Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2018, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

Ele - still watching the World cup? Everybody is going crazy for soccer in Croatia, so that´s been fun, to get some of the atmosphere, since nothing is happening here. They have huge tv screens in like all the restaurants in Croatia and evening walk along the sea was always fun, lots of turists mixed together, like big World cup happenig. Surprisingly there was lots of Sweden fans there too.lol It will be ages before I get the croatia´s soccer song out of my head.lol
Lots of favorites is out, I guess I will root for Croatia till the end, and I always root for England too.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
Ele - still watching the World cup? Everybody is going crazy for soccer in Croatia, so that´s been fun, to get some of the atmosphere, since nothing is happening here. They have huge tv screens in like all the restaurants in Croatia and evening walk along the sea was always fun, lots of turists mixed together, like big World cup happenig. Surprisingly there was lots of Sweden fans there too.lol It will be ages before I get the croatia´s soccer song out of my head.lol
Lots of favorites is out, I guess I will root for Croatia till the end, and I always root for England too.
Sure I love watching football. The German team so deserved to miss the 2nd round.
I said France will win the world cup before the WC happened so I will stand with France.

And I have listened to Mae's podcast. I wished they would have talked more about Lauren, they only mentioned her once.

I went to German Comic Con last weekend. I have been going there for the past three years and it has become a nice tradition. I just love that it's such a geeky weekend. I met Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) from Star Trek, I admired her since I was a teenager so it was really cool to talk to her.

Nikolaj Coster Waldau was there too (Jamie from Game of Thrones). God, he's such a hottie.
Old 07-07-2018, 03:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

Hope everyone has a great weekend
Old 07-07-2018, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

My weekend is going well so far. My mom is visiting and we're having a good time.

I was glad that both Croatia and England won, and it's hard to pick one now that they'll be playing against each other, but I'll root for England. Right now I've got Wimbledon and World Cup to watch. We went to a bar/cafe today that was showing both events on giant TV screens right next to each other, and it was wonderful.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey everyone,

My weekend is going well so far my dad has chemo next week so it will be a stressful week for him. And one of my Best friends has a hard time. He has a family situation and asked me to let him alone for a while. Which isn't really good because he always talks about everything with me.. But I guess I should give him his time. He'll tell me what happened when he is back in town he said.. But it's hard when you are one of the people who just want to be there for a friend.

Well anyway I have a day off today and have to babysit my nephew. And I also started a How I met your mother Re-watch which means I definitely need a new Show. I can't wait to see Peter and Mae again on my TV
Old 07-08-2018, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

Hi all! I'm back from my vacation.

I spent 8 days in London, 5 days in Berlin, and then another 4 days back in London, and came home this morning.

It was a lot of fun but I'm worn out. And my kitties missed me.

There was definitely a lot of soccer/football watching happening. When I was in Germany, I was staying with a Belgian friend and she was very happy when they beat Japan.

Saturday night I was at a big music festival in London and people were complaining before the festival that the England game wasn't going to be shown. It's a music festival, they don't need to show the football. But people were happy that England won.

I saw so much stuff, that it's all kind of a blur. It was fun to go to a new place (Germany) that I'd never been to before. Although the weather in both Berlin and London was too hot for my liking.

Hope all is ok here. Still trying to catch up.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

Welcome back, Christine!

Kathi, I hope you had a good day with your nephew!
Old 07-09-2018, 05:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Welcome back, Christine!

Kathi, I hope you had a good day with your nephew!
Yes it was really nice to have Him. Especially because he sleeps so much better when he's with Me and every time I send my Sis a Picture of Him sleeping she just sends a Text "great, are you free tomorrow?" that's always fun
Old 07-10-2018, 10:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Update! My Tuesday was the weirdest day ever

I woke up and helped my dad getting ready for the chemo. We waited forhis Driver and then he left and I went to work.

I got a call from my sister At my lunch break that dad is back in the hospital and she will bring him clothes.

At 3pm my work was over so I thought I could drive to the hospital to see my Father.

Then my sister called and asked me to come to her apartment. I thought OK.

When I got there she was standing in the door with my nephew asked me how my day was and said "sit down" I wasn't sure what she wanted so I thought I should babysit but noooo

She gave me my nephew and said. "dad fell asleep"

I was like oh that's good for him he had a hard night. But she meant he died..
Old 07-11-2018, 02:48 AM
Master Fan

oh, Kathi, Im so so sorry. That was so unexpected and fast. I´m glad you and your sister have each other. Stay strong

Old 07-11-2018, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

I'm so sorry, Kathi. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

I'm sorry for your Kathi.

Sending thoughts to you and your family.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey Guys, thanks for your kind Words. It's a hard time right now for me.. My Sister makes all the stuff for dads Funeral. I am looking for a new Place.. My Grandmother is coming on Monday.. I am so tired of everything. And I am not in the mood for my Birthday which is on Monday..
Old 07-13-2018, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

Kathi, I can't imagine what it's like to have to deal with that; I'm sorry. I'm glad your sister is there and that your grandmother is coming so you can all support each other, and I hope you can find comfort in each other.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Kathi, I can't imagine what it's like to have to deal with that; I'm sorry. I'm glad your sister is there and that your grandmother is coming so you can all support each other, and I hope you can find comfort in each other.
And the sad thing is that it's not the first time that I'm going through this loosing a Parent Thing.. It should make it easier but it doesn't
Closed Thread   Post New Thread