Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I came in here to vent. Today there was a rumor going around school that our vice principal's wife died, well it's true and the school never told us - well some teachers told the students but everyone. Well I'm looking for the obituary online and one newspaper has the nerve to make people pay to look at yesterday's obituaries. It makes me mad. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 02-05-2004, 01:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

That's so sad, Cher. Poor guy.

My sucky day seems so pale by comparison now.

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 02-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

I forgot to say that I've dealt with a lot of snow in my life and I've never been skiing.

I've been snow tubing, sledding, and snowmobling but no skiing.

Old 02-06-2004, 07:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

I've cross-country skied.. that's work like you wouldn't believe! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 02-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

I've cross-country skied since I was like two. It's so much fun. :giggle: We've never been much of an alpine skiing family, so to me that's not quite as fun. Besides, I have an injured knee that prevents me from doing it too much.

I can't believe you haven't skied at all, Cher. Since you've been so much in snow, I mean. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I never saw cross-country as the big American kind of skiing, but what do I know? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Did you do that when you were in Germany, Kitty?
Old 02-06-2004, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

Eli- I'm not much of an outdoorsy type person, so I guess that's why I've skiied and my mom has knee/back problems so she doesn't, and my dad is too busy to do anything else. I have back problems too - and not to mention, now I have toe problems so oh well, I'm not crying over it!

I'm sick of snow. Totally sick of it...It's my fifth snow day now and I don't like this at all. Very frickin' week!

Old 02-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, you have back problems? Sweetie, you're much too young for that. It worries me how many young people who have problems with their backs today. I know too many with that. :/

Snow is so incredibly beautiful, but it's such a hassle when you have to go places in it, heh.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I have scolosis in my lower back. I had to wear this brace for 2 years a couple of years ago, it was really painful and annoying because I couldn't sit up with it on.

Old 02-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, that sucks. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] That's something you'll have to deal with for the rest of your life then, isn't it?

At least you have a real back problem then. Eh, not that that's a fun thing, but I mean it's not just having bad musculature due to lazyness and crap like that. I'm of the opinion that a lot of young people have back problems cause they destroy their backs themselves. Not working the muscles in the back, sit wrongly, walk wrongly, bad posture...etc. Obviously not everyone, but I think a lot.

Anyhoo... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Next week we get Alias back. Whee!
Old 02-07-2004, 01:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Sorry to hear about your back Cher [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I know how you feel. My doctor actualy told me I wouldn't be able to play sport again because of my knees when I was 13 and I got majorly depressed but I've since proved him wrong [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I've been on a computer detox since school started back on Monday. It's good to have the weekend.

Alias! I've never watched an entire episode before but yah! all the same [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"Chi trova un amico , trova un tesoro"
Old 02-07-2004, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, that's excellent that you proved him wrong. I had to quit handball when I was about 18 (for the record, not the same handball that's called handball in USA) and it was so depressing. I've dealt with it now, though and just accepted it. Miss it sometimes, though. Maybe I should start swimming or something. That would be better. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

But you have to check out Alias. I'd go into a long ass pimping post, but I'll spare you all the pain. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh serious? What handball do you mean? I get confused with all the different names for sports. I wish there was like some international sport naming code.. or is there? There's football and soccer, which apparently are the same, but for us it's not. Ok I'm just confusing myself.

Is your handball with the tennis ball or the volley ball type thing?
You should take up swimming! I swim now and it'sgood fun, easy on the joints etc. I had to quit netball but I'm starting again next season [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And I will check up on Alias. I think it's showing now..

Ok 1.40am, def. time for bed

"Chi trova un amico , trova un tesoro"
Old 02-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Elite Fan

I get confused too. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

My handball is the, um, standard handball. The one they have in the olympics and stuff like that. It's basically like soccer, but you throw the ball instead of kicking it. Not the same rules of course, but I think that's the closest. Oh! Kinda like basketball, but with soccer goals (only smaller) and more restrictions on where you can run or not.

This kind of handball

It's the best sport in the world, but it's so hard and rough that it kills you. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I think I'm gonna become a Martial Arts expert, heh. After you've watched Alias, you will want that too. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

Cherie: Sorry to hear about your back probelms. *hugs* [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Eli: Don't get me started on how much I want to learn self-defense and stuff like that. I'm going to sign up for a class and my mom was so happy because I'd be able to defend myself. Little does she know it's because I want to be like Syd, get recruited in CIA, and have many hot guys in my life. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CutieKatie:
<STRONG>Little does she know it's because I want to be like Syd, get recruited in CIA, and have many hot guys in my life. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Too funny. But sorta true, heh. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

That's cool that you're signing up for that class. Self-defense is good to know. For now I'm more of a "Dude, Syd has taught me how to do that, so I can do it, um, in theory." Sydney is a good character for women.

[ 02-07-2004: Message edited Eliii ]