Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Parenthood #11 ~ It'll blow your freakin' mind!

By: Hayley3380

Official Parenthood site on NBC.com

Promos:

Profile videos for the other characters.

News
- Lauren Graham's 'Parenthood' role is not just another Lorelai Gilmore!
-'Parenthood' is coming back as a TV show!
-Lauren Graham On Her New TV Gig: Why My Role On ‘Parenthood’ Is So NOT Lorelai On ‘Gilmore Girls!’ Hollywood Life
-'Parenthood' Starring Lauren Graham Premieres March 2 on NBC 2010/02/11
-Ron Howard, Lauren Graham and Jason Katims Talk Parenthood in Film and Television - Entertainment News
-Family drama | The Spectrum
-So a Blonde Walks Into a Review: NBC's Parenthood
.Confessions of a Psychotic Housewife: TV Show Review: Parenthood
-Feminist Review: Parenthood
-New NBC TV Show Parenthood | The Shopping Mama
-El Paso Inc
-Gilmore Girl mom talks about Parenthood
-NBC’s Parenthood Preview - TotallyHer.com
-"Parenthood" Review: NBC's New Drama Series | Parenting Squad
-Familiar Faces In 'Parenthood' And Other Primetime Series - Starpulse Entertainment News
-Talking TV With The Producer Of 'Parenthood' - Forbes.com
-Interview with Ron Howard and Lauren Graham of "Parenthood" - Primetime TV Show Articles From The TV MegaSite
-Lauren Graham returns to series TV with 'Parenthood'

Red Carpet Interviews
-Dax Shepard Hates on Curling | NBC Los Angeles
-Stars at the 'Parenthood' Premiere! | Extra
-'Parenthood' series showcases family hijinks | OnTheRedCarpet.com
-YouTube - Parenthood Launch Party

This is the Parenthood General Discussion thread. As any other thread, if not specified otherwise, this is a spoiler-free thread.
Please respect the spoilers rules:

Quote:
Spoilers:

• No spoilers about any new or current television shows are allowed on the television show forums, and they should only be posted on the Spoilers Forum. Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world. Promos that have already aired on television and small episode descriptions are not considered to be spoilers.
• Spoilers are allowed on the Male and Female Celebrity Forums as long as the spoilers are limited to information about the character that the actor or actress is playing on the television show that they’re on, and they’re not about the overall show. Spoilers on these forums should only be posted to discuss the upcoming work of the actor or actress, and they must be posted in separate topics and be clearly identified with the word Spoiler in the title.
• Spoiler threads for upcoming movies are permitted on the Movies forum or on forums that are devoted to a movie franchise, as long as they're clearly identified with the word Spoiler in the title. Spoilers should not be discussed on the general threads on these forums.
• Spoilers for new books should only be discussed at the Spoilers Forum prior to the official release of the book.

Pictures
• Pictures from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
• Pictures of clips, episode stills and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie that are available on the Internet and have not been aired on television or have not been shown at the movie theatre before the movie is released are considered to be spoilerish, and they should only be posted in designated threads for the upcoming episode or movie.

• Avatars made from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
• Avatars made from pictures of clips, episode stills from official websites, and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie should not be used until after the episode airs or until the movie is released, because avatars can be seen all over Fan Forum, and we want to respect the wishes of members that don’t want to see any spoilers for an upcoming episode.

Episode descriptions
• Small snippets/blurbs from TV Guide/Entertainment Weekly etc. are fine.
• Longer episode descriptions (like for example the ones FOX provides), are considered to be spoilerish and should just be discussed on the episode discussion thread until the episode airs or they should be posted with spoiler tags in various threads on the television boards here.
Thank you,
Shannon and Val

Parenthood Campaign Thread - let's get a board for the show!

Previous Thread
Old 03-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT! Love the title.

Katka, I agree, I also find the idea of Lauren listening to Tegan & Sara amusing.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Total Fan

tftnt!! Great title.

In response to the conversation in the last thread. It also looks like parenthood had people tune out in the second half hour of the show:

10:00 CBS The Good Wife 2.9 8 14.175
NBC Parenthood 2.8 8 6.436
ABC the forgotten 1.7 5 5.193

10:30 CBS The Good Wife 2.8 8 13.640
NBC Parenthood 2.5 8 5.709
ABC the forgotten 1.3 4 4.591

I want people to stay positive as ratings ALWAYS drop off after the pilot. Sometimes they pick back up and sometimes they maintain what we don't want is it to drop more! So lets just see how epi 3 does. It could go back up. I wouldn't say it will get the pilot ratings but going up a bit is a good sign that people are still curious. I think the show has great potential.

The whole ratings thing drives me crazy though. I never care about them of course until I get a show I really like. I really would like to know how one sets up their household for Nielson family ratings. Becasue basically most of our viewership doesn't even count
Old 03-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree lets stay positive about the ratings...

...thanks for the new thread, nice title.

ETA - watching the promo for next week I think the pool might be indoors also Lauren might not be wearing a t-shirt in the pool, I now think it might just be her hair on her shoulder.

Last edited by lancer1993; 03-10-2010 at 07:12 PM
Old 03-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Total Fan

I'm surprised she got in the pool. People with really curly hair usually are not that eager to get it wet once straightened! lol
Old 03-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Sarah straitens her hair, I think we've only seen it natural like Lauren.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
I want people to stay positive as ratings ALWAYS drop off after the pilot. Sometimes they pick back up and sometimes they maintain what we don't want is it to drop more! So lets just see how epi 3 does. It could go back up. I wouldn't say it will get the pilot ratings but going up a bit is a good sign that people are still curious. I think the show has great potential.

The whole ratings thing drives me crazy though. I never care about them of course until I get a show I really like. I really would like to know how one sets up their household for Nielson family ratings. Becasue basically most of our viewership doesn't even count
Totally agree, way too early to go into panic mode for us. Ratings were decent enough for the moment. And yeah the Nielson thing is stupid, i don't get how that is an accurate of viewers.

What r we talking about a pool, did I miss something?

Last edited by Depp27; 03-11-2010 at 12:10 AM
Old 03-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What r we talking about a pool, did I miss something?
It's not really a spoiler since it was in the promos but the family goes to a swimming pool next week.

‘Parenthood’ pilot is a jumbled mess - The Daily Iowan
Quote:
Though it’s hard to judge a show solely on its pilot episode (experience tells us pilots are always underdeveloped), there are still many issues in the première that may cause the series to be dropped after its first season.
A review of the new NBC television series, Parenthood, starring Lauren Graham. - Deep Dish
Quote:
It's so nice to see actress Lauren Graham back on television. Having loved her as Lorelai on Gilmore Girls (which I only discovered two years ago on DVD), I was quite curious to see how she would fit in to an ensemble cast like NBC's new Parenthood has - and after watching the series' premiere last week, I felt I should reserve judgment until I'd viewed a second episode. I'm very glad that I did because I liked last night's show much more than the pilot, which seemed to lack a cohesiveness among its large cast of characters. But there were enough things that I liked about it to make me want to see more - and now I consider myself a fan of the show.
Parenthood : Don't Give Up On It, Baby - TV.com
Quote:
When Parenthood premiered last week, it received mixed reviews from the TV.com staff (as new/highly anticipated/well-cast shows are wont to do). I liked the show's feel from the get-go, but Steve Heisler thought the pilot was bogged down with cliches. (A fair point.) And Tim Surette told me this morning that he thinks the Bravermans are a bunch of jerks. (Another fair point—they put themselves and their children before just about everyone else.) But Tuesday's episode of Parenthood, "Man Versus Possum," was much better than its slow-but-steady pilot. To put it simply, more stuff happened.
Berkeley Doesn’t Recognize Itself in NBC’s ‘Parenthood’ - Bay Area Blog - NYTimes.com
Quote:
At first, the second episode seemed to have mostly white characters. An early scene showed the character Sarah, played by Lauren Graham, dropping her kids off at school. (Shot at University High in Los Angeles, which made a bad stand-in for Berkeley High). None of the students in the show resembled actual high school students. The girls were wearing bell-bottom jeans, when tight, straight-legged jeans are the norm, and there were no boys with jeans sagging around their buttocks.
Critic's Corner Thursday: 'Parks and Rec,' 'Grey's Anatomy' - USATODAY.com
Quote:
What is it with NBC and possums? Tuesday, a possum drove Adam crazy (well, crazier) on Parenthood. Tonight, a possum takes up residence on a golf course on Parks and Recreation (8:30 ET/PT), leading Leslie (Amy Poehler) to form a trap-the-possum task force. Who knew the little marsupials were such a threat?

Last edited by lancer1993; 03-11-2010 at 12:16 AM
Old 03-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Master Fan

Was this posted?
Parenthood, 'Man Versus Possum': Adam looks for an Asperger's cure | - NJ.com
It's a review of the second episode. I hadn't read it yet, because I'm SF. If this was posted already, I'm sorry.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 03-11-2010, 02:00 AM
Master Fan

I think this is cool

Asperger's syndrome tops Google searches after plotline on NBC show 'Parenthood'

Also different view on the ratings.

Quote:
After winning the timeslot last week, "Parenthood" slipped to second last night behind CBS's "The Good Wife," which averaged a 2.8.

"Parenthood" was still well ahead of former timeslot occupant "The Jay Leno Show's" 10 p.m. average, and it performed 1.1 better than ABC's competing "the forgotten," which managed a mere 1.5 despite a strong lead from "Lost." That explains why "forgotten" is ending soon.
Media Life Magazine - NBC's 'Parenthood' slips its second outing

things like ratings and all statistics data makes me so mad, cos I don´t believe in it. Until someone asks me personally what I think about stuff, I don´t believe in sayings like "60% of this country thinks...." Ratings are the same, how can few tousand of people represent millions of people living in US? I just don´t believe in the perfect samples. I had to study statistic for 2 semesters, we really snarkastic during the lessons.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Denise- (View Post)
Was this posted?
Parenthood, 'Man Versus Possum': Adam looks for an Asperger's cure | - NJ.com
It's a review of the second episode. I hadn't read it yet, because I'm SF. If this was posted already, I'm sorry.
No spoilers that I could see but I liked this.
Quote:
(*) Bob Dylan did, in fact, have several albums hit number one, both here and in the UK, so is Max limiting his definition of "record" to mean "single" (where he got as high as #2 a few times)? Or did the creative team screw up not with the Asperger's, but with the music knowledge? I also found it interesting that, after the pilot featured Dylan's "Forever Young" at several points, an episode that repeatedly namechecked Dylan instead closed with Paul Simon's "St. Judy's Comet." I suppose they don't want to get pigeon-holed as "that show with the Dylan soundtrack." That, or his songs ain't cheap enough to license every week.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:18 AM
Master Fan

Here´s audio interview with Monica Potter. Good to see other cast to do promotion too.

Monica Potter interview | play.it

ETA:

Quote:
At 10 p.m., “Parenthood” (2.6/9 in adults 18-49, 6.1 million viewers overall) finished within 0.2 of a rating point of the time-period lead in adults 18-49. In the time slot, "Parenthood" finished #1 among the major networks in adults, men and women 18-34 and women 18-49 (tie).
link

and apparently the screeners had different song playing with the opening credits.

Last edited by Danke; 03-11-2010 at 06:11 AM
Old 03-11-2010, 06:14 AM
Master Fan

I must say I like the Bob Dylan song more for the opening credits, so good job.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
I don't think Sarah straitens her hair, I think we've only seen it natural like Lauren.
I was talking about Lauren in real life not sarah.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Extreme Fan

thanks for the new thread! love the title