Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Passionate Fan

Denise, you need another example for having fun on your own? I´ve been to the Pink concert alone. I had so much fun. All the way to the town I heard music real loud in the car and sang along, in the concert I sang along and after the concert all the way home I sang along. I had a GREAT evening.

avi by lore_85
Old 09-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Addicted Fan

denise: wow,you can read my mind cause that's a problem i've got too.i so want to make my dreams come true but something always stops me from doing that.it's not my family i think it's myself ?!does that make any sense?my mom and dad said they'd support me on my studying things etc which is nice. they won't support me on my dream of visiting LA next year. i have to manage it myself they told me.that's a thing i can totally understand. but what still makes me a bit angry is that i wasn't able to spend a year in the states even though i was a really good student....all this talk about wasting time...which is why i avoid conversation about the w&t idea...but hey i'm 18 so who cares?it's not that easy cause i still live at home and i don't want to start a fight or something.

last month my friends and i talked about future plans and someone said "where do you see us in 10 years?" another one said "i think chrissi's def. going to study in the states or maybe living there...she's so going to make it!" i couldn't stop smiling cause it's been the first time someone said this

mel wow!that's really nice. i'm still ot so sure if my friend's really coming with me to LA because of the money.i know she wants to and she's working hard for the money...but somehow i'm thinking i'm standing there all alone next summer...we'll see (i hate that i'm a pessimist)

icon by *Nora*
Old 09-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

yeah, ITA Val My parents supported my trip to USA as well, I could never go there without their help. They supperted me even when my mom couldn´t sleep for the first week when I was in USA. She seriously couldn´t sleep because all of sudden her only daughter was on the opposite side of world without job and without place to stay. But then we found a new work in Florida and were stable and my mom was ok. and she made me to send her at least one sms per day

Old 09-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

...I just hate that I'm gonna make them spend so much money... apart from the travel itself, medicine is an expensive choice as it is (taxes, books, and so on), and that USMLE exam I told you about, the one to practise in the US, costs a lot of money... step 1 around 600 euros, the others more, aroun 1,000 each...
It's not that we have money issues- quite the contrary, but I hate that for something that is just mine I can't contribute much with my own money. I'd like to be able to put more money away and pay for stuff myself. But I know I won't be able to, because I have classes everyday and hospital training, and weekends I usually study. So basically I've made some money (around 1,000 euros) by giving private lessons of Latin, English and Biology. But it's not gonna be enough.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 09-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

yeah, I get that Val. Luckily I had part time job at that time so I could pay for part of it. but I wouldn´t be able to pay for it alone. We are lucky to have a great parents

Old 09-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

[quote]Ok, would it be weird if we set up a meeting and organized a NY trip between us? Because that's my problem too: I have the money for the ticket and my parents would help me on the accomodation (I wanted to pay everything on my own but studying full-time I can't get a job), but my friends aren't too sure whether they'd come with me. So, let's make a group and go! [/quoute]
lol I'm all for it!

Well I'm going to try to change my lifestyle a bit and take more chances, so I would look back when I'm old and have so much what if's you know.

Chrissi: My parents pay for my education too. Well I can chose 1 major and if when I finish that one decide to continue studying and chose another major, then I have to pay for it myself. But that probably won't happen so they pay my school to, but my traveling I have to pay for myself too.

Val: Isn't it aweful how much it all costs. My school is so expansive too. I have a part time job, but my school is so expansive that I would also never be able to pay my parents back with that. My parents also don't have money problems or so and can pay for my education, but I somehow know how you feel. I don't even have to pay anything for living with my parents. I sometimes feel like I should do something you know. But my parents don't want it. So I'll just buy my mom a cup of coffee sometimes you know. That kind of stuff

Maybe I'll go to the cinema this week I mean we don't have a cinema in my town and the 2 I always went to are now closed (haven't been at the cinema for years) and the other one close to here, well I don't know where that is But I have school this week again and on my way to school I pass a cinema so I'll check if they play EA or BISS there and if they do I'll go. Step 1 of my indepedency!

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 09-02-2007, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

Denise- You go girl!!
Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Step 1 of my indepedency!
Denise - Go, go, go girl!

avi by lore_85
Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Master Fan

wow, girls, my all schools were for free my parents only paid for my dorm. but we have different school system than i.e. USA. If you have to pay for school in czech rep. it kinda means that you are stupid cos you weren´t smart enough to go to state school. Private school are the worst cos they don´t look how smart you are, they take anybody who can pay. But at state school you have to know something to get there, and they are for free

Old 09-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

It's similar here Katka, State Universities are usually better and private ones are places where you basically pay to go on.
But beig a statal thing there's a tax, which is way lower than any US college, around 1,500 euros/year, but then there's books (med books have lots of pictures in them, so the lowest is around 80 euros. My last purchase was 300 euros.), and then travelling, since I go every day by train.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

That's great Katka! Here schools are 1500euros a year. Only school money. But books aren't included Well high school was way cheaper, but this is what you pay for college.

Ughh Tuesday school till 3, wednesday and thursday off and friday school till 3 and the movie starts at 2 Well maybe I'll find that one cinema close to my town and go there wednesday or thursday

ETA: Val; I see Italy and Holland are the same on schools The last books purchase of mine was also 300euros

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel

Last edited by -Denise-; 09-02-2007 at 08:53 AM
Old 09-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

...ok, so we're all set right? If our friends don't want to/can't come with us, we'll make a CIP group and... off to NY!!
Old 09-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Hey

Thanks for the thread.I´m just stopping by....I´m still not done
And since we have this title:

YouTube - The Ellen DeGeneres Show: International Promo Session

Sorry-the quality sucks.....but Ellen just made my break more enjoyable

Bye

T.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I´m still not done
Oh no!
Thanks for the clip Taschka. I love Ellen.

Have a nice evening everyone

avi by lore_85

Last edited by l.a.thunder; 09-02-2007 at 09:48 AM
Old 09-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Good morning

I just noticed that after I had stopped by yesterday the thread died-like immediately
Looks like I really have powers.....

Anyway-See ya later

T.