Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

Parenthood - 1x09 - "Perchance to Dream" Episode Discussion

Episode 9
Perchance to Dream

Quote:
Adam has his hands full when Kristina goes back to work and leaves him with Max and Haddie for the weekend. Along with taking care of his own kids, Adam gives Drew girl advice when a school dance approaches. Sarah tries to get Amber excited about college by taking her to an event on campus and unexpectedly runs into an ex. Meanwhile, Julia attempts to teach Sydney a lesson about lying and Crosby takes Jasmine on a real date without Jabbar.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

History lesson (it may apply to the episode?)
"Perchance to Dream" is a phrase from the "To be, or not to be" soliloquy spoken by Shakespeare's Hamlet.
Perchance to Dream - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can't wait until tomorrow!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Okay, that dance party? My favorite moment of the series so far.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved Sarah's "first base is kissing, second base is..." and then completed it with "reading Tennyson" after Kristina started freaking out. Lauren has the best delivery.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

OMG. Jim's poem. OMG.

That is all.

(Oh! And epic dance party!!)
Old 04-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Passionate Fan

This episode is hilarious so far.

"He's talking about flowers, right?"

"I think it might be about your vag". LMAO
Old 04-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Shannon, I love that you already have that as your icon.

It is a funny episode so far.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

Isn't it amazing? Haha. I LOL so much when I saw it.

And I love the end! Sarah and Amber in the kitchen! *sigh* And I loved seeing Kristina all excited about work
Old 04-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

"I don't think you need both livers anyway."

Great episode. I think I will be watching and rewinding the dancing scene repeatedly.

Drew's back!!

Sarah and Amber building each other up. Sweet.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Passionate Fan

The Sarah/Amber relationship is so amazing. I can't say enough for Lauren and Mae's acting. Definitely my favorite part of this show right now.

The whole storyline with Sydney and the broken vase was very amusing. I usually am not big on Julia storylines, but I liked this one.

Crosby and Jasmine together.... awww....

Kristina storyline was kinda boring to me, but I definitely understand where she is coming from. Been there, done that. Women sometimes have to make some really tough choices.

After the first few episodes, I was kinda finding Adam boring. Not anymore! I want more Adam/Sarah scenes!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Lea makes an adorable cupcake.

That was a really sweet scene in the kitchen. Lauren's face was so expressive and heartbreaking and hopeful. She nailed it.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Next week's episode looks like it's going to school-centric. Not sure how much I can take of this Steve fellow.

I'm trying to decide if tonight's is my favorite episode so far. It might be. I've been really happy with the past 3 episodes and feel like this show is really developing nicely.

ETA: I don't get the cupcake thing.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Total Fan

I loved this episode so much and it was really very funny.

The Sarah/Amber relationship is by far my favorite. When she started talking about how she doesn't know if she could listen to any more poems about her mom's vagizzle? lol ...I just died

I also like the 3 sisters bonding...and Sydney and the vase thing was so funny and so right on. My nephew will lie blatantly to your face about anything and everything, although I don't think I'd go as far as keeping broken vase on the floor for days to prove a point...I think just beating the child and putting her in her room would of worked for me.......I kid I kid!

Jabbar not being able to go #2 at Julia's was so adorable!

Drew and Adam were cute together too. Although Adam and his daughter relationship is annoying me. I mean maybe bc I didn't grow up with a dad during those years I don't know what it's like to have that kind of person in my life to "protect" me but I do find that if I did I would react the same way Haddie does! He's a bit over the top.

Quote:
ETA: I don't get the cupcake thing.
I believe they're talkin about Shannon's icon not PH. I would assume that's from something else....Glee maybe??
Old 04-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
but I do find that if I did I would react the same way Haddie does! He's a bit over the top.
Yeah, he definitely overdid it. He was being a protective dad though and his intentions were good. It was kinda funny too.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Total Fan

I get his intentions were good. And he's only tryin to prevent something from happening but she's right it's a double standard and he has to just trust. But lets face it kids have sex and the only good thing you can do is instill common sense in your kids to be smart about their choices then set them free.