THE BRIDGET SHOW

Last Thread

Projected Cast

Bridget O'Shea - Lauren
Macy Day (other talk show host) - Holly Robinson Peete
Lucy St. John (Bridget's assistant) - Lucy Davis
Marty (Bridget's business manager) - Jeffrey Tambor
Chris (Brent's stoner cousin) - Josh Braaten
Marty (Marty's business manager) - Barry Sonnenfeld (probably)

Not cast yet:
Brent - Bridget's ex
Zack - Marty's flamboyant assistant
Gabriella - Brent's girlfriend

Script

updated script thanks to Nadine

Pictures

filming the pilot in LA - April 8th, 2009

General Infos

Quote:
I was at the WB the other day - Stars Hollow is getting more and more unrecognizable. Sad. They took the gazebo out (for now anyway) and are refacing/updating a lot of the buildings. Currently it is made up to be used in the "Eastwick" pilot, based on "Witches of Eastwick". Luke's Diner is an art store. Very strange to see. Also, we were told that Lauren Graham was on the lot a couple of weeks ago for a wardrobe fitting, and the wardrobe was delivered to Sony.
The Jeep is still available, btw, at a "bargain" price since the previous buyer paid a large deposit. Anyone win the lottery yet?
Articles

Quote:
The project will be the first TV series for Graham since "Gilmore Girls" ended two seasons ago. She's currently prepping for a Broadway run in "Guys and Dolls," which starts previews next week, so filming of the pilot may have to work around her theater schedule.
Lauren Graham, ABC Will 'Let It Go' - Network orders comedy with 'Gilmore Girls' star - Zap2it

Quote:
Lauren Graham, who will make her Broadway debut as Miss Adelaide in the upcoming Broadway revival of Guys and Dolls, may return to series television as ABC has greenlighted her pilot, Let It Go, in which she will play a self-help guru/talk show host whose advice to woman winds up falling on her own deaf ears when her "perfect" beau gives her the boot, according to TVGuide.com.
Guys & Dolls' Lauren Graham May Return to TV in Let It Go: Theater News on TheaterMania.com

Quote:
ABC has given a production commitment to a new comedy starring Graham, who will play a self-help guru who teaches women how to live a stress-free life -- but struggles to follow her own advice when her boyfriend dumps her.

Untitled half-hour comes from scribe Alex Herschlag ("Will and Grace"), who will exec produce along with the folks behind the Tantamount shingle -- Eric Tannenbaum, Kim Tannenbaum and Mitch Hurwitz. Hagada Hey and Tantamount will produce, while Sony Pictures TV -- where Tantamount is based -- is the studio.

Graham will also serve as a producer on the sitcom.
Variety.com

Quote:
Then there's the Graham project, "Let It Go." The "Gilmore Girls" alum stars as a female talkshow host who is dumped by her boyfriend -- and isn't able to follow her own advice of "letting things go."

Alex Herschlag is the writer-exec producer, while Mitch Hurwitz, Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum are the exec producers.

"Let It Go" comes from Sony Pictures TV and Tantamount. It's been a good pilot season for Tantamount, which also has the pilots "Lost in the '80s" and "Absolutely Fabulous" in the works, with several more still in contention for pickup.
Variety.com

Quote:
The single-camera "Let It Go," from Sony TV and studio-based Tantamount, stars Graham as a self-help guru who teaches women how to "let it go' but fails to follow her own advice when her perfect boyfriend dumps her.
Breaking Entertainment News from THR.com- Read the Latest Film Reviews

Quote:
You just signed a deal to star in your own ABC comedy. How did that come about?
Mitch Hurwitz (Arrested Development) and Alex Herschlag (Will & Grace) cooked up this idea that's so wrong it's right. It's the first thing -- after taking many meetings and thinking long and hard about what kind of thing I'd like to do -- that made me laugh. Everything about it made me laugh.

You play a self-help guru who doesn't practice what she preaches. It's already drawing comparisons to Men in Trees.
It's a darker comedy... more like Arrested Development. Men in Trees was a really well written dramedy, but it was soft and sweet -- kind of in the tone of Gilmore Girls. This is more comedic. It's a totally different tone. And I don't live in Alaska.

How is the show darker?
She's a self-help guru who is truly a mess and is obsessed with [her ex-boyfriend] who dumped her. It's really funny because it's so backwards. I went to Barnard College and I did my feminist studies, but I think what's funny about this character is she is deeply flawed. I loved Lorelai, but she wasn't deeply flawed. She was very easy to root for. This is a slightly more twisted central character.

What's the timeline for it?
I'm committed to [Guys & Dolls] through October. But we're trying to figure out if I can shoot [the pilot] while I'm doing the show.
EW.com

Quote:
CBS and ABC are exceptions to the pared-down development trend. ABC has ordered 24 pilots, featuring TV stars such as Grammer, Friends' Courteney Cox, Everybody Loves Raymond's Patricia Heaton and Gilmore Girls' Lauren Graham.
As TV networks tighten belts, look for fewer stars, fewer risks - USATODAY.com

Quote:
UNTITLED LAUREN GRAHAM PROJECT (formerly THE BRIDGET SHOW; LET IT GO)

What happens when a self-help guru needs more than a little help herself? Inspirational talk show host Bridget O'Shea followed her own best-selling advice to "let it go," and now has really let herself go. Ten years after chasing her newsman boyfriend around the world and getting nowhere, Bridget has been left on her couch with no man, no job and no direction. Now the only friends Bridget has left are her long-suffering manager Marty and her beleaguered assistant Lucy, who stick with her through thick or thin or as long as she keeps paying them. But Bridget now has the second chance she's been hoping for to unveil a chapter in her new self-help book... which she hasn't gotten around to writing. With the help of her ex's cousin, professional slacker Chris Hopper, Bridget is re-focused on scoring the comeback of the year, or just sabotaging her career yet again. Unfortunately, sometimes letting go is easier said than done. Actress Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls, Broadway's Guys & Dolls) stars as the advice-challenged guru in this single-camera comedy written by Alex Herschlag (Will & Grace), who will executive produce along with Eric Tannenbaum, Kim Tannenbaum (Two and a Half Men) and Mitch Hurwitz (Arrested Development). It just proves that even the people who are supposed to have the answers may not quite have it all figured out.

CAST - Lauren Graham as Bridget O'Shea; Lucy Davis as Lucy; Holly Robinson Peete as Macy; Jeffrey Tambor as Marty; Josh Braaten as Chris

CREDITS - Production Companies: Sony Pictures Television, Tantamount; Executive Producer/Writer: Alex Herschlag; Executive Producers: Kim Tannenbaum, Eric Tannenbaum, Mitch Hurwitz; Director: Barry Sonnenfeld
Breaking News - 2009 ABC PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT GUIDE - COMEDY SERIES | TheFutonCritic.com

Quote:
Sources said McPherson does have some promising shows on the slate, including "Cougartown" with Courtney Cox, "The Bridget Show" with Lauren Graham and an untitled vehicle for "Will & Grace"star Eric McCormack. The new comedy "Surviving Suburbia" starring Bob Saget also debuted to promising numbers last week.
PRIMETIME PUZZLE - New York Post

Quote:
When I got back to LA I immediately started shooting a pilot for a new comedy series for ABC. It stars Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls) and it's sorta like Ugly Betty set in the daytime talk show world. I play a narcissistic talk show host ... It was a blast and I hope it makes the fall schedule. We'll see ...
Spring Planning | Momlogic

Buzzworthy Pilots: ABC: Photo 5 of 12 | TV, 2009 Pilot Watch | BuzzSugar - Movies, TV & Music

Last edited by perrygraham; 04-23-2009 at 03:59 PM
Old 04-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Thanks so much, Ele
Old 04-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Total Fan

perfect title!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks ele, nice title...

BTW where is the link from the last thread?
Old 04-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Meh, this is why I hate opening new threads. Too much work. Updated the OP.
Does anyone know the updated cast?
Old 04-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Ele. Love the title.
*Avi by danielle_xo*
Old 04-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

Nice job with the OP, Ele! Thanks!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Ele!

Love the title!

LukeLorelai|EdwardBella|RK
Old 04-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

AOL has TBS as part of its 30 pilots to look forward to, also
Old 04-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Ele. The opening post is fantastic!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG rocks my socks (View Post)
AOL has TBS as part of its 30 pilots to look forward to, also
Well, I like that. Thanks Shannon.

*Avi by danielle_xo*
Old 04-24-2009, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Thanks for the new thread, and a very nice title we got there

Great OP
Old 04-24-2009, 03:45 AM
Elite Fan

Tftnt
Old 04-24-2009, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Here's an interesting little tidbit (from Nadine):

Nikki Finke’s Deadline Hollywood Daily Primetime Pilot Panic: The Hot List

Quote:
THE BRIDGET SHOW (Sony TV/Tantamount/Hagada Hey) "Lauren Graham..." "Heating up." "Looks good."
Old 04-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

Tftnt Ele!!
icon: Permanent_99