Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

Which leads to the conclusion that Glee viewers aren't watching Parenthood. And vice versa lol.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Total Fan

I tried to watch Glee for the first time last night and I could not get into it at all. So yes it would make sense that the glee crowd overal isn't interested in the PH crowd!

I've said it already PH would be renewed. NBC has nothin to work with and these ratings are just fine for that timeslot. I am not sure though if they'd give it a full season or another mid season replacement. My hope is a full season. But you know how networks like to put everything at less then 14 episodes just in case things don't work out (which imo ultimately just hurts the show).
Old 04-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygraham (View Post)
Which leads to the conclusion that Glee viewers aren't watching Parenthood. And vice versa lol.
yeah, I think more young people watch Glee and Parenthood is more for people over 30, I guess. I´m ok with that.lol

Old 04-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygraham (View Post)
Yeah, I don't know - a bunch of people tweeted about the overlap last night so I guess there are some, just maybe not enough to make a huge difference

I watched Glee this morning and was pretty underwhelmed to be honest - Brittany and Emma are my faves for sure!

I really hope we hear something about Parenthood next season soon - I can't bear the thought of no second season!

Thanks for posting the ratings guys
Old 04-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

I don't think Parenthood will come back as a midseason show in case it gets renewed. It's more likely they order either a full season or 13 episodes (with a start in the fall) with the chance to add more episodes in case the ratings are stable. And maybe the network should think about changing the timeslot. I really think 10pm is too late for the show. 9pm would be perfect.

Quote:
yeah, I think more young people watch Glee and Parenthood is more for people over 30, I guess. I´m ok with that.lol
So we're old? lol

Quote:
I really hope we hear something about Parenthood next season soon - I can't bear the thought of no second season!
I think NBC learned a lot last season with Southland when they announced a second season and the ratings dropped. Parenthood has been stable for the past weeks but I think they want to make sure it's continueing in that way. I don't expect an announcement before early May.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I am not sure though if they'd give it a full season or another mid season replacement. My hope is a full season. But you know how networks like to put everything at less then 14 episodes just in case things don't work out (which imo ultimately just hurts the show).
Wow, it hadn't even occurred to me that they might make it a midseason replacement. I can see picking it up for half a season in the fall and seeing how it goes, but midseason would just kill the show. Seriously, I think I'd rather it not be picked up at all. At least then the actors could move on to other projects.

All in all, I feel really good about the prospects for a fall return.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Ah, good ratings again, very well
Old 04-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgfan (View Post)
Wow, it hadn't even occurred to me that they might make it a midseason replacement. I can see picking it up for half a season in the fall and seeing how it goes, but midseason would just kill the show. Seriously, I think I'd rather it not be picked up at all. At least then the actors could move on to other projects.

All in all, I feel really good about the prospects for a fall return.
Well let's not forget PH started late. Most mid season replacements began in Jan. PH didn't start until march and will run until when? June-ish?? So if it gets a full season I would say by end oct. early nov. for a premiere of season 2.
But yes many shows do mid seasons now due to budget cost as well as kind of being scared that if the show doesn't do well they can pull the plug faster.
Mid season starts to new shows are okay however placing a show that is going into other seasons at midseason never work out as people lose interest.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
Well let's not forget PH started late. Most mid season replacements began in Jan. PH didn't start until march and will run until when? June-ish?? So if it gets a full season I would say by end oct. early nov. for a premiere of season 2.
If there's no hiatus which I doubt because of the sweeps the season should end May 25th which is pretty normal. I agree about a slightly late start because they haven't wrapped up yet so maybe they would start shooting in August instead of July maybe.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never really go into Glee, watch the first couple but it never hooked me, guess that might be different if Lauren was on the show LOL

I never thought of PH being a mid season show if, I mean when it gets picked up for a seconds season. I don't think they will have much of a break and hope it comes back in September/October.

ETA - not direct PH news but nice to read.
NBC.com Proud as a Peacock After 1Q Results - mediabistro.com: WebNewser

Last edited by lancer1993; 04-14-2010 at 04:49 PM
Old 04-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love Glee but only watched the first half last night (and just watched the second half online) so that I could watch & DVR Parenthood. And I'm over 30 . . . waaaay over 30.

Ele is correct that Parenthood ends the first season on May 25. I believe the Jillian Michaels show premieres in that timeslot the following week.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

Actually i'm 15 and I watch Glee and Parenthood but i prefer to watch PH.

However i'm feeling pretty good on the whole getting renewed for a second season thing. The ratings have been pretty good!
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 04-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ask Ausiello:

Quote:
Question: Any word on season 2 of Parenthood? —Valentina
Ausiello: This week’s episode held up well against Glee, so I’m leaving it as “a safe bet” on my Bubble Show Scorecard. E.P. Jason Katims, meanwhile, tells me the season finale won’t really work as a series finale since “there will be one or two questions that are hanging in the balance.” (Note to NBC: If you cancel this show, I release the pictures!)

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls

Last edited by gjoni; 04-14-2010 at 10:38 PM
Old 04-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Master Fan

Oh no, cliffhangers. I always hate that you have to wait months for the answer lol. But on the other hand, it's very smart to get people to watch season 2 again.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 04-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
(Note to NBC: If you cancel this show, I release the pictures!)
Which pictures lol.