Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Elite Fan

OT Thread #201 - Come share your boring life with us!

Old Thread

Title is ironic but if you don't like it I can change of course.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 03-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

I had a friend over tonight and we were watching Jaws. Lauren is such an inspiration

Old 03-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Tftnt Val!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
I had a friend over tonight and we were watching Jaws. Lauren is such an inspiration
If only she knew the influence she had over her fans! lol

Boring life? No irony there, my life IS boring, but I prefer it that way. The other night while I was bored and on my computer I heard a loud bang on my door...mind you this was at 2am at night...and thought someone was trying to break in. I rushed into my living room armed w/ an umbrella (go ahead laugh, it was all I had available in my bedroom as a weapon...heck, I probably could've done more damage with a pen or pencil LOL) to realize what the source of the noise was. Seems my new apt. complex's tom cat paid my cat a visit on the porch. There's a sliding door and this freakin cat was attacking mine through the inch paned glass! Stupid animals! They were both hissing up a storm and it was all I could do to try & distract my cat from the vicious beast! Okay...boring story, but it was a brief bit of excitement in my boring little life. lol

Last edited by Talula78; 03-02-2011 at 01:03 AM
Old 03-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread.

TFTNT Val

Katka- I unfortunately do not like Jaws as a film, I have watched it a few times when it's been on but have never really enjoyed it.

Jen - your nights bored on the Internet sound very similar to mine, it's a shame my IRL life can't be as interesting as my life online. Also my Tom cat has a nemisis Tom cat and there always fighting and onto of that I have a dog who seems to always want to out bark my neighbours dog. It's a animal nightmare.

Today I have my job interview, I had a mock interview last night where she asked some of the most popular interview questions so I feel confident doing the one to one interview it's just the group interview I am worried about now. After the interview I have to get changed and rush back to work as they think that I have gone to the dentist this morning.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Master Fan

I wish my life was boring, or that I would be having a life at all lol. I worked about 70 hours last week. All I wanna do when I`m at home is sit on my couch and watch some series.

I`ve listened to Charlie Sheen calling in on Howard Sterns show this morning and now I know details about his sex life that I never intended to know lol. He`s just crazy. In a non good way.

Good luck with your job interview rorystar.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:46 AM
Master Fan

Hey everyone!

Good luck with your interview Rorystar. You can do it.

And I have my carnival outfit complete I decided to be a cowgirl, but I didn't have a hat just yet. So I just went to the mall and went into every store that sells carnival clothes and went to all the party outfits stores and I didn't like any of the hats. They were just typical, ugly cowboy hats. They don't look good on me and they're just to big. And then I walked into a accessories store and I saw one there! It's a smaller, fashionable one that actually looks good on me. And besides that, I can wear it after carnival. So now I'm completely ready for carnival to begin!

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 03-02-2011, 04:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi everyone, I'm just sitting on the train going to work after my interview and it went well I think there was only 4 of us and we didn't do the group work like I was worried about just one to one interviews we had a talk on the company and during the one to one interviews we had to talk about an attraction. I am not going to find out until the end of next week whether I got it or not so it's a waiting game now.

Denise - your outfit sounds amazing, who doesnt love a cowgirl. Have you got cowboyesque boots to wear and a big belt and you should buy some toy guns and tuck them into your belt and wear a checked shirt.

Ele - I know the feeling this week and last week I come home from work and all I want to do is sleep, all I do each month is count the days until pay day and then I get paid, pay all my bills, have no money again and then wait for payday all over again
Old 03-02-2011, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

Rorystar, I'm glad it went fine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

And yes I've got all of that for my outfit, except the toy gun. You won't see that in the bars anyways, so I didn't buy them. I'm just doubting if I'll wear my jeans shorts or my jeans skirt. I'll just see what will look best.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 03-02-2011, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorystar (View Post)
Ele - I know the feeling this week and last week I come home from work and all I want to do is sleep, all I do each month is count the days until pay day and then I get paid, pay all my bills, have no money again and then wait for payday all over again
I know this feeling so well. And it looks like starting May I have to pay far more for my health insurance, like 1/4 of what I earn. WTF lol. And you cannot not pay it since it`s the law in Germany to have a health insurance. Not that I would like to erase mine but come on, then I have a health insurance but no flat and nothing to eat lol.

And I`m glad your interview went well.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

Hi girls!
Rorystar- glad your interview went well! What kind of job would that be?
Ele- so sorry about your busy days. I didn't know German health system was based on insurance, I thought it was universal health care like here and in France and Canada.
Denise- cowgirl sounds fun!! Won't you freeze with jeans shorts though?
Old 03-02-2011, 06:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I didn't know German health system was based on insurance, I thought it was universal health care like here and in France and Canada.
It is. But it`s still an insurance. So you have to pay for it. Similar to having a car. Who owns a car has to have an insurance here.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Similar to having a car. Who owns a car has to have an insurance here.
Same here for the car, not for the health system. Though I guess part of the taxes go into that.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

Jen, your umbrella story made me giggle! Your poor cat! We have a beautiful tom who visits our garden but my cat Lucy is such a spoilt princess, she hisses at him through the window and scares him away every time like "AND DON'T COME BACK!". I want them to be friends but I doubt that'll happen.

Rorystar, glad your interview went ok. Good luck

Denise your outfit sounds cool Great that you can wear it after too, woop!

Ele sorry about your crazy long days and the health insurance stuff.

I have zero money at the moment either cos I'm waiting for an operation in April and just having to twiddle my thumbs until it's over and I can recover and start trying to find a job. I get a little bit of financial support but it's just enough for like food and essential stuff, and nothing else really. Boring as hell, and I have no idea what the job situation will be like when I'm ready to start looking either. Hopefully it might have improved a bit by then.

But! I have stuck with my German course it's been really hard but I actually enjoy it and I found out yesterday I was only one mark off an A for my oral exam so that was good news.

"...we're flavoured coffee brewing losers"
Old 03-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Master Fan

Heh. Awesome. It`s beyond me how someone can actually try to learn German and enjoy it haha. I think it`s a difficult language, not as difficult as Chinese, but I think it`s enough lol. And all our dialects lol, I can drive 50km and barely understand people.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Val, that is funny that you watched Jaws. I have to admit that Lauren does have an influence on me, too, as to what I watch and read. I was going through the channels Monday night and came across Body Heat with William Hurt and watched it. I have to be in the mood to watch Jaws, but that mood doesn't come very ofter. Next time it is on TV I will have to watch just because Lauren loves it so much. *hangs head*

Jen, that is so funny about your cat. I remember many times like that with my cats through the years. Thank goodness there was a pane of glass between them. Your choice of weapon gave me a Lorelai/Luke flash back lol.

rorystar, glad to hear that the interview is over and that it went well. All that worry about the group thing and you didn't even have to do it. Yikes, I always hate having to wait to find out anything. Well, I hope that the wait isn't too long and that you get it.

I am so sick of Charlie Sheen. It seems like everything you watch they are showing him. I seriously think that I will never watch another thing with him in it. He is on the same never to watch again list as Mel Gibson and several others.

Denise, so glad that you found the perfect hat to complete your carnival outfit. I hope that you have a really great time.

I think that I have the most boring days. I get up, get hubby and kids out the door, usually come on here while I am having lunch, do my house work, run errands when needed, go pick up kids on days I have carpool, cook dinner clean up afterwards and spend the evenings watching TV with the family and go to bed only to wake up the next morning to do it all over again. Well, the family stuff is a bit more interesting than that, talking, helping with homework, playing board or video games, time with hubby after kids go off to bed, etc., but it is pretty much the same stuff every day.

I know about the health insurance. We don't pay anywhere near 1/4 what Steve makes, but they are taking more than usual out of his pay check every week than they used to and our insurance isn't any better than it was before.