Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2016, 01:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Double posting because it's been awhile! What's everyone up to? Now that today is over, I'm officially on spring break! I'm going to Washington D.C. with a group from my school for a few days (Sunday-Tuesday), which should be fun (we're taking good kids), and then I get to relax the rest of next week.
I love Washington DC! I bet it's super pretty in the spring. Have fun!!! Do you know where you're taking them, as far as museums and such? I loved the Newseum there.
I'm having quite the weekend. My friends are throwing Jay and me an early bachelorette/bachelor celebration. Last night they blindfolded us separately and took us to a brewery, where we had a bunch of games to do (or, if we refused, we had to drink ). It was embarrassing, but fun. And sweet to think they planned all of this for us.
Today... they're taking us somewhere I don't know to do something I don't know. Slightly nervous...
icon: Permanent_99
Old 04-24-2016, 01:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Double posting because it's been awhile! What's everyone up to? Now that today is over, I'm officially on spring break! I'm going to Washington D.C. with a group from my school for a few days (Sunday-Tuesday), which should be fun (we're taking good kids), and then I get to relax the rest of next week.
I love Washington DC! I bet it's super pretty in the spring. Have fun!!! Do you know where you're taking them, as far as museums and such? I loved the Newseum there.
I'm having quite the weekend. My friends are throwing Jay and me an early bachelorette/bachelor celebration. Last night they blindfolded us separately and took us to a brewery, where we had a bunch of games to do (or, if we refused, we had to drink ). It was embarrassing, but fun. And sweet to think they planned all of this for us.
Today... they're taking us somewhere I don't know to do something I don't know. Slightly nervous...
Old 04-24-2016, 04:24 AM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

We're going to Arlington Cemetery, the Air and Space Museum, taking a tour of the Capitol, stopping at Monticello on our way home, and whatever else we can squeeze in! I hope the cherry blossoms are still in bloom, because that's always a highlight in spring.

Your bachelorette/bachelor weekend sounds like so much fun! Enjoy today's excursion!
Old 04-24-2016, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Claire, Im sure the kids had fun, right I really liked DC as well.

I had productive weekend. Went shopping wiht my mom yesterday, so I finally have some new clothes to wear again, it´s been time.lol

Today I went to ice hockey finale with my favorite team. There were 2x twenty minutes long overtimes and each had 18min break in between. I thought we will never get home.lol and my team lost, buuuu

Old 04-24-2016, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
stopping at Monticello
"Doing whatever the H it is you do in Monticello!"
Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Katka, sorry your team lost! But it sounds like a good weekend. productive weekends satisfy me a lot more than lazy ones.
Our afternoon surprise was a gigantic paintball game made of several different battles. I had never played paintball and it was on fields in the countryside, up and down hills and so on. We're all a bit bruised but we had a blast!! I feel very celebrated.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:19 PM
Total Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

Had a boring weekend, but today I made a homemade lasagna for dinner and watched Game of Thrones. So glad it's back.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:34 AM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

I'm glad Game of Thrones is back, too! Luckily we were back at the hotel in time For me to watch it last night (and they had HBO). Christine, homemade lasagna and GoT sounds lovely!

Katka, sounds like an exciting game, even if your team lost!

Val, paintball sounds like a blast.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

We still have to watch GoT. I worked 12 hours today, so tonight I don't feel like watching. Probably tomorrow. I'm curious because it's the first season that goes completely beyond the books.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:47 AM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

I'm back from our trip, which was exhausting but a lot of fun. Monticello was the highlight for me; I've never been there before, and it was absolutely beautiful and so interesting. The kids had fun, and we had no catastrophes, so it was a success.

Val, I wish we'd get the next GoT novel soon, but it is interesting to see the show going beyond the books!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:58 PM
Total Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

Quote:
I'm back from our trip, which was exhausting but a lot of fun. Monticello was the highlight for me; I've never been there before, and it was absolutely beautiful and so interesting. The kids had fun, and we had no catastrophes, so it was a success.

Val, I wish we'd get the next GoT novel soon, but it is interesting to see the show going beyond the books!
Glad you had a fun trip.

I'm pretty sure George RR Martin has told the show runners what happens, but they could still take the show in a different direction, or he could change the book.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:33 AM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

Yep, it seems like they're on the same page where the story is going, but it's interesting to not have any idea where that is as a viewer.

I'm excited because I have a friend visiting me this weekend whom I haven't seen in a long time. What's everyone else up to?
Old 05-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

I'm very glad Game of Thrones is back as well!

Sounds like you all are doing fun stuff

I had a busy weekend myself too. Mostly because I don't really wanna be at home. My home is a mess right now. Demolished my kitchen and rebuilding at the moment, because I bought a new kitchen which will come in a little over a week. Once, but never again lol.

Went to an abandoned theme park today. It was my favorite theme park when I was around 5/6 years old. No rollercoasters, but it was all about theater. So awesome. It closed in 2007 and hasn't been maintained of course. It reopened for visitors who would like to see the leftovers so now you can take a walk through the theme park. Took my back to my childhood. Great to see. I wish it would come back and reopen lol.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 05-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Claire, what are you and your friend doing? Hope the weather in NYC is nice so you two can enjoy the city! It's been rainy and gloomy this weekend here.
Denise, a demolished kitchen doesn't sound like fun... Are you staying at your place or at your parents' until it's done? And show us pics of the new kitchen when it's all done!
We did the Color Run yesterday, do you guys know what it is? It's this fun 5k where they "bomb" you with different colored chalk at each km. It was fun but at some point it started pouring so it became mostly a run for survival.
Last night we went out with my best friend and her boyfriend. The string quartet we hired for the wedding was playing in a restaurant/bar and we wanted to hear them.
Today was spent mostly at my parents. My 3 yo nephew broke his arm with a bad fall, he's fine now (albeit with a cast), but it gave me an excuse to get him a new present, so I got him a wooden train set with tracks and all.

Last edited by valeposh; 05-02-2016 at 03:23 AM
Old 05-02-2016, 01:12 AM
Master Fan

Glad everyone had a nice weekend

I visited my family and my cousin´s kids this Saturday. I haven´t been there since Christmas so it was nice to see that the kids still remember me, heh. Had to play with them all afternoon. The weather was nice so it was great to spend the afternoon on a garden. Haven´t seen my cousin though, she wanted to try Guarana and apparently she overdosed herself and was vomiting and hallucinating all day. My family...lol

Yesterday we went to kiss under our favorite tree at the Prague Castle (May 1st) and one american tourist asked us if we want to take pic that we looked so cute kissing under the tree and I was like "no, it´s just a tradition".lol and then I explained it to her and she was all "aaah" and "awwww".lol

Quote:
it became mostly a run for survival.
aka the only reason I would ever run...lol

Old 05-02-2016, 03:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
aka the only reason I would ever run...lol
I do enjoy running. Not during a thunderstorm.
A nice day playing with kids in a garden sounds like fun! My brother once exaggerated with guarana himself. He was high and super hilarious to watch.
I still love the May 1st kissing tradition. So sweet.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread