Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

Val, are you just going to run or are you actually joining a race? I have to races coming up as well. 5k in May en 10k in June. I'm expanding my kilometers every week right now, which is mentally almost harder than physically lol. I've ran 5k's for more than a year and now I have to double that distance. My mind isn't set on it yet lol.

Katka, you're not alone. I didn't clean my windows yet (hate that too!), but cleaned my whole house extra good today. I just had to clean for some reason. But hey, what's not to love about a clean apartment.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 04-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Everytime I try to run on a treadmill in a gym I get bored after 3 mins. I guess it´s not my sport.lol

I had a nice Sunday visiting my family. I´m going to a dentist in the morning which won´t be as much pleasure.lol

Old 04-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Val, are you just going to run or are you actually joining a race? I have to races coming up as well. 5k in May en 10k in June. I'm expanding my kilometers every week right now, which is mentally almost harder than physically lol. I've ran 5k's for more than a year and now I have to double that distance. My mind isn't set on it yet lol.
It was an actual race! Just a 5k, but we ran it in 33 minutes, which is my personal best (I'm lame. ). We had fun!! It ended inside the Big House, which is the U of M football stadium (the biggest in the world). It was awesome. I was kind of emotional about the whole thing at the end.
But I agree, it's 90% mental strength. As of a whole, we ran 5k and walked 7k today, so my legs are complaining.
Katka- I liked ice hockey!! It was a lot of fun, and we won, so even better. They're going to play offs this week but I think the tickets will be too expensive to attend.
Two days of work and then it's my parents in NYC!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 04-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Master Fan

Well, the more you train the faster you get! Sounds like a great race though!! I'm hoping to end my 5k race in 27-28 minutes. But I skipped my training today, because I didn't feel like running so if I keep doing that I won't make that goal lol. And now by not going, I feel even worse about it. So now I'm making myself catch up on that training tomorrow

Katka, don't run on a treadmill. It's the worst thing ever, I agree. Go outside. Look around you, enjoy what's out there! I've seen parts of my city while running that I normally don't really see and I'm loving it. Also seeing the nature change with the seasons, love it! Music in your ears and it's the best thing out there.

Now I feel even worse for skipping my training.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Katka, don't run on a treadmill. It's the worst thing ever, I agree. Go outside. Look around you, enjoy what's out there! I've seen parts of my city while running that I normally don't really see and I'm loving it. Also seeing the nature change with the seasons, love it! Music in your ears and it's the best thing out there.
I totally agree. I'd never run on a treadmill. I discovered new parts of Ann Arbor just by running around, it's beautiful.
I won't be running at all this week, because I'm leaving on Wednesday morning for NYC (and tomorrow afternoon to go at Jay's). I'm hoping to get Jay to run in Central Park one early morning before we meet my parents though! That'd be seriously awesome.
Lots of running talks! What else is going on, girls?
Old 04-07-2014, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

I´ve been roller skating in the park for the first time this season. I like that much better than running. Only 13,5 km today but good for a start

Have fun in NY, Vale. I can´t wait to hear how your parents like it

Old 04-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

So jealous of your New York trip Val. And exciting to see your parents again. Is it the first time they will meet Jay?

Running in Central Park is a dream of mine. I wish I would've been running when I was in New York. But I was still in my lazy days back then lol.

Katka, rollerskating is fun too! It's been so long since I've done that!

Old 04-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Is it the first time they will meet Jay?
Yep! Well technically, they've seen him on Skype quite a few times, but yes, it's the first time they meet. I'm not nervous at all.
There's something in the air that makes me incredibly allergic. I've never been allergic before, but my eyes and mouth are itching like crazy. Pout.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Don't you have some kind of hay fever? That you're allergic to different pollen that they don't have in Italy or something? I have a very light version of that as well. As soon as spring hits, I sneeze all the time lol.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Don't you have some kind of hay fever? That you're allergic to different pollen that they don't have in Italy or something? I have a very light version of that as well. As soon as spring hits, I sneeze all the time lol.
I think it might be. I've been taking Zyrtec, it's very annoying. Pout. Now let's see if the same pollen is in NYC as well. If not, it's a sign I have to move.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:58 AM
Master Fan

Vale - I hope it will get better in NY

My knee is sore after the skating. It sucks. I guess I won´t be able to skate as often as I want.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:24 AM
Master Fan

It always gets better for me when I'm in a foreign country. So my conclusion is always that I'm allergic to Holland lol.

Aww, that sucks Katka. Is it the same knee you hurt during skiing?

Old 04-09-2014, 03:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Denise- (View Post)
Aww, that sucks Katka. Is it the same knee you hurt during skiing?
yeah. It is not painful per say but I feel some weird pressure there and it´s weird feeling and walking the stairs isn´t very pleasant. I hope the knee is just tired/swollen and that it will be ok tomorrow again. It feels like it took me year and half back because this is how I felt half a year after the operation. Stupid sport.

Well, at least I´m not allergic to anything.lol

Old 04-09-2014, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Katka, I hope your knee feels better.

I went roller skating over the weekend (at a roller skating rink), and it was my first time using quad skates (I used to roller blade a lot). It was harder than it looks! A group of us went for my friend's birthday and none of us were any good at it, but I'm sure we looked entertaining.

I've been getting allergy shots (once a week, five shots each time, which sucks), and I hope they start working soon.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

I had quad skates when I was kid and I remember that I fell down and knocked my breath off .lol

It´s Thursday, almost Friday