Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-10-2013, 05:52 AM
Master Fan

Sarah - that sounds like pretty eventful morning is the fireman ok?

I´m going to enjoy my christmas present and go to Pink concert today I´m sure it will be awesome. and I´m supposed to go on a trip with my friends tomorrow but it´s been raining nonstop since the morning so the nature will be all muddy tomorrow. Achjo. I was really looking forward to it.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
Sarah - that sounds like pretty eventful morning is the fireman ok?

I´m going to enjoy my christmas present and go to Pink concert today I´m sure it will be awesome. and I´m supposed to go on a trip with my friends tomorrow but it´s been raining nonstop since the morning so the nature will be all muddy tomorrow. Achjo. I was really looking forward to it.
Ooooh Pink, so cool!! I wish she'd have stopped in Milan, I'd have tried to go! From what I've heard, she's amazing live. Have fun!!
I may have found the perfect blue heels for my new dress. I've tried them this morning, but I'm going back this afternoon with the dress, just to be sure I like the whole look.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 05-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Katka, yeah, finally getting your Christmas present. I hope that you have a great time. Sorry the weather is going to be bad and ruining your trip.

I am sad to say that the fireman died. He was only 29 years old, had only been on the squad for less than a year and had a 13 month old daughter. It was a very sad day for the community for sure. He is the first firefighter in our city to have lost his life on the job. The ironic thing is that the people who owned these to business that burnt down would have charity events there for situations just like this. I am sure that they will hold an event somewhere else for his family. People have already started sending money to the fire station he was at to help the family out.

It had a week of really great weather up until last night when it started to rain and get colder. It isn't raining right now but it is getting dark outside and it is only 2:15 pm so I am sure that rain will hit us again real soon. It is suppose to rain all weekend and get down into the 50s F on Sunday, Mother's Day. I guess we won't be doing anything outside.

Val, hope that they dress and heels go great together.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Val - I hope you had fun at the festival and it wasn't too busy and your getting to talk to some of the other students. Where are they from?

Katka - Have you seen this video of a Czesc girl drinking a beer in the most unusual way.

Sarah - Thats so sad about the fireman Do they know what started the fire?

I have been on training for my new job and today was my first day and it was hectic but everyone is really nice and welcoming so I am hoping that I can stay on after my trail period ends.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:03 AM
Master Fan

I just saw that clip too, so creepy lol. My ears hurt jus from looking at it lol.

Katka, I already read on facebook you were going to Pink. Apparently facebook has this translate function (which I just found out lol), which is really nice when trying to read messages from you guys lol.

Sarah, that's really sad to hear about the fireman

I have my running event tonight! Don't really know what to expect, well except from the fact that I have to run 5km lol. But it's been raining so hard here all day, so I'm really hoping the weather will be better tonight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for dry weather, but I guess that won't happen. I just hope it will rain less hard!

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 05-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I have my running event tonight! Don't really know what to expect, well except from the fact that I have to run 5km lol. But it's been raining so hard here all day, so I'm really hoping the weather will be better tonight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for dry weather, but I guess that won't happen. I just hope it will rain less hard!
Best of luck!!!
Katka, how was the concert?
I've just come back from 12 hours at the hospital. Dead.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

My running competition was so much fun! Apparently it's a huge happening in my town, never knew. So crowded and people cheering for you. So much fun. My mom was coming for me, but when I passed the finish line I saw lots of my friends there too so it was pretty cool that they decided to show up to cheer for me as well!

It was funny, because lots of sprinters also participate in the 5km. And we had to run through the city center of my town. 2 of the same rounds of 2.5km. I was almost finished with my first round, when the first few sprinters passed me. They were finished with their 5km even before I had finished my first round lol. But hey, I didn't do that bad. 31.47 minutes for 5.11km. My goal is to get under 30 minutes, but hey I'm just starting out. At least I had fun.

Ps. I ended on place 72 out of 86 woman Well, at least I didn't end up last lol.

Last edited by -Denise-; 05-11-2013 at 11:50 AM
Old 05-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Denise- (View Post)
[/SIZE]My running competition was so much fun! Apparently it's a huge happening in my town, never knew. So crowded and people cheering for you. So much fun. My mom was coming for me, but when I passed the finish line I saw lots of my friends there too so it was pretty cool that they decided to show up to cheer for me as well!

It was funny, because lots of sprinters also participate in the 5km. And we had to run through the city center of my town. 2 of the same rounds of 2.5km. I was almost finished with my first round, when the first few sprinters passed me. They were finished with their 5km even before I had finished my first round lol. But hey, I didn't do that bad. 31.47 minutes for 5.11km. My goal is to get under 30 minutes, but hey I'm just starting out. At least I had fun.

Ps. I ended on place 72 out of 86 woman Well, at least I didn't end up last lol.
You just started a couple of months ago, that is great!! Congrats!!
Old 05-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

Thanks! I just participated for fun, but I'm also a bit proud of course I'm starting my 10km training this week!

Old 05-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Denise- (View Post)
Thanks! I just participated for fun, but I'm also a bit proud of course I'm starting my 10km training this week!
That's cool! I'd like to use the "couch to..." apps more, but I get bored of walking in the middle, so I tend to just run. But I know that'd be the good way of doing it.
Anyone watches Games of Thrones here? It is SO not my show, but some of my friends couldn't shut up about it, so I started to watch and now I can't stop... I hate all the bloody and violent parts, and I can remember like half of the names of the characters. But it's become an addiction.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:06 AM
Master Fan

Denise - you are awesome for taking part in the running event. Who would have thought just a few months back. You go girl

The Pink concert was awesome. She was dancing in the ropes, bungee jamped and was flying all over the place again.lol We had great seats but we thought the sound was too overbassed at the beginning. I´ll post two songs. My favorite at this moment - Just give me a reason and her showstopping number at the end. I read some international reviews before the show and they all mentioned her encore number but I couldn´t really imagine it based on their description. Now I know.lol It was spectacular.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

Sigh. Pink is so awesome. There's no one like her.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, Katka. Those videos are incredible. I'm so sorry she didn't stop in Italy for a show, I'd have tried to go.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Jo, I think that it was a gas leak. I hope that all goes well during the training and that you get to stay on afterwards. Okay, that is just weird and gross.

Denise, I am glad that you had fun at the running competition and that your mom and friends were there to cheer you on. Congrats, I am really proud of you.

Katka, the concert clips are awesome. I really like Pink. She has a lot of really great songs and what I have seen of you concerts, it is amazing what she does. She is fearless.

Had a great Mother's Day yesterday. Went out for dinner, got the 4th Richard Castle book, Season 1 DVDs of Castle and Downton Abbey, and Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella from my younger daughter and from my older daughter I found out that I will be a grandma come the end of the year Not a bad day at all
Old 05-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Master Fan

Sarah - aww, congratulation for the grandma news I don´t remember now, is it your first grandchild?

I had a busy day today as I had to visit two events with my boss on the other side of our country. Spent 7 hours in a car and one hour at the actual events. Happy to be home and relaxing. I´m sad I missed the gym, though.