Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

OT Thread # 113 ~ We want to travel all around the world!

Continue here!

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 09-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread Denise!!
I like the title!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 09-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the new thread Denise. I like the title. So true.

avi by lore_85
Old 09-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

thanks for new thread. and the title is so true. I LOVE traveling

Old 09-02-2007, 08:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I LOVE traveling
Me too. And the best thing is, that I always felt like home everywhere I´ve been, except NY.

avi by lore_85
Old 09-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

I've never been in NY. I just feel like... I belong there. I don't know. Maybe I'll flee home as soon as I set foot in the city, but I don't think so. There's just something that charms me.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.a.thunder (View Post)
Me too. And the best thing is, that I always felt like home everywhere I´ve been, except NY.
My problem is that usually I don´t have anybody to go with my friends either aren´t interested in traveling or they don´t want spend money on it

you don´t like NY? I was amazed, it´s such a crazy city. When I was in the Time square for the first time my inner thoughts were "run, Katka, run" I came from lazy Florida town to the centre of NY and it was shock but I fell in love with it with time

Old 09-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I've never been in NY. I just feel like... I belong there. I don't know. Maybe I'll flee home as soon as I set foot in the city, but I don't think so. There's just something that charms me.
That´s exactly the feeling I had my whole life about LA. And like I said, the minute I put my foot on the ground, I had this strong feeling "I´m home. Finally". I have no idea if I could really live there for the rest of my life, because there are so many things I don´t like about the USA (politically). To be on vacation or to have a real life are two different things. But I would love to find out.

Quote:
you don´t like NY?
Nope. But I would go there again and try to become friends with it. Like I said, I wasn´t ready for the big city. I´m sure I would like it now.

avi by lore_85
Old 09-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Addicted Fan

thanks for the new thread.like the title

i also looove travelling
i hate to spend money on clothes cause i'm always saving it for my travels to other countries
it's hard to find someone who'd like to visit the same country/city like you. either they're not interested or don't have enough money

the feeling of beeing home is unbelievable!i felt beeing home when i went to the US a few years ago...i loved all about it and never wanted to go back

itchy feet (i think that's "fernweh?"but maybe i'm wrong) every day

icon by *Nora*
Old 09-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Val, I'm so with you on that. It's my ultimate dream too.

Because of all this talk here I've started thinking so much. And all that in 2 hours And the conclusion is, the way I am now, my dreams will never come true. Like when I was searching for those au-pair thingies and work and travel programs for next summer, I was thinking but then I have to quit my job, cause they won't let me go for 2/3 months. I'm way too safe on those kind of things. So what I have to quit my job then? I will follow my dream this way.
And my ultimate dream is to live in the states. NY. But when I tell people I wanna live in NY, they tell me I'm crazy, it won't happen it's just a silly dream and that kind of stuff. And that makes me rethink it too and stuff. Do I wanna leave everything here all behind to live there? Well the answer is yes, but me being me, I'm thinking then what that'll do to other people. My family won't like to see me leave to the other side of the world and won't like the idea they won't see mee as much as they do now, but do I have to respect those feelings all the time and not live my dream because of that?
But I think when I'm 80 years old I still haven't lived in the states and look back at my life and feel like it wasn't complete and feel like I had to live my dreams more. Not play it on the safe side so much like I do now.
And it's not just with my living in the states thing. It's with more things. I play to way to much on the safe side. And I'm gonna change that now. I won't listen to much to other people anymore, what they think of me and my ideas. I'll do what I like and I wanna do and don't care what they say too much anymore. It prevents me from doing things I like because they say it's stupid for example. So I don't do it because I will look stupid you know. So what I look stupid? If I like it.
Just a very simple example: I wanted to see Evan Almighty in cinemas, but couldn't find anyone at first, so I wanted to go alone. 3 people told me that was stupid. Who goes to the cinema alone? And so I still didn't go. But who cares if I look stupid if I sit alone in a cinema, if that's what I want?
Yess I'm gonna change my life a bit more

Seriously I'm in a full ranting mood and I'm sorry for that. I just emailed my friend a huuugee rant about friends too I don't know what's gotten into me today. I just needed to express my feelings or so Sorry for that

Quote:
it's hard to find someone who'd like to visit the same country/city like you. either they're not interested or don't have enough money
SO TRUE! I still haven't found someone who wants to come with me.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 09-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh I´m lucky. I traveled with my best friend. We always wanted to go to the same place on the same time. Except once. She wanted to go to canada and I didn´t. We ended in canada. I´m such a good friend.

Go Denise! You have to make your own decisions. That´s life.
And BTW: what is stupid about going to the cinema alone? I do that all the time if nobody wants to join me.

avi by lore_85

Last edited by l.a.thunder; 09-02-2007 at 08:51 AM
Old 09-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

...Ok, would it be weird if we set up a meeting and organized a NY trip between us? Because that's my problem too: I have the money for the ticket and my parents would help me on the accomodation (I wanted to pay everything on my own but studying full-time I can't get a job), but my friends aren't too sure whether they'd come with me. So, let's make a group and go!

Denise: I know how you feel. I'm like you in many ways... I don't want to leave med school for too long a period, even if it'd be for an internship in a US hospital. In the end I'll do it, because when you get the chance, it's stupid not to take it. But I'll still be worried...
About your family: I think all families in the end are alike and want the best for their kids. So, I now my parents and my brother will miss me, and I know I'll miss them as well, but my mum always tells me that she just wants to know I'm happy. So if NY is what makes me happy, then they'll help me any way they can with it. And I think all parents are alike in this.
And I absolutely agree with you, I don't want to look back at my life and think "what could have been??". I want to seize every chance life gives me.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

yeah, go Denise go and yeah, you can make smaller steps at the beginning, like going to cinema aloneThat won´t hurt you, you know. I don´t go alone that often but if Im in right mood and noone wants to go with me, why not. I remember last year when nobody wanted go with me I bought myself a huge popcorn, sat in the last row and laugh out loud and I really enjoy it and it was perfect evening

Old 09-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
About your family: I think all families in the end are alike and want the best for their kids. So, I now my parents and my brother will miss me, and I know I'll miss them as well, but my mum always tells me that she just wants to know I'm happy. So if NY is what makes me happy, then they'll help me any way they can with it. And I think all parents are alike in this.
Val

avi by lore_85
Old 09-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Mel!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread