Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-19-2003, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

LG in other TV shows ~ Yep, there was life before Lorelai!

Lauren's been one busy gal! These are all of the television shows she has starred or guest starred on, before GG of course. The girl has earned her role for sure.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Starring Roles [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

M.Y.O.B. (2000) - Opal Marie Brown - Basic Instinct

M.Y.O.B. (2000) - Opal Marie Brown - French Connection

M.Y.O.B. (2000) - Opal Marie Brown - Boys in the Band

M.Y.O.B. (2000) - Opal Marie Brown - Badseed

5. 1-5 63505 UNAIRED Out of Africa
6. 1-6 UNAIRED Arms Akimbo
7. 1-7 UNAIRED Paper Chase
8. 1-8 UNAIRED Coming to America
-------
Conrad Bloom (1998) - Molly Davenport

1. 1-1 101 21-Sep-1998 Pilot
2. 1-2 105 28-Sep-1998 The Fixer
3. 1-3 102 05-Oct-1998 The Ultimatum
4. 1-4 104 12-Oct-1998 The Rebound Guy
5. 1-5 107 26-Oct-1998 The Unsinkable Conrad Bloom
6. 1-6 108 09-Nov-1998 Gone With the Re-Wind
7. 1-7 109 16-Nov-1998 The Spazz Singer
8. 1-8 106 14-Dec-1998 To Hell in a Handbag
9. 1-9 111 21-Dec-1998 A Bloom with a View
10. 1-10 103 UNAIRED Working Girl
11. 1-11 112 UNAIRED Psycho Babbler Qu'est Que Ce?
12. 1-12 113 UNAIRED How Florie Got Her Groove Back
13. 1-13 115 UNAIRED When Good Relatives Go Bad
14. 1-14 110 UNAIRED The Favor
15. 1-15 114 UNAIRED Dumb and Dummy-er
--------
Townies (1996) - Denise Garibaldi Callahan

1. 1-1 101 18-Sep-1996 Townies
2. 1-2 102 25-Sep-1996 The Good Job
3. 1-3 104 02-Oct-1996 The Kiss
4. 1-4 106 09-Oct-1996 Dead Dogs Wag No Tails
5. 1-5 108 23-Oct-1996 Faith, Hope & Charity
6. 1-6 107 30-Oct-1996 Adventures of Rebound Girl
7. 1-7 109 06-Nov-1996 Things That Go Bump in the Water
8. 1-8 110 13-Nov-1996 It's Go Time
9. 1-9 111 27-Nov-1996 Thanksgiving
10. 1-10 112 04-Dec-1996 I'm With Stupid
11. 1-11 113 UNAIRED Christmas
12. 1-12 103 UNAIRED The Penalty Phase
13. 1-13 105 UNAIRED The Six-Month Itch
14. 1-14 114 UNAIRED Things to Do in Gloucester When You Are Dead
15. 1-15 115 UNAIRED The Life of Ryan
--------
Good Company (1996) - Liz Gibson

1. 1-1 001 04-Mar-1996 10,000 Days
2. 1-2 003 11-Mar-1996 Day 1308: Downsizing
3. 1-3 006 18-Mar-1996 Day 1346: Friendship
4. 1-4 002 08-Apr-1996 Day 1304: Evaluation
5. 1-5 005 15-Apr-1996 Day 1340: Death
6. 1-6 004 UNAIRED Day 1329: Revenge

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Guest Starring Roles [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

NewsRadio - Andrea - French Diplomacy (1997)

NewsRadio - Andrea - Super Karate Monkey Death Car (1997)

NewsRadio - Andrea - The Public Domain (1997)

NewsRadio - Andrea - Planbee (1997)

------
Seinfeld - Valerie - The Millennium (1997)

-------
Law & Order - Lisa Lundquist - Showtime (3) (1997)

Law & Order - Lisa Lundquist - Turnaround (2) (1997)

Law & Order - Lisa Lundquist - D-Girl (1) (1997)

-------
Caroline in the City - Shelly - Caroline and the Younger Man (1) (1996)
[img][/img]
--------
3rd Rock from the Sun - Laurie - Dick's First Birthday (1996)

--------
Caroline in the City - Shelly - Caroline and the Christmas Break (1995)

Caroline in the City - Shelly - Caroline and the Balloon (1995)

Caroline in the City - Shelly - Caroline and the Opera (1995)

Caroline in the City - Shelly - Caroline and the ATM (1995)

Check www.tvtome.com for more info on the episodes. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Chat it up! What have you seen, not seen, wish you've seen, wish you'd never seen? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited alexisfreak2 ]
Old 01-19-2003, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Wowzie wowser! Awesome compilation and organization in that opening post, Alexis! The MYOB talk on the OT thread was made me think a thread like this was needed, I'm so glad you started one. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2003, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

It's funny. When you read it all organized like this, it's so smack in the face obvious how busy she's been. She's done so much, and this is just TV.

So much fun to be able to say that I've seen quite a bit of this.

MYOB: Seen all four aired episodes. And like I said on OT thread. Opal was kinda sad and pathetic, but she's still really, really adorable. All in all a cute show. No really, it was. I could watch more of that, but obviously I'm happy it drowned so we could get her at GG. ASP is happy about that, Lauren's happy about that and we're happy about that. So everyone's happy. I would love to see the unaired episodes as well. So who do I have to sleep with to get a hold of unaired tapes?

Have not seen anything of Conrad Bloom, and I don't really know what it's about either. Obviously I'd love to watch it.

Townies: I've seen most of it, I think. It's a little hard to tell, cause I can't even remember the details of all the eps I've seen. Lauren's really cute in it, and even though the show is rather mediocre it's still cute'ish. Fun to see Molly Ringvald again, too, and Jenna Elfman is really funny.

Never seen Good Company. And like with Conrad Bloom, I don't really know what it's about. That doesn't mean I don't want to watch it, heh.

Seen all the Newsradio episodes she's in. Actaully, I think that's a pretty good show. Lauren's really funny in it. Very jolly, and it's a little creepy the way she's so hung up on being..omg, forgot the name...'s best friend. All in all really funny and she does a great job.

Seinfeld is really funny, and it's so great that she's been in an episode. Her character is a freak (who in the world puts that much work into their speed-dial?), but it's funny. Lauren's doing a great job.

Would love to see Law & Order. Unfortunatly I haven't been so lucky to get a hold of that, yet. Maybe one day. I would love to see her do a more serious character. Or, what I can only assume to be a more serious character.

3rd Rock from the Sun I haven't seen. So I really can't tell how she was on it.

I've seen three of the episodes of Caroline in the City she's in from the first season. Not the Christmas one and not the season 2 opening, or whichever one it was. Like I think I've mentioned before I'm not a huge fan of her on this show. Her voice scared me to death and she was a little too high strung. She definitely had potential, and some of the facial expressions and whatnot that we know and love about her today was there already back then, but there were some things to work on. And I'm glad that has happened. She's really evolved as an actress since then. The show itself is okay.

Yup, that pretty much sums it up, I think. Great thread, Alexis. And what a wonderful start. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited Eliii ]
Old 01-19-2003, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Stacy and Eli!

Heh heh. That is new from lg.net and Jenna's hair makes me laugh. This was not an episode they had on Yahoo. Yahoo! used to have the townies eps available for downloading, but it no longer works. What's funny is they showed some of the episodes that were Unaired, but not some that actually aired. These were the ones I saw on Yahoo: 102 The Good Job, 104 The Kiss, 108 Faith, Hope & Charity, 109 Things That Go Bump in the Water, 110 It's Go Time, 112 I'm With Stupid, 113 UNAIRED Christmas, 105 UNAIRED The Six-Month Itch, 114 UNAIRED Things to Do in Gloucester When You Are Dead

I've seen all of her guest starring stints except Caroline and the Opera which I've been waiting for forever for it to show up in syndication. I couldn't find any caps of her in Caroline and the Younger Man but I've seen it and she had some great lines. "Another alien abduction! Why won't those people leave us alone!?"

You know what was cool. She did that episode which was CITC's Season 2 premiere and it aired on Sept 17th and the series premiere of Townies was the day after, Sept 18th. Nice little crossover action!

I might have to check my tape, but I think I've got these episodes of Good Company - 1-1 10,000 Days, 1-2, Day 1308: Downsizing, 1-3 Day 1346: Friendship, 1-4 Day 1304: Evaluation. She played Liz the copyrighter. It was one of those office comedies and she was part of this 4 person advertising team. Some funny lines I remember are her saying something about a product they were pushing and how it was demeaning to women and the redheaded co-star said "Oh sure, it's always the pretty girls in tight sweaters who say that stuff." and an exchange between them where the redhead says something like "Not all of our daddies suck the fat out of people's asses for a living" and Liz says "Hey, some people need it!" And her and the Jon Tenney character used to date and he's making out her evaluation at work and said something that offended her like "Liz is a good worker but tends to get nervous." and she's like "That's not fair, we were in your shower when I said that."

I've only seen the 4 episodes of MYOB that aired. That I remember watching the summer before GG started. A funny show, sarcastic but I'm glad it went off the air so Lauren was free to do GG.

I've never seen any of Conrad Bloom, but if I tracked back to 1998 I wouldn't doubt that I had it turned on once in a while. I seem to remember a seen with her and Mark Feuerstein in a living room standing in front of a sofa, but I could just be making that up. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Eli, on Third Rock she played a college student who was visiting the college Dick works at. She found him really wise and said she liked older men. He thought that meant she liked him, but at the end of the episode she leaves and her boyfriend comes to pick her up. Dick is like "I thought you liked older men." and she said "I do...he's 29." The laugh she uses is crazy. The fakest laugh ever, but it's hilarious.

She was kind of serious on Law and Order, the most serious line she delivers is to Benjamin Bratt's character "Don't you want to sleep with me?" Another serious line "It's just sex. It doesn't have to go anywhere." He says yes, but he's not divorced, only seperated and they're trying work it out for the kids. She did get to kiss him when she was semi drunk, but later she's got a good line "Well, at least you didn't turn out to be gay." Scott Cohen (Max Medina) was in the same episode...I won't give it away, but he didn't play the good guy.

Newsradio was the absolute funniest. "Arson. And they never caught me!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited alexisfreak2 ]
Old 01-20-2003, 04:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Awesome job putting this thread together!

I've seen most of Lauren's other TV Work, I was actually a fan of MYOB when it was on and watched all the eps, and even started a Katharine Towne website when it was on. That's one of the main reasons I opened Lauren-Graham.net... I started watchign Gilmore girls and remembered how much I loved her on MYOB as well and thought she was so great and deserved a page [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I've seen all the CITC episodes, the Seinfeld One, all the CITC ones, 2 out of the three Law and Order Ones, all the Newsradio ones and most of the Third Rock from the Sun episode. I watched all the Townies episodes that Yahoo put up, but never saw Conrad Bloom or Good Company but I remember sort of when they came out.. vaguely...

I'd love to see anything from them though. That would be so great!
Old 01-20-2003, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by alexisfreak2:
<STRONG> "Arson. And they never caught me!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
That whole scene was fabulous. Love the way she delivered that line. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info on the shows, Alexis. Fake laugh I wanna hear and now I want to see her on L&O even more. And the other shows as well.

Quote:
"That's not fair, we were in your shower when I said that."
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 01-20-2003: Message edited Eliii ]
Old 01-24-2003, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

:whines: Guyyyys, we can't let this thread get all slow. I wanna talk about Lauren in other things than Gilmore. Am I the only one? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2003, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

No, you're not the only one.

Let's see, I've seen all the CITC's, all the Law and Order's, all the NewsRadio's, four of the MYOB's, 5 of the Good Company's, (not when they actually aired, but I tracked down the eps online), the Seinfeld, Third Rock, all the Townies that were on Yahoo. Never seen Conrad Bloom.

My favorite television stint of hers (as I've said so much before ya'll are probably sick of hearing it) is NewsRadio, and to narrow it down even more, the arson scene is by far my favorite Andrea scene. The lines were funny, the facial expressions were awesome, her and Maura played off each other so well - it's just such a great scene. Not to mention, is has a LaurenPout. Can't go wrong when you throw in one of those. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

When I watched the last ep on my MYOB tape, I felt kinda sad - I wished there was some closure with those characters. I mean, Opal was just starting to loosen up, and her and Riley were starting to get closer. It's just weird when then pull a show off so quickly and all of the character's lives are still just kinda like hanging out there. Makes you wonder what would've happened next.

[ 01-24-2003: Message edited Stack ]
Old 01-24-2003, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Hee, the arson scene is probably one of the best scenes ever. It cracks me up every time I watch it. Like you said, humor, facial expressions, Lauren/Maura and yes, with a LaurenPout nothing can go wrong.

I know with MYOB! God I hate when that happens. I was getting all charmed and invested in the show (and roomy, too) and then came the end of the last episode and we just looked at each other, and like..."*****". I need a closure. I need to somehow get my greedy hands on the unaired episodes.
Old 01-25-2003, 01:37 AM
Master Fan

I'm PRO-Townies. I absolutely adore that show and hate that it wasn't given a chance to spread it's wings and prove itself. I have every ep. on tape and really love Lauren's work.
Old 01-25-2003, 09:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

i remembering taping and being so excited about them coming on

ah sweet memories *sigh*
Old 01-25-2003, 11:23 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved Lauren on Townies!! She was also really good on Caroline in the City.

MMS Supporter #27
ESK Supporter #22
ILY Supporter #18
PDA Supporter #21
WYMM Supporter #26
LL Supporter #19
MMMS Supporters #12
Old 02-08-2003, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

Did anyone ever think that Opal would be revealed to be Riley's mother?

[ 02-08-2003: Message edited alexisfreak2 ]
Old 02-09-2003, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

The thought occurred to me, but didn't think it would happen for a while, like maybe as the first season finale or something. It would've made a good cliffhanger, although probably a predictable one. Thank goodness that show didn't last long enough for us to see it!
Old 02-09-2003, 01:26 AM
Elite Fan

Thought I'd pop in since I love Newsradio and CITC.

Quote:
Originally posted by Eliii:
<STRONG>Seen all the Newsradio episodes she's in. Actaully, I think that's a pretty good show. Lauren's really funny in it. Very jolly, and it's a little creepy the way she's so hung up on being..omg, forgot the name...'s best friend. All in all really funny and she does a great job.</STRONG>
Newsradio is one of my favorite shows. I loved when Lauran was on. She did great and was really funny. And the whole 'must be Lisa's best buddy' thing was amusing, which actually makes French Diplomacy my favorite of her appearances, dispite disliking the episode, just because of the Lisa/Andrea interaction in it.

Quote:
Originally posted by alexisfreak2:
<STRONG>I've seen all of her guest starring stints except Caroline and the Opera which I've been waiting for forever for it to show up in syndication. I couldn't find any caps of her in Caroline and the Younger Man but I've seen it and she had some great lines. "Another alien abduction! Why won't those people leave us alone!?"</STRONG>
Heh. That scene cracked me up. I was happy to see her reappear. I wish I had capper since I have that one on tape. ::kicks UPN syndicate:: They took the reruns off the air before I could get the other episodes she appeared in. But I've seen the other episode. Dispite Shelly being really high strung and high pitched, I liked the character. She was quirky and fun.

Quote:
Originally posted by Stack:
<STRONG>the arson scene is by far my favorite Andrea scene. The lines were funny, the facial expressions were awesome, her and Maura played off each other so well - it's just such a great scene.</STRONG>
I loved that scene. It was hilarious. And I gotta agree on Lauren/Maura playing well off each other.

I vaguely remember her other guest appearances, I might even have one of the L&O's on tape somewhere. Same for the other shows she starred in, I remember them, I think I might have even watched Townies and Conrad Bloom a few times. Though unfortunately, I don't remember all that much.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS