Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Banned

I read the summary of that book the other day... Sounds really interesting! I might add it to my to-read list!

I'm reading "Flut" by Wolfgang Hohlbein right now.
The last book I read was "Metamorphosis" ("die verwandlung") by Kafka.
It was a great book but I guess I didn't really get the whole thing... it was kinda weird...

And I do have "In Swans Welt" by Proust (I'm sure you remember when Lorelai borrowed it from Max ) but I didn't really dare to start reading it so far... maybe its my next one... I'm not sure!
I have a huge collection of books that I want to read, and I can never decide which one to read next when I finished one...
Old 10-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah you really should add it to your "to-read list" its worth it.. its a sad but even so a funny book and very well written

uh yeah i remember the book she borrowed from from max .. but you wouldnt get me to read it

i like to read books from anne rice like "hexenstunde" its really cool.. but the book has over 1000 pages and i had to read 300 before i finally got the point

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-10-2004, 10:49 AM
Banned

A friend of mine wants me to read the books of Diana Gabaldon. She wrote about a million books with each 1500 pages minimum... I'm kinda scared of reading that b/c I always get stuck in the middle of books with so many pages thinking "Oh my god, this book will never end... "
Old 10-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

heh.. i know what you mean .. when i read this book with over 1000 pages all i thought was "god .. you´ll read this book until your dying day"

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Squeegy
A friend of mine wants me to read the books of Diana Gabaldon. She wrote about a million books with each 1500 pages minimum... I'm kinda scared of reading that b/c I always get stuck in the middle of books with so many pages thinking "Oh my god, this book will never end... "
dont worry, you will finish part 1... thats one of those books you cant get enough of i think. lets say it wont get boring, even if its more than 1500 pages. i ve got all 5 parts, but didnt read no 5 because its so long ago i read the first 4

squeegy do u like Wolfgang Hohlbein? do you know the "black books"?

Quote:
Originally posted by Suz i could read a book as well.. i´m in the middle of "ps ich liebe dich" right now .. i love this book
my words but you still didnt finish? when i started i was unable to stop till i knew the end. its one of my fav books. did you saw the writer is at our age? wish i could write like that.

**Icon made by Suz**

Last edited by carmenvs; 10-10-2004 at 01:36 PM
Old 10-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
squeegy do u like Wolfgang Hohlbein? do you know the "black books"?
Yes, I like him, but no I don't know the Black Books. I've read "Intruder" (which is really good) and "Die Rückkehr der Zauberer" (which is even better!) I hope "Flut" is as good as the other two. And I'm thinking about getting "Dreizehn" and the "Anders" Series....
I never thought I would like fantasy books, but I really like his writing style... he can make you believe everything!
Old 10-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Extreme Fan

"miss dirty" alias suz should really read diana gabaldon`s books,they would fit perfectly to her and her dirty mind
i always listen to not so popular bands and singers here in germany.
i really like alternative rock: heather nova,sheryl crow,michelle branch,ashlee simpson,avril lavigne,dishwalla,tonic,goo goo dolls,wallflowers
but i also like macy gray,bangles,bon jovi,bryan adams,alicia keys
~ KEEPER OF ~ "He called me hotplates.He sooo likes me" Luke checking out Lorelai`s butt Luke & Lorelai's passionate kiss on their first Valentine's Day Luke and Lorelai having MMS during the first snow of season Luke stroking Lorelai's hair and kissing her forehead in WITS ~ she needs his coffee,he needs her smile ~(Luke&Lorelai) ° We have to protect our heart cause it's fragile °
****************************** JAVA JUNKIES FOREVER ******************************
Old 10-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Banned

God, I can't believe there are already two people here who like Michelle... I mean, all of my friends (and I mean it! EVERYONE) said that they don't know her, they never heard about her, and after I played a few songs for them most of them said they don't like her. Man, I have bad friends....

Thank god I found this forum

Sheryl Crow is cool too, I really don't know why they were bashing her so much on this one show the other day... (schlimmsten sommerhits? idk)
Ashlee is nice, I like her way better than her sister Jessica. Her song "Pieces of me" playes a lot on Mtv.

Oh, and sometimes (I have to be in the right mood for it) I like Norah Jones. But only her first album, her second was not that good...

And the Bangles are a must! Just like Bon Jovi and Brian Adams!
Not to forget the Beatles and ABBA of course....
Old 10-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Extreme Fan

i love michelle`s song "shootingstar" and heather nova`s" like lover do".they appeared both in buffy season 7.ashlee`s song "lala"is my favourite these days.do you know it?her sisters music is mushy pop and this "gesülze" i really hate
~ KEEPER OF ~ "He called me hotplates.He sooo likes me" Luke checking out Lorelai`s butt Luke & Lorelai's passionate kiss on their first Valentine's Day Luke and Lorelai having MMS during the first snow of season Luke stroking Lorelai's hair and kissing her forehead in WITS ~ she needs his coffee,he needs her smile ~(Luke&Lorelai) ° We have to protect our heart cause it's fragile °
****************************** JAVA JUNKIES FOREVER ******************************
Old 10-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Banned

That song by Michelle is called "Goodbye to you"! Which is my all-time-favorite song by the way...

I've seen her on Buffy as well as on Charmed with that song. Both were awesome...

No, I don't know the songs you said, but I'm gonna downlo...... err.... buy them tomorrow!
Old 10-11-2004, 02:54 AM
Master Fan

I love that Michelle Branch song. I don't think that's the title of the Ashlee Simpson song either.

I didn't know Heather Nova sung, "Like Lover's Do." I love that song. I'm going to have to download it.

I just finished my paper due today, an essay that is probably one of the worst I've ever written. I'm really ashamed.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 10-11-2004, 04:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

i think it was in buffy when i first heard goodbye to you... michelle was out onlyx with her first single here.. noone noticed her ..well almost.. the song just got deep into me.. it touched me and so i bought it.. michelle is a great singer and i love songs of her.. my other fav. is I´ll always be right there..the song is awesome

@carmen .. i´m at page 230 right now..

Quote:
"miss dirty" alias suz should really read diana gabaldon`s books,they would fit perfectly to her and her dirty mind
i always listen to not so popular bands and singers here in germany.
i really like alternative rock: heather nova,sheryl crow,michelle branch,ashlee simpson,avril lavigne,dishwalla,tonic,goo goo dolls,wallflowers
but i also like macy gray,bangles,bon jovi,bryan adams,alicia keys
lol miss dirty .. i really think i should change my nick *g* but if those books fit perfectly with my dirty mind .. maybe i should conside reading them

i also like sheryl crow .. i love diamond road ..thats such a sweet song

i like ashlee simpsons song pieces of me and i sometimes listen to avril

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Banned

Suz They still show "Everywhere" on Onyx sometimes and one time I catched up with the last few seconds of "All you wanted"!
"I'll always be right there" is great, sad that her first album "Broken Bracelet" isn't available in stores...
So you like Hotel Paper? I love the songs 'Desperately' and 'One of these days' from that album....
Old 10-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

i dont have Onyx only 2 viva programms and 2 mtv programms .. i loved VH1 but even this programm got last last year.. i dunno why

hmmm i dont know why the first album isnt avalable here in germany .. but it was the same with pinks first album.. i went to the store and asked about it a few years ago (when pink wasnt out with lady marmelade) and they watched me like "pink? who the Fcuk is that?"

i dont have her whole album (michelles) just a few songs out of it . but i like michelles voice ..she is calm but also strong and unique

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Banned

Its not available in stores b/c she released it by herself, its an indepentent album you could only get on her website.
I like the songs from that album, they're only with guitars and some other things that she could do on her own.
I might try it on ebay soon.