Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
Nice saturday to you too.
Im sporting a new haircut and color. yay.lol and I´m going out tonight with my hometown friends. I need to get ready.
Ooooh I'm gonna need a picture. Exciting! I have to go to the hairdresser too, next week.
Going out myself, have a nice Saturday night.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 03-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Extreme Fan

I had a spa day today with my mum because one of her friends had to pull out at the last minute. It was very Lorelai and Emily Her other friends were talking about their sex lives over lunch - thank GOODNESS my mum realised that I did not need to hear about hers and kept quiet I drank a lot of wine to cope.

It was an interesting day but I'm glad to be home - I'm exhausted after being pampered!

I hope you're having lots of fun all you people who're out doing fun Saturday night type things! It's just after 9pm and I'm considering bed... i'm pooped!

Have fun everyone!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Cee - Congrats chica! How awesome is that?! So, what's the M15 application process like?

Leah - Wow, there are street parties for that sort of thing? LOL! Glad you're excited about it & I want details!

Denise - No need to apologize, I'm thrilled you're having such a fun time! It's kinda nice to live vicariously through someone. Actually, all you girls having crazy kinds of fun Sat. night! My night consisted of a friend coming over & watching SFU w/ me which ended in both of us sobbing like babies. lol

And for all the choir geeks on here (have no idea if there are any?), I'm excited to be singing Randall Thompson's Alleluia tomorrow cuz I absolutely get chills w/ that piece of music!
Old 03-06-2011, 03:31 AM
Elite Fan

Hi girls!
Cee- it happens to me too, those rare times I've had a spa day, I've always come home exhausted. You go there to relax and come out tired.
Ew about the sex life talks. I couldn't deal with that coming from my mom and her friends.
Jen- no idea what you're going to sing, but happy you like it! Have fun!
I think Chrissi (a poster of the board, she hasn't been around much lately) sings in a choir.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Cee- congrats I got my fingers crossed for you

Denise - I hope your having a good time at carnival, how did the cowgirl outfit go down.

Girls, I have the worst hangover ever, I had a girls night with my two best friends and a couple of cocktails, two bottles of wine, 2 jagerbombs and the stuff I drunk but I was too drunk to remember later and now I woke up suffering. Apparantly last night nothing compares to you came on the cab and I started singing it to my best friend and going " nothing nothing compares to you" and I woke up with mayonaise down my coat but dont remember eating chips. So I am going to go somewhere dark and quiet for a while until I go cinema later

Hope your all having a good weekend
Old 03-07-2011, 03:46 AM
Master Fan

Hello!

Rorystar, I'm sorry about your hangover. How can you go to the cinema with a hangover? The last thing I'd want when being hangover is go to a cinema and have to concentrate on something for at least 1.5 hours.

My cowgirl outfit came out fine. Only people kept laughing at me, cause they felt like I wore a michael jackson hat, instead of a cowboy hat. And when they said that I realized they were right. Well, whatever lol.

And the carnival music is already playing outside again. It's the children's carnival today. They will have their own parade, with their own made floats. Too many children today. So I will stay inside until their parade is over and the kids are home.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 03-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Hello ladies! Jeez am I glad to be home or what?!! I had an AWFUL day at work today! Just rotten! Had to work a 10 hour shift by my lonesome & since it sucked so bad it turned into an 11 1/2 hour shift w/ hardly a break! So many things went wrong I was correcting people's mistakes all day long...got yelled at by my boss right as I walked in to start my shift...was behind the whole day and just couldn't catch up. Grrr, I hate days like this! Going to try & watch a little Gilmore Girls or United States of Tara to perk me up a bit.

Vale - Hmmm, don't think I've ever seen Chrissi post, too bad! And I'm such a sap, I totally teared up while singing it cuz it effected me so much! It's funny, Sunday I let my parents listen to a clip of the piece on YT and I started humming my part along with it & my Dad up & says "Wow, honey, we never knew you had such a beautiful voice!" as if he was implying I had totally sucked all these years! lol

And yes...sex talk w/ the parents? Gross. Don't want to know at all! I heard them once doing the horizontal limbo when I was in high school & I think it scarred me for life! LOL!

Jo - Aww, sorry to hear about your hangover. Been there done that. That is why I don't care to get drunk anymore, I can't STAND the after effects! Haha to your story w/ the mayo though, too funny!

Denise - So happy to hear your outfit was a hit! A Michael Jackson hat, really?! So, you were a preppy cowgirl then. LOL @ keeping your distance from the kiddos, I think I'd be the same way! Now, are you drinking a ton at this thing? I'm assuming, yes if it's anything like Carnivale here or Mardi Gras in New Orleans, but am not sure.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

Jen - Im sorry you had a bad day at work. Gilmore girls is exactly what you need now. Gilmore girls is like a comfrot blanket

And I decided that I love my new hair.lol

Old 03-08-2011, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
Jen - Im sorry you had a bad day at work. Gilmore girls is exactly what you need now. Gilmore girls is like a comfrot blanket

And I decided that I love my new hair.lol
GG is already putting me in a better mood. OH! And a funny thing...we have a Bose dock in my office & my Ipod was on shuffle...and I kid you not 2 songs that played, in quick succession mind you, were U2's "Stuck in a Moment" followed by Fuel's "Bad Day"!

Ahem, pix please!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

After having a rough winter with my husband in the hospital for 3 weeks he is finally doing better. I ended up in the hospital for a couple days with MS issues but I am OK. If they would just could just find a cure... Back to work I went.. I work with a girl that no matter what always has worse problems than anyone else... she is 24.. I hate see what she is going to be like when she is an old lady.. personally I think she needs a man.. Ok I am done rambling now. Hope all is well with everyone
Old 03-08-2011, 05:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry about your bad day Jen, but glad GG came to your rescue And yes we have street parties! Well, not so often but if there's some big thing going on, like a jubilee or royal wedding then they sometimes happen. It's a bit of a retro thing to do these days I think, but I quite like that

Sonia, so sorry to hear about your husband and that you have also been ill. Hope everything is looking up a bit now. And, argh how annoying about the girl you work with!

Great that you like your hair Katka

Hope your hangover is better now Jo.

I'm having such a boring week.

"...we're flavoured coffee brewing losers"
Old 03-08-2011, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

Hi girls.
Sorry about your bad day, Jen, hope today will be better.
Sonia- so sorry about your husband, hope he's better now! And I'm sorry about MS, hope it's not too active a form.

Denise- happy you had fun at the carnival! Today is the last day, right? At least it is here.
I'm kinda pissed today, I wanted to buy a song on iTunes and it's available only in the US store and there's no way to even have it via gift. Stupid geographic limitations.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

I am having the worst day ever, I just wrote a long message here and then the page somehow changed and I lost it all. It is 2.00 and I am waiting for the day to end already I have 2 children potty training by 11.30 I've changed them 4 times. I've said to the parents there not ready but because the parent wants them to do it I have to do it with them so this afternoon I probably will be changing them more. I also have one child who has been crying all day for no real reason and another who won't let me do anything she wants to sit on my knee all the time and I'm so busy I got so much to do and when I leave the room she cries and when I get up to do anything she wraps her arms around my leg, I have tried using stickers and her favourite toy and its not worked. So I have spent most the morning either in the toliets, changing clothes or trying to do work with no success.

Happy Pancake Day, the only thing I am looking forward to is the chef at work cooking pancakes because she's cooking some for the staff too. Is anyone else having pancakes today? I am having some when I get home too, I love chocolate spread on mine. By the way the no coffee for a week only lasted 17 hours, oh well going to try and start next Monday

Denise - With a hangover I pick films which are easy to follows so it's easy to watch with a hangover. I watched adjustment bureau and found it boring and predictable. Best part of the day was the hangover food of pizza hut was so good. Though Mc Donalds breakfast is the ultimate hangover food. A double sausage and egg mc muffin works a treat. Your so lucky to have carnival we have Notting Hill Carnival here but it has a bad reputation but I love it.

Sonja - I am glad you and your husband are feeling better. I hope things look up for both of you.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

rorystar- working with little ones is definately a challenging. I never forced my kids to train... I figured when they were ready I would know. They woke up dry I started training. My second one trained himself, he just didn't want diapers anymore, when he was 2. Are the ones you are training boys or girls? Boys are harder to train.. they don't seem to care.

valeposh-As for my MS it is Secondary Progressive. I was DX with the lowest one in 1998 and in 2010 in went to Secondary.. but I am doing fine. I am still walking and still working and it isn't going to get me down.

I can't give advice on hangovers... I can't drink with the meds I am on and I don't like the taste of alcohol anyway.. last time I got drunk was in 1988 at a party in Germany don't remember if I had a hangover.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

I can't drink either Sonia. It is a bit boring isn't it but you get used to it and it's better than making yourself more ill. I do get sympathy drunk sometimes though

I forgot to say before Happy Women's Day

"...we're flavoured coffee brewing losers"