Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Denise - When I was in Amsterdam, my friends and I went bike riding through the city to have a picnic in the park. It was fun but it poured with rain half way through and we had to hide in a tunnel for half an hour before it stopped. I am so excited to have my new bike and ride it around once the weather is nice.

Kakta - Greece to Ireland sounds fun, how long do you want the trip to last for altogether. You can go to so many beautiful cities in Europe that way, I am saving up to go visit a few of them myself.

Claire - The photos are amazing, it looks like you had such an amazing time.

Hey everyone, its April and it's snowing/sleeting here.. REALLY !!! Where's Spring? This week I have gone for interview after interview, yesterday I went for two in one day. So I am really hoping I hear something back soon.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Greece and Ireland sound nice, Katka! I want to go to Amsterdam, too. I have to save up for another trip now, though. I got back from China last night and it was absolutely fabulous. I have tons of pictures here. The 12-hour time difference has completely thrown me off, and I'm exhausted (work today was not fun).
Welcome back, Claire! Just seen your pics, they look incredible! Looks like you had an amazing time. China is a country that fascinates me, some day I'll visit. It made me laugh that you were so excited for Pizza Hut and Burger King. Is Chinese food really so different from the one we find in Chinese restaurants? I've been told that Chinese restaurants in Western countries serve mostly Cantonese food, which is not what you find in the rest of China. The Great Wall is so beautiful. Really loved your pics! And I saw a couple of cute guys too.

Hey everyone. I've had a pretty interesting day filled with lectures about stroke made by some of the best neurologist we have. Not bad. Only downside, it finished too late to hit the gym and it's pouring, so no running.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 04-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

Boohoo, typed up a whole message and now it's gone!

Poor me, I have to travel all around the world to see you guys and no one ever visits me back lol. If you guys ever decide to actually come to Amsterdam, I found a cheap way where you only have to book your flight! You can stay with me. I always thought it wouldn't really be effective since I live 1.5 hours away from Amsterdam by public transport and a return ticket by train is expansive as hell (you can pay your hotel room from that lol). But now I found a way! So if you decide to come here it can be the cheap way lol.

Claire, glad your back safely! And glad you enjoyed China. Your pictures look amazing! China fascinates me as well. And that chinese wall is so intriguing.

Katka, Greece or Ireland sound great. But hey, Greece again? Choose something you haven't done before, like let's say uhmmm Amsterdam?! lol.

Look you guys!

I don't know if it's interesting for you, but it's my work in Amsterdam (with English subtitles). Or at least, they show the factory lol. It's pretty interesting though, they show how they make the excavators and stuff.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 04-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, tonight was my granddaughter's Lorelai and Kaydence's Kindergarten music
program it was too cute... any I managed to take pictures of the cuties.. I even got
one of Lorelai pulling a Lauren with her tongue.. I just wish I knew how to post photos.. oh well..
My grandson Roman was in the 1st grade program last month.
They are all at such cute ages.

On April 27th my whole family is walking in the MS walk for the cure. Even the kids
are walking with us.. should be a fun group.

Last edited by Sophiejune; 04-05-2013 at 07:06 AM
Old 04-05-2013, 02:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Katka, Greece or Ireland sound great. But hey, Greece again? Choose something you haven't done before, like let's say uhmmm Amsterdam?! lol.
Well, where else to go in Europe when you want a sunny vacation? I like Greece the best and they have many many island to choose from.lol

I went to dentist this morning and I didn´t go back to work so I have the rest of the day free.

Jo - Good luck with the job interviews! Let us know how it went.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, where else to go in Europe when you want a sunny vacation?
*cough* Italy *cough*
Old 04-05-2013, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
*cough* Italy *cough*
I´ve been there twice in summer. Nothing really new to me.lol I dont like the long beaches full of people like they are in Italy and Spain. But I would like to travel around Italy more.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
I´ve been there twice in summer. Nothing really new to me.lol I dont like the long beaches full of people like they are in Italy and Spain. But I would like to travel around Italy more.
Which beaches did you visit? If I were a foreigner wanting to visit Italy, I think I'd mostly do tours in areas like Tuscany and Umbria, and then I'd go to Sicily for the beaches.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Which beaches did you visit? If I were a foreigner wanting to visit Italy, I think I'd mostly do tours in areas like Tuscany and Umbria, and then I'd go to Sicily for the beaches.
I was in Rimini with my school in 90s and then in San Benedetto Del Tronto (there were looots of jellyfishes back then, I got stank.lol). I went through Tuscany only by bus when I went to Firenze.lol I would really like to see Pompei one day.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I was in Rimini with my school in 90s and then in San Benedetto Del Tronto (there were looots of jellyfishes back then, I got stank.lol). I went through Tuscany only by bus when I went to Firenze.lol I would really like to see Pompei one day.
Oh jeez, you went to the worst place!! Rimini is horrible, I'd never go there in a million years! Sicily and Sardinia, those are the beaches you want to see.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Val - I went to Lake Garda like years and years ago because my cousin got married there and it was so beautiful. I would love to see more of Italy one day and do less of the touristy places like I did when I was there 2 years ago.

Katka - Thank you I heard back from one place but I am not sure what I am going to do yet.

A couple of days ago a massive European/Polish store opened up and it is the biggest in the area. I went in there today and I pretty much want to buy everything in there. I love trying new foods so no doubt I will be there buying loads of different types of food. If any one has any ideas of some foods for me to try let me know and I will track it down. I bought a massive load of perogies and sauerkraut and that was my dinner... it was so good I can speak a little Polish so I like to go and practice sometimes and surprise the people working in the shops it is a lot of fun as they do not expect me to be able to speak any Polish and I come out with all this stuff. Got to work on it some more though, along with all the other languages I am trying to learn right now.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh jeez, you went to the worst place!! Rimini is horrible, I'd never go there in a million years!
Yeah I know.lol but it was hugely popular place in 90s because it was the cheapest and closest sea to us.lol I don´t think people are really going there now. Most favorite summer vacation places for Czechs are now Croatia, Greece and Egypt.

Jo - If you know polish you could learn czech pretty easily

Old 04-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

Jo- that's cool you speak Polish! What other languages do you speak?
Katka - random but I was watching a random ep of Gossip Girl and a character was in Prague and ke was robbed and stabbed, poor thing.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Katka - random but I was watching a random ep of Gossip Girl and a character was in Prague and ke was robbed and stabbed, poor thing.
well, that´s not really nice publicity, is it?lol i get the robbing but someone being stubbed in Prague? not really.lol

Old 04-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
well, that´s not really nice publicity, is it?lol i get the robbing but someone being stubbed in Prague? not really.lol
I think it was the season finale so they needed a cliffhanger, lol. But yeah, not the best publicity... My Lonely Planet guide of Prague stares at me every time I enter my bedroom at my parents'.