Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Guess what? NYC schools are canceled tomorrow because we're supposed to get a blizzard! I SO need a day off.
we got 30 inches sat. and today were forecasted for 24 more inches.....it's freakin nuts! Having a day off is great but so boring when you realize you can't leave your own house!!! lol
Old 02-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Wow, that's a lot of snow!

I've actually been out and about all day, despite the fact that we're in the middle of a blizzard. This morning I picked up a ticket for the matinee of Time Stands Still (I love me some Laura Linney, and Alicia Silverstone isn't bad, either). Then I went to the laundromat and did laundry (me dragging my laundry cart through the snow was quite a sight). And I took a walk through Central Park. I'm heading out later to the Broadway show, and then I'm going to a Cirque de Soleil event...it seems like I can't stay out of the snow! When I get a day off, I take advantage of it. This NEVER happens in NYC!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I've actually been out and about all day, despite the fact that we're in the middle of a blizzard. This morning I picked up a ticket for the matinee of Time Stands Still (I love me some Laura Linney, and Alicia Silverstone isn't bad, either). Then I went to the laundromat and did laundry (me dragging my laundry cart through the snow was quite a sight). And I took a walk through Central Park. I'm heading out later to the Broadway show, and then I'm going to a Cirque de Soleil event...it seems like I can't stay out of the snow! When I get a day off, I take advantage of it. This NEVER happens in NYC!
Wow. Sounds like the perfect day, Claire!! I'd love to see Cirque du Soleil as well. They were in Turin a couple of years ago but I had another event I was supposed to go.
I can't even imagine how beatiful Central Park under the snow is!!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 02-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Claire, your snow day is 1000x's cooler than mine.

Aaaaand . . . I just saw the "Lauren Graham's heart is a-twitter" commercial on ABC Family for The Pacifier. Cute!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Oh man that sounds perfect!

Quote:
That's so cool you sent her a Glee package, Denise!! And now, Shan, I wanna know what was in it.
I'll let Shannon tell you what it was. Just in case it wasn't my present

Girls, it's Carnival on Friday and I still don't have an outfit!! I have some ideas, but I have to go to the mall tomorrow and see if I can find any of those options. In my head it sounds and looks pretty cool. So let's hope I can find it all.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 02-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Girls, it's Carnival on Friday and I still don't have an outfit!! I have some ideas, but I have to go to the mall tomorrow and see if I can find any of those options. In my head it sounds and looks pretty cool. So let's hope I can find it all.
What are your ideas?
My idea is that I hate Carnival. Always have.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
What are your ideas?
My idea is that I hate Carnival. Always have.
Haha, well I was born in the south of Holland and always lived there. So I grew up loving Carnival. In Holland only the south celebrates it. The north hates it lol.

Okay my ideas:
- I have this checkered male boxershort. I wanna wear a white blouse or tanktop on top of it. And then add a tie (tied together pretty low). So I will look kind of like a school girl or like someone from Gossip Girl. Only with an edge of course (the male boxershort worn with fishnet tights and stuff).
- My other idea was to buy those really wrong short sport pants. Add an oversized t-shirt to that. Then wear a headband around my head and add a stopwatch as a necklace. To be kind of like an 80's sports teacher.
- And my last idea was to wear my dungarees (only I have it in a skirt). Find a nerdy checkered shirt to wear underneath that. Add huge nerd glasses and then wear low shoes with high sport socks. To be a nerd.

But I'm not sure what I'll find in the mall. I'll just see what's in the stores and then I will see with what idea I'll go.

Hayley, have you read the message on the Gilmore Girls website that stole your stuff? Ugh. Still claiming that they didn't steal anything from you.

Last edited by -Denise-; 02-10-2010 at 01:25 PM
Old 02-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Extreme Fan

What is Carnival? Does it have a theme?

You all sound like you've been having good times and snow days I don't seem to have been around for a wee while here

To be honest (and this is really sad ) I wasn't feeling too well the other day - maybe yest and I fell asleep and had a horrible Lauren dream; I don't even want to go into it but Shan and Vale were there too and it was upsetting and I've been in a weird funk ever since! How strange is that!

Someone needs to snap me out of it!!!

I did my first interviews for my dissertation today - 25 mins each and I need to transcribe them in the morning It's gonna take FOREVER!!! Then I have 28 more to do!!! Dammit!

Claire - I love Laura Linney, she's awesome. I was watching The Nanny Diaries the other day and her character in that is SO like my old boss!!! In looks and attitude! I couldn't believe it when I watched

In fact, didn't Lauren mention that she loves the movie You Can Count on Me that Laura was in?! *goes to find* I know what i'm watching tonight
Old 02-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Shan and Vale were there too
What what what?? Now I wanna know.

Denise- if I had to wear like someone, I'd dress like someone from Glee, like Rachel or Emma, lol. But I guess only US people would understand it.
Good luck in finding the right clothes!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
What is Carnival? Does it have a theme?
You don't know what Carnival is? I was actually thinking that you would love it. I'm sure it has a different meaning in each country. What it comes down to for us (the young people) is that we dress up and party for 5 nights in a row (although I will only be able to go 3 nights). For a lot of people it means that they get drunk, wake up, drink their hangover away and end up drunk again! It's kind of like Halloween, only 5 nights of it.
And the fun thing is that all of the cities in the south have a different name during the Carnival. They even change the city board you see when you enter our city!

Old 02-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Total Fan

Quote:

were under a state of emergency so every establishment is CLOSED

In a few hours I'll be digging out my car for the second time.

My uncle took this pic out front of his house - it is pretty though.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Extreme Fan

What?!!! That sounds awesome!!! I'm getting old though - I'll throw up if i'm on the juice two nights in a row never mind five! I wish I could drink like a normal person and not as though it's my last day on earth

Quote:
What what what?? Now I wanna know.
OK - I feel really weird writing negative/sad stuff about Lauren hence the tags - it was just a dream, don't read it if you don't want to.
Spoiler:

The snow looks amazing!!! I hope you stay safe and warm though - I just read about a massive pile up in Philly so keep safe if you go out in your car
Old 02-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

Guess where is it snowing again? yep, Prague. We have a snow for one month stright. And we are supposed to get 40cm of new snow till the weekend. Im soo sick of it already. And I wanna day off because of it too!!!lol Denise - I fear that we´ll be still covered in snow when you come to visit.lol

And I did good on the english exam, got 92%.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Total Fan

I'm dreaming about sun, sand, and frozen daiquiri's LOL
Old 02-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Katka, congrats on the great test But, you know, since you practice every evening by talking here and such it really isn't a surprise, lol.

I'm sick of the snow, too. Ugh.