get that she wants to be a bit more like Amber. I was glad that Haddie came along to get Amber and that they talked and made up. that scene made me cry.

I`m glad that Adam supported Sarah and came along to look for Amber. The scene at Steves house was so funny, and over at damiens house.

the end was so typical for this show. i loved it.

I`m so glad that we got to see so much of Lauren in this episode, she was amazing.

The scene with Mr cyr and Sarah was so nice, I`m glad he wasn`t more central in the story since Jason is busy with a new show in the fall and all. anyway mr cyr said some good things to Sarah, all so true.

Jasmin/Crosby/Jabbar I`m not sure about this whole moving thing. I want this little family to make it. and I understand that Crosby wanted to come with them to New york.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Extreme Fan

I didn't think that Kristina's sudden switch in attitude rang false or cheesy at all! I figure that's just what you do in life with family members You can be mad at them and basically hate them but the second you feel like they might be in trouble or danger you're there. I think that's how it has to be in life and I know that every single one of my aunts would have done the same thing.

Some things are more important and like Kristina said, she's her family. Imagine if that was Haddie there alone in the rain in the middle of the night and Sarah hadn't bothered to go collect her cause she was mad - I'd have been furious with her! Sorry, this is just something I feel really strongly about In a massive Irish family we have wars frequently but they are dropped as quickly as they begin as there's always something more important.

I can't wait to go and watch this ep again!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Oh my, how I love thee, Parenthood!

Seriously, this is the first series I’m in love with since Gilmore girls. I know, Lauren’s in it, I wouldn’t have watched otherwise, and ALL other actresses cast for the part of Sarah probably can’t reach Lauren, in every way.

This was a great finale, it closed storylines that were on edge, and opened up new ones, like, what happens now that Crosby moves to NYC? And I guess Sarah is staying put now that Drew did great in the try-outs? Plus, I think she wants to stay because Mark is wanting her to.

Aw man, that Sarah/Mark scene was so awesome! I love them together, I wish he will have guest appearances now and then and in a year comes back for more episodes. I can’t imagine any other love interests for Sarah that could be that cute! Well, we’ll see.

I approved of the fact that now Crosby and Julia also called Zeek out on his misbehavior. I still don’t like him and never will, somehow I’m sure of that. I wanted to shake him in this episode.
Although the Ukulele-playing was funny, and Craig can sing

Hahaha, and there actually WAS a car crash, And I couldn’t believe Sarah fled with such a determined face

Also, Lauren/Mae: The combination of them and their acting skills is lethal. They get me every time.

Aaaand, Lauren pitching I laughed so hard, she throws like a girl I wouldn't do better, but I also loved her outfit somehow, lol.

Mission finding Amber was so funny. How Adam and Sarah caught Damien with the 'very pretty' girl. How horrible for the teenagers (and the adults probably, too!)

This is really short, but I kinda am speechless right now, lol.

*sigh* I’ll miss this show so much. September really can’t come fast enough.

Last edited by Copop; 05-26-2010 at 11:43 AM
Old 05-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

and we finally saw the piano hands.lol

and also Lauren said that there was a scene with fake raining that was so laud that they couldn´t even hear each other. Except they don´t have any lines during the scene....lol

Old 05-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Katka, when did she say that? I don't remember... I'm getting old.
And maybe they just cut it out because you couldn't understand either. It worked anyway

Oh, and can someone spell it out for me what Amber and Sarah are giggling to each other on the couch? I so can't make it out
Old 05-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
and we finally saw the piano hands.lol
Lol, thought of the hand double during that scene, too.

Kathrin, at the end of the couch scene?

S: "OMG, I can't take it."
A: "I know. We really got to get it together."

Also, lol:

"I smoked and drank a lot. That's why you're so short."

Old 05-26-2010, 01:15 PM
New Fan

Mess up on last night's eppy

BIG GIGANTIC mess up last night when Sara and Adam showed up at Steve's house Steve calls Sara Mrs.Holt not Braverman anyone else catch that Sara always introdcues herself as Sara Braverman not Sara Holt?

haha how much does Adam want to be with Sara's family helping them out more than he helps his own wife out looking at Sara''Lauren Graham'' when Zeek was singing I have a pretty girl on my mind I was like aww Peter! just saying