Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2015, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygraham (View Post)

Katka - I thought constantly of you at work today cause German google celebrates 605 years of prague's astronomical clock today
nice, we finally made it international.lol

And Rigolleto was ok.lol

Ele - enjoy your vacations!

Old 10-10-2015, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

Ele, you've got some pretty great plans ahead of you! How long will you be in the US for?
Quote:
I'm making a video for my dad's birthday and my mom is sending me all those old pics I've never seen of my dad and some are hilarious, he looked like a spy back in the 80s. (maybe he was )
This sounds incredibly cool. I've wanted to turn our old home videos in like DVDs or something more permanent.
Claire, I'm not a Walking Dead fan but Jay was very impressed by the pictures. I'm sure it was awesome!

We're just back from a really nice 2-year anniversary dinner.
And yes, the cheesecake actually turned out good!! I think one of my friends had 3 pieces.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 10-11-2015, 09:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
Ele, you've got some pretty great plans ahead of you! How long will you be in the US for?
I'll be in the US Nov. 23rd - Dec. 3rd. Claire was gracious enough to let me crash at her place. I will be in Washington Nov. 30th - Dec. 1st, already have my ticket to visit the Senate

Vale - Happy anniversary to you and Jay

Anyone knowing the series Deutschland 83? It's the first German series that premiered in the US before it aired in Germany, it will air here in November but I already watched all 8 episodes and I love it, it's about the cold war and an East German spy in West Germany.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:43 AM
Communications Team
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team
Fan Forum Cheerleader

cece; fanforum's cheerleader ღ
Old 10-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'll be in the US Nov. 23rd - Dec. 3rd. Claire was gracious enough to let me crash at her place. I will be in Washington Nov. 30th - Dec. 1st, already have my ticket to visit the Senate

Vale - Happy anniversary to you and Jay

Anyone knowing the series Deutschland 83? It's the first German series that premiered in the US before it aired in Germany, it will air here in November but I already watched all 8 episodes and I love it, it's about the cold war and an East German spy in West Germany.
So you'll be in NY over Thanksgiving! That's great! I miss NY. Sigh.
And thanks!
I've never heard about that series, but it sounds interesting. Definitely something I could use getting more informed about. Is it close to history or very modified?

Hi, Cece! Welcome to the board!
Old 10-11-2015, 02:46 PM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

Ele, I hadn't heard of the TV series either, but after looking it up I'm surprised I didn't know about it because it seems like it's gotten a lot of praise. I'd like to watch it, but it's the wrong time to be adding TV shows to my list because now everything is back on and it's hard enough to keep up! Hopefully I can binge watch it sometime.
I'm excited for your visit.

Happy (belated) Anniversary, Val! I'm glad the cheesecake turned out.
I like fall baking; I just made pumpkin bars that I'm eager to try.

Katka, I'm glad you didn't hate Rigoletto.

Hi Cece!
Old 10-12-2015, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
I've never heard about that series, but it sounds interesting. Definitely something I could use getting more informed about. Is it close to history or very modified?
I think it's pretty close to history, I remember some stuff of it from when I was a child and from what I read about German history and the cold war. It's in German though with English subtitles. But it has a great opening title.

Claire - I can bring my external disc with the episodes on them For some reason I have not so many shows nowadays to watch, are there any new shows that are worth watching?

I have no idea what to expect from Thanksgiving lol. All I know about it I have from movies.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

Ele - I hope you´ll be more lucky with the present for your dad than I am. My mom has a birthday next week and she has wanted to see a show that is always sold out. She´s been talking about it for the last half of the year. So I finally managed to get tickets for her and my dad and yesterday we talked and she told me she has a work event she has to go to on that date. That happens like once in a year and so what a bad coincidence. She is pretty upset. So now I´m trying to sell the tickets on czech "ebay". they were not cheap. I have to figure out what else to buy her, and my dad, who has birthday a week after her. sigh.lol

I started my working out season today. uff.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:26 PM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

Oh no, Katka, that's a bummer. Is there a way you could try to trade the tickets with someone for another date?

Ele, I don't know too much about current new shows, I just have too many ongoing shows that are on right now! (I watch OUAT, The Affair, Homeland, The Leftovers, The Walking Dead, iZombie, Scorpion, The Blacklist, Grey's, Scandal, Survivor, The Amazing Race, and a lot more that are still on hiatus). The only new show I've tried so far is Quantico, and I'm still on the fence about it. I'm looking forward to Supergirl and Jessica Jones. I'll definitely take Deutschland 83, though, even if I'm not sure when I'll be able to watch it!

Get ready for Thanksgiving; it's a big holiday in my family.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I have no idea what to expect from Thanksgiving lol. All I know about it I have from movies.
I loved Thanksgiving at Jay's mom. So much food. But I remember we didn't ate anything until like 6pm and I was starving.
Katka, I'm so sorry about that! I wanted to get my mom a ticket for Cats (it's coming to Torino, I hope we'll get to go) but it's all in English and she wouldn't appreciate it.
I took Jay's sister to the airport this morning at 5am and I'm feeling a bit dead.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:07 AM
Master Fan

Cats can be great if it´s a good production

I managed to sell the tickets so yay.

I´m going to see opening show of Hamlet with Benedict Cumberbatch in London today.lol They air it live in our cinema.haha. Although I´m not sure I´ll survive 4 hours, especially since I saw Hamlet several times already. I saw Cumberbatch live in Frankenstein in our cinema too, and it was like the best performence I´ve ever seen so I´m sure he will be great again. Also I miss Sherlock so much

Vale - how was Expo?

Old 10-15-2015, 04:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

Ooh, Katka, let me know what you think of Hamlet! That sounds like a great production. And I'm glad you were able to sell the tickets!

Cats is fun; I think that was the second Broadway show I ever saw. It's cool that it's coming to Torino.

Anyone have any big weekend plans coming up?
Old 10-15-2015, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
My mom has the unfamous birthday so Im coming home. She will get a boring book instead.lol but the weather´s been really bad this week so we´ll probably be just home.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
I'm going to a series festival so I will spend tomorrow evening and most of Saturday at the cinema. They are showing Dr. Who and another British series whose names I can't remember and also the first eps of the new season of a German series I love. It will be fun.

Katka - I hope your mom will like her birthday and the book as well. And yay for selling the tickets.

Claire - thanks for the show suggestions, I got a few ones from friends as well, I will try Sense 8 and The man in the high castle next. The latter is from Frank Spotnitz and produced by Ridley Scott so it should be good.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

Quote:
I will try Sense 8 and The man in the high castle next. The latter is from Frank Spotnitz and produced by Ridley Scott so it should be good.
Both of those are on my list of shows to watch! Let me know what you think of them.
Ooh, another one I love that returned this week is Fargo, and the season 2 premiere was really good.

The series festival sounds fun, Ele!

Katka, I'm sure she'll like the book you got her, and at least she knows you made an effort with the show tickets even if it didn't work out.

This weekend is the Outlaw Roadshow, which I guess could be described as a small, free music festival. I enjoy going every year, so I'm looking forward to it.