Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2015, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Hey girls!
I'm sorry I haven't been around today. My grandma is not doing great, and we took her to the hospital today, and she's been admitted. I hope she'll be better, but it could honestly go either way. From a rational point of view, I know she's almost 92 and has lived a long, healthy life, but... she's still my grandma. Please, send her a little prayer or good thought. I'd appreciate it.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 10-15-2015, 03:50 PM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

I'm sorry she's not doing well, Val. Thinking of and praying for her.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:18 PM
Total Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

Sending good thoughts your way, Val.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

So what's everyone up to this weekend?
Old 10-23-2015, 07:33 AM
Elite Fan

Hey girls. I'm back. My grandma passed away on Sunday, and I had to take care of a few things. Even though she was almost 92, it's hit me pretty hard. I'll miss her.

Talking of happier things... Jay and I are going to Expo in Milan tomorrow. I expect super long lines but I hope it'll be interesting to see. What's everyone up to?
Old 10-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

I'm so sorry, Val. It sounds like she lived a long, full life, but I know how difficult it must be to lose her.

I hope you have fun at the Milan Expo.

I had a really long, stressful week at school, so I'm ready for a lazy weekend.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

Vale - :hugs: I´m sorry to hear that, but what a nice long life. I hope you´ll get your mind off things at the Expo.

We went to astronomical observatory today during our evening walk. We go by quite often but I´ve never been inside. We got to look at moon and some other stars with huge telescope. The night was clear so that was fun.

No big plans for the weekend. We are invited to our friends birthday so I guess a game night as usual.lol

Old 10-23-2015, 04:32 PM
Total Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

Sorry for your loss Val.

I'm going to be very busy this weekend, getting my hair done, working a few hours on both Saturday and Sunday, and then getting ready for my vacation (cleaning, packing, etc).

I leave for Disneyland on Wednesday and I'll be there for Halloween
Old 10-25-2015, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks girls. She did live a long life, and when she passed away, all of us were there with her, so I guess that's what everyone would want for their loved ones.

Expo was fun! And crowded. I'm glad we went on a saturday, because we can chill today. We got home after midnight, and walked more than 16 km. We did see some cook pavilions. Katka, we visited both the Czech Republic and the Slovakia ones (because Jay wanted to homage both of his heritages) and they were among the coolest we saw.

I feel like carving a pumpkin today. Fall is the best season in the US, and I miss the Halloween and then Thanksgiving spirit.

Christine, being in Disneyland on Halloween must be really cool. Is it open late at night too?
Old 10-25-2015, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

Val I'm very sorry to hear about your grandma

Christine - have fun at Disneyland

Personally I couldn't care less about Halloween, it's not a German tradition and I find it weird when people celebrate it here in Germany. I won't buy any candies in case kids come knocking on the door, they can come back in February when it's carnival.

I went to the woods to search for mushrooms yesterday, but I only found a few ones that you couldn't eat so I ended up taking pictures cause the light was amazing.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:25 PM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by chants (View Post)
I leave for Disneyland on Wednesday and I'll be there for Halloween
Enjoy, I bet that will be a lot of fun!

I'm excited to visit my cousin in Washington D.C. this weekend. I haven't been there in awhile.

Ele, you're a great photographer!

Wow, Val, you did a lot of walking at the Expo! Finding good food would have been a priority for me.

Katka, the astronomical observatory sounds really cool.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Wow, Val, you did a lot of walking at the Expo! Finding good food would have been a priority for me.
We had Korean lunch, Belgian snack, American (yep...) dinner. Korean lunch was my favorite. I'm always up for some good Asian food.
We got pumpkins and are having a friend over to carve. She spent 9 months in Boston, so she's also missing Halloween traditions.
I've been (forcedly) attending a hypertension master course for 2 days, tomorrow is the last one. It's interesting, but I'm not used to sitting down for 9 hours every day anymore.
Claire, I loved DC when I visited. So cool you get to see your cousin AND the city! Going by train?
Old 10-29-2015, 04:29 PM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

What an international feast!
Carving pumpkins must have been fun! We used to do that every year when I was growing up, but I don't think I've carved a pumpkin in about 10 years, and I miss it. (I just don't know where I'd put it in my apartment.)

I'm taking the bus to D.C. because it's a lot cheaper than the train. Hopefully the ride goes quickly. I've got lots of reading material! Yeah, it'll be nice to see both the city and family.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
What an international feast!
Carving pumpkins must have been fun! We used to do that every year when I was growing up, but I don't think I've carved a pumpkin in about 10 years, and I miss it. (I just don't know where I'd put it in my apartment.)

I'm taking the bus to D.C. because it's a lot cheaper than the train. Hopefully the ride goes quickly. I've got lots of reading material! Yeah, it'll be nice to see both the city and family.
We made a Snoopy pumpkin. It was pretty fun. Jay drew it on the pumpkin and I carved. I'm 8.
Claire, I hope you're enjoying DC!! We're going to a dinner party tonight, in costume. I already regret agreeing to do this.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

Hey girls!

We don't really celebrate Halloween either. It's getting bigger in Holland though. Went to a theme park last week for the Halloween fright nights. It's awesome. It's just a normal theme park until 6pm and after that (because it's dark) the theme park turns into the halloween fright nights. You've got these scare zones everywhere in the park (and really can't go anywhere without passing them. Even to the exit lol). They created these monsters that are walking in the scare zones and running after you and stuff. Let's say I screamed all night, because it's dark and you don't see them coming lol. One scare zone was pretty cool though, they recreated the walking dead. I liked that.

Claire, you're in Washington right now? It's the NYC Marathon today. How can you not be in New York for that? lol. It's still my dream to run it once.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Closed Thread   Post New Thread