Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-03-2004, 12:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

I really have to pay more attention to these Idol shows! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Yay! the Lauren appreciation thread is over here now! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 01-03-2004, 04:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eliii:
[QB]You're so lucky to live in Sydney. Where exactly do you live?

QB]
Lol.. In the North Shore area. It's about 15 mins from the city. Where abouts did you go when you were here? I hope you ventured outside of the city lol. We met this American tourist on the ferry going to Manly a while back and we pretty much forced him to take a trip up to the moutains. Hope he liked it.

And yay for two Lauren threads!

"Chi trova un amico , trova un tesoro"
Old 01-03-2004, 06:04 AM
Elite Fan

First of all, I'm not American, I'm Norwegian.

When we went we stayed with a friend who lived in the North Rocks area at the time, so that's where we stayed. We went into the city as often as possible, though, cause we wanted to see as much as possible of it. We also went up in the Blue Mountains, thouch, which was beautiful. Also a trip out to Bondi Beach to visit another friend, but maybe y'all say that's in the city. What more did we do, Bijal? Featherdale Wildlife park. Not in the city. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Basically we did a lot of things outside the city (I just can't remember it all at the top of my head), so that was really nice. But that was only natural, since we stayed with an Aussie. Not like we're very likely to get too lost then. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2004, 06:28 AM
Extreme Fan

I didn't mean to say you were an American, just saying that lot's of tourists don't venture very far from the city, using the American as an example. He was from Texas *giggle*

I'm about 20-30 mins away from North Rocks. I used to play netball there lol. The Blue Mtns are beautiful.. I've been going there since I was a baby and I've never gotten sick of it. We just bought a house up there in Leura, right near the lolly shop [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I wouldn't say Bondi is in the city, but I guess it depends on the person. I honestly don't see what's so great about Bondi. There are so many other much better and prettier beachs around like Manly and Palmy.
Featherdale [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] many memories attatched to that one.
Glad you got to see the "real" Sydney, hope you enjoyed it. Just out of curiosity, do any of you guys have the perecption that we ride Kangaroos to school? Kinda like I used to think America was full of cowboys, cactus and indians.. shut up. I was 10
I think I'll just shut up myself about Sydney now.

What's everyone doing today/tommorow?

Old 01-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, Blue Mountains was really pretty. We went to see the Three Sisters thingy and then had a trip on our own, ate lunch in the mountains and such. It was great. That's really cool that you guys have bought a house up there.

The actual Bondi Beach was pretty cool. But Bondi as a place wasn't all that much. Just your regular beach town or something, lol. We were horribly hung over the day we were there, though, so maybe that made the mood a little bit more negative. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah, I'm really happy I got to experience the "real" Sydney as well. I really want to go back. It's my favorite city in the world, next to New York City. Sydney is a really beautiful city.

And no, I don't think you ride Kangaroos to school. I didn't think so before I came down there either. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But I get what you mean. I've gotten questions like "Do you guys have TV in Norway?" No, I'm serious. Other technical stuff as well. "You have microwaves in Norway, right?" "Do you have polar bears in the streets?" It's sad.

[ 01-03-2004: Message edited Eliii ]
Old 01-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

When I was living in Germany, I noticed most Americans didn't venture far from the base. It was like they were scared or something. A few went to Frankfurt, but that was it.

I've also noticed that tourists who visit Vegas never leave the strip.

Tourists who come to L.A. never go beyond Hollywood Blvd. or the beach. Do tourists even know that Los Angeles has a desert and mountains with snow? Actually some that live in L.A. never venture farther than the city!

And those who come to San Diego never go further than the beach.

Canada, ok.. In Canada I never went farther than the city. But that was my parents doing!

I'd like to see the Opera House in Sydney. I want to see the outback too.

[ 01-03-2004: Message edited ~Kitty ]

Old 01-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Kitty:
<STRONG>Canada, ok.. In Canada I never went farther than the city.</STRONG>
If you did, you would've seen lots of pet penguins hanging outside of people's igloos. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

I went to the Philippines and when I came back my friends were like "Did you live in a hut? Do they have inside bathrooms(their words)? Did they have electricity? Did they have a TV?" I couldn't belive it. Like I'd gone underground or something! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 01-03-2004: Message edited SamiJoe ]

Lorelai: I...I just don't care anymore. He's the one missing out on something really great. (she looks at RORY)
Josh: Yeah. Two really great things. (LORELAI smiles)
-Before the Beginning
Old 01-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Moochie:

If you did, you would've seen lots of pet penguins hanging outside of people's igloos. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
One big [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. I can't say I've heard that one before. It's so stinking hot, I think I could do with one of those igloos

Old 01-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Moochie:
<STRONG>

If you did, you would've seen lots of pet penguins hanging outside of people's igloos. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Hehe. I want to Prince Edward Island that summer, because my family watched Anne of Green Gables and so yeah - I loved it there...We ventured all around, I slept most of the time we drove through the other parts of Canada but I saw no igloos. What a disapointment!

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 01-03-2004, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

Totally random OT: I just DLed Joss Stone's album. WOW, I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] it. Totally recommend checking it out. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm bored. Anyone around? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2004, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm around! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

SamiJoe, I'd like to see the Philippines sometime. My mom is Filipino/Spanish and I was born there..only lived there for 8 months. My dad was in the Navy.

Old 01-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

Alexis, I've been hearing a lot about Joss Stone for the last few months but since I'm generally not a fan of female singers, I haven't checked her out yet. I also have an issue with her first CD being all covers but that's just me.

Wow, Kitty, you really HAVE lived all over, haven't you!

Cheryl, that's too bad you slept most of the time. I would've met you out on the mainroad and showed you my penguin. My servant polar bear is very friendly as well.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:42 PM
Master Fan

I'm here. [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]

Who is Joss Stone? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

I should get going though...but I still have a few more things to check out before I hit the sack...plus I have to fnd another place to sleep, there is clothing all over my bed -and I'm too lazy to move it!

Steph- Awww...you have a penguin and a polar bear? I'm sorry I missed that. Maybe next time! Just like ya-know I live in Hick-live, I have a bear for a dog.

[ 01-03-2004: Message edited Çherié £u£u ]

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-