Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

Parenthood - 1x10 - "Namaste No More" Episode Discussion

Episode 10
Namaste No More

Quote:
Parenthood "Namaste No More" Episode 10 Synopsis: When Crosby (Dax Shepard) and Jasmine’s (Joy Bryant) relationship heats up, they have to decide how to explain it to Jabbar (Tyree Brown). Elsewhere, Adam (Peter Krause) and Kristina (Monica Potter) are on the search for friends but find that the process is more difficult than they thought. Sarah learns about Zeek’s (Craig T. Nelson) financial problems. Meanwhile, Julia (Erika Christensen) becomes the new coach of Sydney’s (Savannah Paige Rae) soccer team and Haddie (Sarah Ramos) goes to Amber (Mae Whitman) for advice when her boyfriend starts pressuring her into having sex. Bonnie Bedelia, Sam Jaeger, Miles Heizer and Max Burkholder also star.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Is it nOmaste or nAmaste? And what does it mean, I couldn't find a translation to either one. Maybe one of you guys know?
Old 05-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copop (View Post)
Is it nOmaste or nAmaste? And what does it mean, I couldn't find a translation to either one. Maybe one of you guys know?
you are right, it´s supposed to be "Namaste" and namaste means greating in India, Nepal. And there´s gonna be a reference in the episode. And I don´t consider this to be spoiler.lol

Old 05-04-2010, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
you are right, it´s supposed to be "Namaste" and namaste means greating in India, Nepal. And there´s gonna be a reference in the episode. And I don´t consider this to be spoiler.lol
Ah, thanks Now it doesn't bother me anymore, lol
Old 05-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah!!! It's Tuesday.

A little O/T bit of trivia. This weeks episode of Gravity is titled Namaste mf. I know that a lot of shows use the same episode titles in some form or another, but this is the second time that Parenthood and another show have done it in the same week. The week that PH episode Man Versus Possum aired, Parks and Rec's ep that week had Possum in it, too. Not going anywhere with it, just saying.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Twitter / Ellie Holcomb: "Live Forever" will be fea ...

Quote:
@ellieholcomb "Live Forever" will be featured on NBC's PARENTHOOD tonight. Love this show! Get the song on iTunes Live Forever EP by Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors - Download Live Forever EP on iTunes Spread the word!
At least we know one song!

Last edited by Claireem86; 05-04-2010 at 01:22 PM
Old 05-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireem86 (View Post)
Cool, one for the list all ready.

Hope NBC is not as slow updating their music list this week.

Last edited by lancer1993; 05-04-2010 at 06:09 PM
Old 05-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Totally love scenes that are Lauren and Bonnie So great together.

And the 4 kids and the parents? We need more of those scenes. It was so nice to see JUST them. Quite moving in this instance, too.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow, that was such a sad episode. I agree, Shannon, the Sarah/Camille scenes were so good. They seem to have a really special relationship. The only thing that bothers me is that we see in the preview for next week that Sarah tells Adam about Zeek cheating. Camille asked Sarah not to tell.

Not really feeling the Amber/Steve thing. Mae sure looked pretty in this episode though.

Why do I have a feeling this Crosby/Jasmine thing is going to go back and forth. Ugh.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Extreme Fan

OK, I can't say much right now but the last 15 mins or so of that episode KILLED me. The meal with the 6 of them was outstanding, I lost it when Zeek drove away and just as I started to pull it together we saw Sarah's collage. I can't even remember the rest of the ep at the moment - those were some of the most touching scenes I have seen in a long long time.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just love the car scene, with the 4 siblings fighting about the front seats.
Very intense dinner, though. Great scene!

Tyree Brown, what a sweet kid! I wanna have a son like him.

And I'm not feeling Amber/Steve either. In my opinion, things are going too fast.

Next week will be awesome, for sure!

You don't need an invitation to your own life
Old 05-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Was Amber being allowed to serve alcohol?

Was Amber intentionally trying to break up Haddie and Steve or was she trying to be a friend to each? I haven't decided.

It was nice to see just the six Bravermans without the extended family.

And once again, I love Bonnie Bedelia. The Camille and Sarah scenes have been some of my favorites of the show.

Sarah's collage reminded me of some of the fan art that you talented people design.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Was Amber being allowed to serve alcohol?
Yes, it seems she was. It's illegal in my state for a minor to serve alcohol. Don't know about California though. Either way, it just didn't feel right to me.

The whole soccer storyline disappointed me a little. I mean, it was ok. I was just expecting more. And bringing in Jabbar as a ringer was pretty stupid, imo. And what's with the other team's goalie? At least a small attempt at stopping the ball would be nice. LOL

ETA: Looks like Ausiello enjoyed the episode.

Quote:
MichaelAusiello

I love PARENTHOOD. That's all.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Really loved this episode. The 4 siblings together are such strong scenes, they deff need to do more of those. I also like it didn't focus too much on Adam, the past few weeks I found too much focus on him. I also like how they are startign to really make the episodes flow together now rather than just end within themselves.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the teaser with Crosby falling out of Jasmines bedroom window, I know it's a tired cliché but still fun to see. Crosby trying to trick Jabbar into thinking he was sleepwalking, didn't work. Anyone wlse waiting for the moment he calls Crosby dad for the first time?

I never liked Steve, it always felt like he was just trying to get into Haddie's pants and tonight's episode shows that. Now he's sweet talking Amber and she's falling for him, with the whole father MS thing and saying he's a virgin. This is not going to end well!

Okay I love it when the 4 siblings get together, without any one else. And then the dinner with the parents, how awkward! Didn't think Zeek just leave but as Camille told Sarah it was more than just the money, hope we get to see more in the 3 remaining episodes of the season.

I liked the side store with Max and the 2 other families and how they got treated the same with the second one as they treated the other in the opening but it was nice for them to go back in the end. By the way there was a story about the guy wearing those bike shorts.

The pawn shop laptop thing was a nice surprise and good way to tie in the Zeek stuff and Sarah's computer class but really any computer found there is not going to run Photoshop needed for any computer class, the software would cost much more than the computer unless student discounts apply. Sorry for my geek bable, but really a pawn shop is the last place to by a PC if you don't know what you're looking for. Nice to see Drew again, even if it was just a few minutes. The collage was nice in the end, would be nice to hear from who every did that.

Amber working at the golf club thing was weird, not sure about the beer, anyone know the law in CA? And yes Mae looked so pretty this week, apart from the bun or whatever in the first scene.

Julia the soccer coach, (Did Couch/Craig T. Nelson give her tips?) Jabbar was good but yeah why was the goalie just standing there, did Racquel say something? I was hoping to see more there as well. Nice to see the family there, with Zeek now estranged from Camille it might be a while before we see that again.

And what of the missing scenes? First Sarah was mean to be seen in a computer class this week. Second there was meant to be more with Steve and Haddie on the golf course, with the blanket. Seriously how we get some of these scenes on the DVD.

Still another good ep that really needed to be longer to open up some of the scenes more.