Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ellevee

Did anyone else notice Lauren's reaction as they were going into commercial break? Ellen said something and Lauren slams her hand into the left side of her head, exclaiming Oh, no! I'm sorry! Wonder what that was all about...
I did, you can see it in these caps.
It could also be a 'Your kidding me' type face aswell.

Did anyone else notice how much she says 'Like', or was it just me?
there was cheesecake and pork chops everywhere.”
Old 10-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

I noticed this as well and my first reaction was to think that Ellen was asking Lauren about her rats and Lauren was showing her exaspiration by slapping her head. But if she said "oh no, I'm sorry", then maybe Lauren doing her stunt off of the chair was an insurance no no. Ellen seemed surprised and a bit shaken when Lauren climbed on the chair.

Last edited by KiwiKid; 10-02-2004 at 11:26 AM
Old 10-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

i watched the video again and i saw it as well.. i think it was because of her stund.. i mean Ellen seemed terrified with Lauren climbing of the chair.. i was too

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobie27
...Try to write to Global TV and complain about the pre-emption and the doubling up of QEFTSG. I did that with CTV one year when they constantly pre-empted a show I was watching, and they emailed back with the times that it would be back on track along with an apology. [/B]
Did, too and this is the reply...

Quote:
Gilmore Girls will resume the following week where it left off. Gilmore Girls is not a simulcast show, which the Apprentice is. Therefore it is easier to reschedule Gilmore Girls than a show, which we simulcast.
Global will never apologize because they do this all the time, treating GG shabbily programmingwise. Nothing we can do about it but swallow the bitter pill and suffer through it season after season. If GG goes on for the long haul I hope WB picks a better Canadian network that would promote GG better like CTV does to all its imported shows.
Ellevee: Yeah...Well, thank you so much Lauren. You don't know how much this means to me.
Lauren: (Smiles and nods) Bye Ellevee. Take care. Ellevee: Bye Lauren
Avi by Ele
Old 10-02-2004, 02:46 PM
New Fan

When we see Laurren say, "Oh no, I am sorry" is right before the first commercial break, after she talked about her new house and dog. So, I don't think it has anything to do with the stunt unless the editors didn't show the interview in order.

But I have no idea...maybe she was telling Lauren that she is off coffee, and Lauren felt bad because of her own love of coffee.
"Language is a process of free creation; its laws and principles are fixed, but the manner in which the principles of generation are used is free and infinitely varied. Even the interpretation and use of words involves a process of free creation." - Noam Chomsky.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Did anyone else notice how much she says 'Like', or was it just me?
Yeah!!! there were a looot of "like". I think she may have been kind of nervous during the interview; Hence the many "like", "um" "okay"...
But I loved her!!! I was laughing my butt off the whole 12 minutes it lasted(well, my downloaded clip was that length).
Old 10-03-2004, 03:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ok. I will take another stab at guessing why LG would say sorry to Ellen.

Hmmm....

Maybe Lauren's opening bid on the Ellen doll was way too high? Ellen may have wanted her to actually start the bidding at around $50.00 - $100.00. Ya know, keeping it real for the common folk.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Didn't Ellen originally say $5,000 or something, and Lauren responded with $7,500? I need to re-watch but I think that's how it went. Anyhow, Ellen could've been joking with that bid, but those types of celebrity items do go for a bundle when a charity is involved. And yeah, us common folk will never have a chance to even bid when it starts at 5 Gs. . . or 1 G for that matter.

Old 10-03-2004, 04:47 AM
Addicted Fan

I just saw the first and last Ellen interview today. I saw the 2nd one like 3 times on TV, but I just went to a site and watched the others. I love the one when she's talking about how she might have sent Jen Aniston to jail! That was hilarious. And the latest one w/ her kung fu stunt madness was awesome. She's so incredibly hilarious, and I can't wait for the fox family special tomorrow to watch the other funny crazy things she says.
"If it’s not real you can’t hold it in your hand. You can’t feel it with your heart, and I won’t believe it."
Old 10-03-2004, 05:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Angelica, can you post a link to the site you saw the Ellen clips on?

Greatly appreciated.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

hmm i would say the "sorry" to ellen was because the fact that she was off coffee... i dont think it had anything to do with the bid for the doll.. altough i think taht 7,500 was a bit hight bidded i´d love to bid for the doll but heck i dotn have this money

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ellevee

Global will never apologize because they do this all the time, treating GG shabbily programmingwise. Nothing we can do about it but swallow the bitter pill and suffer through it season after season. If GG goes on for the long haul I hope WB picks a better Canadian network that would promote GG better like CTV does to all its imported shows.
I agree Ellevee ! I had the same problem with CTV regarding 7th Heaven years ago. They never aired the finale until 1/2 way thru the summer! Anyway, what Global says is BS IMO. The local CTV station here in NorthWestern Ontario where I live now aired The Apprentice on Thursday night in its regular timeslot, not Wednesday like it aired on NBC. ITA - Global is horrible to great shows like GG and I hope they broadcast on a better, more reliable network next year (like one of the NEWVR / NEWRO / NEWPL stations) I have Bell satellite, so I get to see GG all the time anyway When I lived in S. Ontario I had to rely on Global as well, and it sucked!
Old 10-04-2004, 02:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorelai Obsessed
hmm i would say the "sorry" to ellen was because the fact that she was off coffee... i dont think it had anything to do with the bid for the doll.. altough i think taht 7,500 was a bit hight bidded i´d love to bid for the doll but heck i dotn have this money
I thought Lauren was trying to give an outrageous amount for the bid, just so people would know she wasnt serious. I think "Sorry" or whatever it is could be the coffee thing. Or it could be anything. I'm always so interested to know what talk show people say to their guests during the breaks, especially when they laugh or make funny facials, and you cant hear what they're saying.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Why would lauren have to apologize to Ellen for being off of coffee?

When did Lauren say she was off coffee?

Maybe she was apologizing for something we have no knowledge of?
Something could have happened backstage.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by KiwiKid
Why would lauren have to apologize to Ellen for being off of coffee?
I don't mean she was saying sorry about the coffee thing. Everyone is calling it the Í'm sorry expression, but it could be OMG, why would you stop drinking coffee?! Or something else entirely.

-Ainslie