Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Let me start by saying that Lauren looked absolutely BEAUTIFUL in every single scene tonight.

I'm not going to comment on the episode until I watch it again. I had to tape it while watching because I kept switching back and forth for American Idol. Will comment after I see it entirely. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Loyal Fan

The real atrocity of tonight's episode is that Lorelai did not let Michel take off his shirt. Come on, Lorelai, Michel is hot!

A couple of questions. If Sookie's not working, how can they afford a nanny? And if they're paying the babysitter on Jackson's salary, why is there a babysitter there when Sookie is at home? And most importantly, why in the hell was it Tobin?? Why is he back? Does the actor have something on ASP? Good grief, go away!

There's no way the baby would have been stuck under that bed. And there's no way Michel or Lorelai would not have fit under there to get him. I feel sorry for Davey for having rolled all that way.

Did the historical society people serve any purpose at all? I did love Lauren's reaction, though, when the strange people suddenly walked up behind her on her parent's front step.

And I was amused by Lorelai brushing the crumbs under the sink. That seemed like something she would do.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:12 AM
Ultimate Fan

I actually liked it. It was calm.. the episode was written by a new writer to the show.. I think he captured the emotions and made subtle hints to how some characters are and what will be with these characters in the future. My only complaint to this writer is to quit the overuse of the same joke. Keep the quirky antics down.. rolling a baby under the bed really isn't funny, even though Michel made me laugh. I do love how he wrote Lorelai. And Jason was spot on.

Can I start with Jason and Lorelai? You know, I like this couple. They are so awkward yet they like each other so they try so hard to make things work. They need to work on the chemistry.. though it's totally in Jason's character. The guy is distant, maybe a bit on the cold side, proper, everything has its place.. yet he knows what a person wants. I'll give Jason some credit.. he's totally into Lorelai and sincerely only wants to be with her. But I can say right now this relationship will never work down the road.

First off.. no guy makes Lorelai sleep in another room! It was a bit rude and I don't recommend any guy doing this, especially if the girl looks like Lauren Graham! I do understand his insominia and trouble sleeping.. though it is proven that having a partner in bed helps you sleep. I understand Lorelai's put off attitude and offense, I'd be offended too. She was skeptical, but when she realized he really wanted her there she gave it a chance.

The colors and lighting in his house really screams. The modern, cold, stainless steel look, black and grey. And the guest room where Lorelai slept.. being warm, golden colors, big bed with the fluffy pillows, extravagents galore. He's a very, "this is my place, this is your place" kind of guy. In the long run, Lorelai may find herself lonely even though he's around all the time. He uses his money and material things in exchange for affection. Notice he is quick to give Lorelai everything.. yet he gives her a small kiss before going to bed and sleeps alone.

Lorelai walking around that guest room and pampering herself says something too. I don't think she was 'impressed' by the material things since she's grown up with them.. but I do think she missed the luxury in a way. I think once the excitement of this luxury dies down and she has to face Jason.. the relationship is in trouble. When Lorelai says she doesn't like Emily and Richard's world.. it's the prim and proper ways of their world she doesn't like. But the luxuries is something she grew up with and is used too and probably still wants. Judging by her clothes, she still in some way, has the mindset of someone living in Emily and Richard's world. Have I confused anyone yet?

His dog is what concerns me. Yes, it's a cute dog. Though we've all been around dogs.. they don't act like that unless it's out of fear. Even well trained, behaved dogs are lovingly towards their owner. The dog doesn't even greet Jason when Jason comes into a room. The dog didn't want the bacon? How you care for your pet is a good indication of how he treats personal relationships. Soon enough, Lorelai will be just like that.. just there to make Jason look good.

Of course, the writers can turn on this at any given moment.

Was Lorelai wrong to take Jason's explanation so easily about taking another woman to a charity function? Are we touching upon Rory-ism, the girl with no backbone? If it was later in the relationship, I would say yes. But beginning of relationships are always about compromising, letting your partner off easily and giving the benefit of the doubt. I did believe his explanation.. although he could be a man and just say he's single instead of bringing arm candy! And this is Lorelai, she has a backbone like no other. I have confidence that if Jason ever tries to play games, Lorelai will run him over.

Michel and the babysitting. Would Sookie allow this? I know she's anxious to get out of the house and do things that don't involve her baby.. I feel the exact same way.. though I would never leave my babies with someone who obviously has no experience with children. Also, Sookie and Jackson are first time parents.. meaning they would be more skeptical about leaving Davey with anyone in the first place! Lorelai was home when Michel was babysitting.. you'd think Sookie would have asked her to begin with. It's the most logical choice for Sookie.

Even though it was funny and I had a laugh, no two month old baby would want or like to be play Baby Crepes. Nor would he fall asleep after being rolled under the bed. He would cry and cry and cry and Michel would be even more freaked. And that two month old is huge! I'm talking a baby that size is anywhere from 5-9 months old!

I did enjoy the talk Lorelai and Michel had. They really are friends despite their differences and personalities.

Paris/Rory/Professor.. There's an ick factor, but I'll see where they take us with this. I understand Paris's need to talk to someone. This is new, and I'm sure the weirdness factor has dawned on her and is dying to talk to anyone who can put their input in. I can see why Rory didn't want to discuss it. She's uncomfortable by the relationship, she's mad about having to cover for Paris, and she has to sort her own feelings before talking to Paris.

I loved how Lorelai was guessing the age, "45, 46, 47, 47 and a half!" Rory never mentions Asher Flemming's name.. she just says he went to school with Richard. I don't know if that means anything or the writer didn't feel any need to put that in. They need more mother/daughter conversations.

The historical society thing was funny. The expression on Lorelai's face when those people were standing behind her was hilarious!

I love that the Inn is moving along.

Lane working at Luke's is going to be a riot! I'm so looking forward to their scenes together.

Oohh, next week! I'm spoiled. I know what's going to happen. I also know the promo guy blows everything out of super size proportions! I'm happy for some JJ scenes. This episode did lack them. Since the promo didn't really give details to next week, I can't really talk about it. Secret? Nah! I do somewhat feel sorry for Nicole. The only reason Luke is even staying married is because he's to chicken to tell Lorelai his feelings for her!

I believe this episode was to focus more on Lorelai and Jason. The other characters will come. I like it more when they don't try to cram every character into one episode. I loved the last scene with the snow on the ground and Lorelai all bundled up.. mostly because when they filmed that shot it was in the 80's. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Is that it? I think so. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

And Lorelai, let Michel take off his shirt!

Oh, I almost forgot. I laughed so hard when I remembered what tvguide.com said about suggestive language and explicit sexual situations. Were they talking about Lorelai sitting in Jason's bed or kissing or something? 'Cause then tvguide and I have a totally different view on suggestive language and explicit sexual situations are! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I am glad the show is going towards a more adult side than the teenybopper stuff they did last season.

And might I add that Lauren looked beautiful tonight. Her dresses kicked ass! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ya know what really caught my attention? Was the overly excited Sookie and Michel at the end when they met Jason. I can see Sookie being a little happy to meet one of Lorelai's boyfriends.. but that happy? And Michel? He usually never cares about those things. And the way he happily said, "Take your time" when Lorelai excused herself was, well, a bit, "huh?". It was like they were both instantly intrigued by Jason for some reason. I don't know, the scene was just funny how they were acting.

[ 01-21-2004: Message edited ~Kitty ]

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 01-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

I see people are going crazy, discussin the episode.

A few, quick comments.

Aw, Lane works at Luke's now. Yay.

Toben. Was that really necessary?!? I can't stand that character. No, I really can't stand him. He's so annoying I want to eat my own arm during all of his scenes. I can't even talk more about him, other than I want him gone from this show! You hear me Amy? Lose the loser. Like YESTERDAY!

So anyway, except for that, it was nice to see Michel and Sookie again.

Bla bla, lots of Rory, Yale and Paris stuff. I can't be bothered getting more into that, cause the most important parts of the episode were finally Lorelai oriented. Or Lorelai and Jason.

I'm falling for this couple. Like Kitty said, they're awkward but they like each other enough to try and work it out. I agree with this, and it's adorable to watch. They're completely falling for each other.

A few things. Can you please sleep in the guestroom? I swear to [insert choice of higher powers], had a guy asked me to do that after we had just slept together, I would be on my way...out the front door. He really has some nerve, that Jason. The only reason Lorelai gave in, is cause she likes him so much. So apparently she's willing to give him a lot. I was outraged that he could even consider such a thing, though.

The date to the thing. I bet he just took that chick to prove a point to Lorelai. Of course he can go on his own if he really wants that. It might be proper to bring a date, but certainly not mandatory. But he feels like he has to, so Lorelai'll just have to deal with that since she won't tell her parents. I would be pissed too that he didn't tell her beforehand, but now that she knows, it shouldn't be an issue anymore. She was cute when she was mad at him, though. Aww.

So yeah, I like these two and I can't wait to see the development of their relationship.

Where was the sexual situations, though? The warnings were for the few kisses and someone saying words like "slept together" and such things? Whatever. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

I was laughing about the so called 'sexual situations' too!

Kevin's reaction to Lorelai sleeping in the next room.. "You don't sleep on your first night having sex, you have sex the whole night, maybe fall asleep for a few hours and then you have morning sex!"
But it's true. I thought that was kind of off. At least cuddle for a while, make out a bit in bed. If he did that while explaining his insomnia and having to sleep alone, the blow wouldn't have been so hard. Instead of just kicking her out of bed. Which by the way, you never kick someone out that looks like Lorelai. Especially when there are men out there that would give their right arm to have her in bed with them. Eventually Lorelai's going to notice the lack of intimacy. She's not going to care for the wham-bam-thankyou-ma'am kind of treatment for long. She is going to want someone to cuddle with through the night and well, wake up to morning sex sometimes!

But even in the morning. Jason didn't come to greet Lorelai in the bedroom. He went straight downstairs, cooked and waited for her. It was nice that he cooked, but even that will fade in time.

Jason is in trouble.. he can share the physical part of a relationship with Lorelai.. the sex. But he can't share the emotional side. And let's see who she does share a bit of an emotional relationship with?

Luke. Their relationship is everything but the sex. They are emotional with each other, their fights, the good meaningful ones, have lots of passion in them. When Lorelai found out Luke was married, both Lorelai and Luke felt as if they both lost something.

Jason is going to have problems if he can't share emotional intimacy with Lorelai. I know what's going to happen in the next episode. There seems to be a lot of emotions there.. love the way Luke screamed 'Lorelai' when she leaves the diner. The guy still very much cares for Lorelai even through his (failing?) marriage. He doesn't want to let go of Lorelai.. which would explain not telling her something he should have told her. Like when he didn't tell her about Nicole. 'Cause he's afraid Lorelai will be out of his life and he doesn't want to lose her. If they play this right, there could be an emotional scene between the two when Luke apologizes and tries to salvage their friendship.

And last night.. I guess Jason had that business trip the whole hiatus because they seemed to not have gone out since then. I am interested in seeing the future of this relationship. And how it will affect her relationship with Luke.

Old 01-21-2004, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Kitty:
<STRONG>"You don't sleep on your first night having sex, you have sex the whole night, maybe fall asleep for a few hours and then you have morning sex!"</STRONG>
That is *so* true! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Well said, Kevin.

I also agree that it has to be new to Lorelai to be kicked out of bed like that. Cause that's what it was. I'd have to say, she's pretty strong and sure of herself when she still wants to be with him after that one.

Lorelai is also a very intimate, cuddly and touchy feely person. Jason is clearly nothing of the sort. So yes, in that area they're not close enough. He was all weird. It's like, they had sex and that was it. He only shows emotions when she tries to say this won't work or something like that.

Quote:
[]But even in the morning. Jason didn't come to greet Lorelai in the bedroom. He went straight downstairs, cooked and waited for her.
God, it's like they've been married for 20 years. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Heh, with the emotional part being Luke. But that's true as well. She has the emotional part with him and the physical part with Jason.

Bottom line, if Jason wants to keep her, he needs to get a grip and make some changes here and there. Lorelai only lets Chris treat her like dirt and still go back to him. Which, unfortunately for her, means that if she's really falling in love with this dude, she might let him do it too. Come on, Lor. You're stronger than that.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

Kicking Lorelai out of bed was kind of like a form of rejection. I doubt Lorelai has ever been rejected..especially in sex department. I really can't imagine a guy doing that to her.

I can't imagine her ever agreeing to let Jason take someone else to a function.. and I certainly can't see her not getting jealous about that. She's going to regret that decision.

I really want to see Jason's reaction to Luke. To see them meet. Maybe next episode or after that. If he'll catch the vibe between Lorelai and Luke as quickly as Max did.

Old 01-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Master Fan

Okay bear in mind, I'm not a Diglaut...still. Digger hasn't won me over. However, I really enjoy their scenes together (despite their totally passionless kisses, that could have been intentional though). Part of that probably being just that we get to see Lorelai in a relationship, which we haven't seen in a while.

Asking her to leave the bed was just weird, but since weird quirk seems to be the theme of the show now it wasn't a big shock. I liked her reaction. Almost every time Lorelai is forced to deal with an unpleasant revelation in her relationship with men, she chooses to ignore it, go stone faced, and move on. I attribute this stemming from her raising Rory without Chris, it was move on, get over the romance, I have to survive for the both of us. When Digger told her he wanted to sleep alone, she didn't want to talk about it, just get dressed and go home to deal with it on her own.

Did you notice after she asked him about Crystal and he admitted to taking a date, she changed the subject to the stables? She had the exact same reaction when Chris told her he wasn't leaving Sherry: "Drive safe."

You know what would be interesting? Later in the relationship, first she deals with being okay with having a guy over (What Lying Promo guy said would happen this episode), then afteward Jason and she are in her bed, and she asks him just to stay in the bed a while longer and he falls asleep discovering how comfortable he is with her. Maybe the problem is his place, which seemed gray and cold with the exception of the guest room. What if that's a turning point where one of them suggests him moving into her place. If Lorelai does it, Digger might admit he has no intention of moving out of his place. End of relationship? Or if Digger asks to live there, would Lorelai be okay with it and how would Rory deal? Emily and Richard? Luke? Could shake things up between everyone involved.

Dealing with real emotions and consequences, is that possible on Gilmore Girls this season?
Old 01-24-2004, 12:15 AM
Master Fan

I really like the Lorelai and Jason scenes a lot. A lot. Part of the reason is that I have been starved for any good Lorelai scenes after the drought of season 3. I also like Jason's wit and Chris E. and Lauren seem quite natural together. Even...can't type his name...Tobin...argh...in the episode didn't ruin Tuesday night's episode for me, and that was mainly because I enjoyed the J/L scenes so much. The sleeping thing was quirky and possibly rude, but I'm hoping that there was a purpose behind it.

Laugh out loud moment:
Lorelai: So, what are we going to tell people about us?
Jason: How about Yahoo? (His expression was so funny.)
Old 01-24-2004, 01:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I loved that Yahoo! part. I like Jason's humor and wit. His scenes with Lorelai are good and entertaining. His approach to the whole sleeping alone thing could have been done differently, but he had good reason behind it and at the end when Lorelai found that he was being truthful, she understood and dealt with it.

Towards the end of the episode.. Sookie and Michel seemed too overly excited at meeting Jason. I don't know, that scene was just funny to me. Even Michel seemed overly eager. Maybe it was to show us that Lorelai has been talking about him. Now that Sookie and Michel have met Jason.. it'll be all over Stars Hollow!

Old 01-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

I actually liked this episode despite my hatred for Digger.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 01-31-2004, 12:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Episode caps
Old 01-31-2004, 01:39 AM
Master Fan

OOh, thank you Canopus! Awesome as always.

I loved her in this scene after she found out about Jason: cloaked panic. It's all about the eyes.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

I love the look in her eyes in that scene. Lauren is the queen of facial expressions and nonverbal emotions. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Loyal Fan

You guys are welcome. I would've made the caps last week if I hadn't been busy.