Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-10-2016, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
But we're leaving tomorrow afternoon for our honeymoon! First stop, Dubai!
I won't be around as much but I'll keep you girls posted.
Have a great time!
Old 07-11-2016, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

Dubai sounds awesome. Enjoy your trip!
Old 07-14-2016, 12:32 AM
Master Fan

Im back from our vacation in Slovakia and it was lovely and we felt very welcomed, it was nice. They have a very nice nature and we climbed lots of mountians so I feel tired but satisfied. Already missing it

Exactly on the czech - slovak border on our way home our car started leaking gas. Why can we never have a normal return from a vacation, I don´t know. We had to drive another 300km with it and it smelled horribly. Lets see what the mechanics will tell us.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Katka, your vacation sounds like a lot of fun...well, other than the gas leak. Glad you got home safe and hopefully fixing the leak won't be a big job. The picture is really beautiful.

Val, have an awesome honeymoon. Glad your thesis defense went great.

Claire, Your summer sounds like it had started out amazingly. Enjoy the rest of it.

Shannon, enjoy your summer with your dad and the free meals. That is always a plus.

We still haven't made any plans for the summer. Hopefully we will be doing something fun soon. Spent the 4th with some of my husband's family. It wasn't a happy celebration, though, because his step mother died on the 2nd. She was cremated and there will be a service sometime soon when it is decided where her's and his dad's ashes will be placed. I am really worried that we will loose touch with his half brother and his family now. They pulled away from the family when their dad died and now with their mother/step-mother passing away I am afraid they won't want anything to do with everyone else.

Hate the weather we have been getting here this summer. A lot of 90+ days and then it goes down into the 70s with a few mid 80s days here and there. Right now we are getting thunderstorms with the 90 degrees.

Hope everyone is having a great summer. Can't believe it is about half over already.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:35 PM
Master Fan

Katka, what a beautiful photo! I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation (and I hope your car is okay!).

Sarah, I'm sorry for you and your family's loss. I hope your family is able to maintain those ties and your husband's half-brother doesn't slip away. It sounds like a difficult situation your family is dealing with.

It's been pretty hot here, too. To think that the summer is half over, though, is awful to me! I've seen back-to-school displays in Staples and Target and they really bummed me out.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Claire, thank you. We are hoping that they won't back away from the family. We don't understand why they are doing this. We are also trying to find out if his dad had a will but the only way we can find out about that is through the half brother. He has another half brother on mother's side who has 3 kids and 3 or 4 grandkids that the 4 full brothers don't hear from too. It is crazy and sad.

It is crazy that summer is half over already. It seems like it just started. Yeah, I have been seeing a lot of advertising for back to school stuff. Unbelievable.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

Nice photo Katka!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 07-16-2016, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

I saw Ghostbusters today. Fun movie. I had a good time, and Melissa is funny as always, but not so over the top like some of her other recent movies.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chants (View Post)
I saw Ghostbusters today. Fun movie. I had a good time, and Melissa is funny as always, but not so over the top like some of her other recent movies.
Fun! I might try to see it this week.

I went to my cousin's wedding yesterday, which was lovely, and I'm going to another cousin's wedding next weekend (in Maine, which should be nice). It's a busy month for my family!
Old 07-17-2016, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

Ooh Maine, fun. I've never been there.

Good lobster I hear.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chants (View Post)
Good lobster I hear.
Yeah, I hear that too, but I don't eat seafood so I can't tell you firsthand. It is a beautiful state, though!
Old 07-17-2016, 11:50 PM
Master Fan

Lots of weddings lately (or like every summer) Have fun, Claire.

We went to see Jesus Christ Superstar, concert version, in one chateau garden, yesterday. It was great, except for the 15minut heavy rain, but we were prepared.lol Too bad I still can´t get Dave to really appreciate musicals. I was like "did you like it?" and "hmmm" was all I got.lol

Old 07-18-2016, 04:52 AM
Elite Fan

Hi everyone from Cambodia!!
Crazy trip! Having fun, Cambodia is so very different. Never seen anything like it. Tomorrow we move to Malaysia!

Sarah, I'm sorry for your loss. I hope things in your family patch up!!
Katka, that picture looks very cool! And... I wouldn't like musicals either after seeing JCS. Show him Book of Mormon, guys like that one usually!
Claire, I really would love to go to Maine! Post pics!!
Much love to you all!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 07-18-2016, 05:27 AM
Master Fan

sorry, but I love JCS It´s one of the first musicals I ever saw, when I was 13.lol I love the music. but Dave really liked Phantom of the Opera, go figure. Phantom is not my favorite but is really impressive live.

Counting days for my next vacation next week

Old 07-18-2016, 07:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Claire, lots of weddings. I went to Maine many years ago when I spent two weeks going through the New England states with my parents and really loved it there. It was my favorite vacation. I LOVE lobster.

Val, thank you. Sounds like you are having an amazing honeymoon. Can't wait to see some pictures.

Christine, as of right now we are going to see ghostbusters on Thursday. I have seen so many promos and the gals in it have been on everything talking about it that I am almost tried of it. I hope that it will be good.

I really liked JCS. It is really funny, one time when we went to see the movie I had a bad cold. There is one scene where Jesus has his back to the screen, raises his arms and turns around. As soon as he did, my cold was completely gone. It was so weird. Mark doesn't like musicals either but used to go with me for a few years but then stopped.