Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-20-2004, 08:38 AM
New Fan

Hi all,

Am a lurker in both the GG and LG forums so am again resurfacing for a short note.

I couldn't find a topic which suited this just right so I hope you don't mind me saying this here. I just received my "Third Rock From The Sun" VCDs in the mail today and was totally excited! I knew Lauren guest starred in one of the episodes but didn't know which one. Which made me one HAPPY person when the first disc I slipped in had the epsiode with her in it! (It's like fate or something! )

Anyway, just a short review of her performnce in it:
She as as usual her sparkling self, but her voice seemed alot higher in the episode (could have been for the role, I'm not too sure) and she played this doctorate student whom Dick (John Lithgow) was really interested in. Overall a great performance by Ms Graham but one little thing....she had this weird thrilling giggle which kinda got to me after awhile (and btw, she was playing a 25-ish yr old)... oh and she really did show off those legs of hers in very short skirts!

sorry, realise my post has becoming rambling, so that's it for now, just my 2 cents.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:06 AM
New Fan

I haven't seen it myself yet but I am reliably informed that there is a childhood picture of Lauren with some of her relatives in the August issue of InStyle magazine (is that what it's called -- InStyle??). Page "two hundred and something" (to quote my gf). One of you who can tolerate women's magazines check it out. (I would do it but I always get asphyxiated by all the damn perfume samples.)
Old 07-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by John Galt
I haven't seen it myself yet but I am reliably informed that there is a childhood picture of Lauren with some of her relatives in the August issue of InStyle magazine (is that what it's called -- InStyle??). Page "two hundred and something" (to quote my gf). One of you who can tolerate women's magazines check it out. (I would do it but I always get asphyxiated by all the damn perfume samples.)
I'm on it.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 07-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by John Galt
Page 217
Old 07-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Dammit, I subscribe, but it always comes late and I went to Books a Million today and forgot to look! I wanna see! Very cool though, thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
HIP SNIPS AND SHOWBIZ SLIPS
Exex, not just stars, know 'dos & don'ts

by JENNIFER NETHERBY | Jun 28 '04

HOLLYWOOD Nobody understands the need for good hair days better than industryites.
Among the over-the-top behavior ankled E! topper Mindy Herman was accused of by her underlings was getting a hair and style makeover on the company dime. Observers attributed her indulgent behavior to the pervasive sense of entitlement in Hollywood, where grooming --- particularly when it comes to hair --- is king.
Stars bargain to get their hair stylist signed on for TV shows and movies they're filming, sometimes requiring producers to fight through red tape to get a guild waiver for nonguild stylists. They also stipulate they be flown in for junkets on the company jet.
High-level execs can be even bigger divas about their tresses.
"They are as demanding, if not more," stresses stylist Jonathan Antin, whose new BevHills salon, Jonathan Salon, is the focal point of Bravo's "Blow Out" reality show. "Don't forget, they make the stars."
Antin, who trims and prunes David Geffen's pate, has been known to snip away on clients while they conduct negotiations. Col's Amy Pascal is known for getting her hair blown straight before she makes a deal. Insiders say if her hair's curly, your deal's dead.
Every stylist is a cell phone call away for hair emergencies --- and there are always hair emergencies. Hair stylists make midnight set calls to fix bad dye jobs or early morning house calls to dress tresses for those supposedly unstaged paparazzi photos for the glossies.
Because flattery will get you everywhere in this town, publicists and other star handlers sometimes imitate the styles of their clients. "Sometimes they get lost in it," says V2V stylist Kim Vo, who's known for having helped start the straight hair perm craze of the last year.
Producers and directors sometimes change looks as they change projects. A lot also depends on the studio a person works for. Anything goes at DreamWorks, while at Warner Bros., "they're still in that Brooks Brothers" mode, according to stylist Eric Scott. Paramount is also considered uptight, but with MTV chief Tom Freston now at the helm, hair seems destined for a redo.
Stylists say music people are the most adventurous and can get away with almost anything. Writers are trendier than programmers and D-Girls, preferring vintage '20s and '30s hairstyles with clean-cut tailored waves that require less maintenance.
Femmes intent on keeping their locks just so drop by the salon as much as three times a week to get their hair blown out straight or wavy. "We have a lot of BlackBerry action going on in here," laughs Frederic Fekkai senior stylist Jessica Tingle, who styles ABC Network prexy Anne Sweeney's hair in a classic do. (Simon Cowell also drops by for trims.)
Now that metrosexuals are out in the open, men are spending as much money as women on their hair --- ranging upward from several hundred dollars each week or $2,500 for a full day. Cost is rarely a consideration.
"When you experience the best and you can afford the best, you have the best," says Barry --- "just Barry" --- Reitman of Juan Juan in Beverly Hills who once had a Saudi prince fly him solo on the Concorde to style his hair.
Many men regularly get their brows waxed, mannies and peddies (manicures and pedicures for the uninitiated), and laser hair removal on their faces so that their stubble grows in perfectly scruff, in addition to a cut and color.
For balding men, a close cut is replacing the shaved head. Certain male executives show their creativity with a soul patch or goatee, but stylists don't necessarily recommend that form of facial hair expression.
"It's all about your stylist being honest with you," hints makeup artist Gina Veltri.
Antin says he's bringing back the mullet --- in a modified form he describes as "a mullet meets a faux hawk" --- prompting a shocked rival stylist to predict it will ruin Antin's career. His reality show, in any case, is off to a slow start.
There has also been fallout --- as in hair literally falling out --- from last year's straight perm craze. The harsh chemicals applied to colored or damaged hair can burn strands off (as it did to "Gilmore Girl" Lauren Graham during the show's last season), forcing desperate calls to the experts for hair extensions to hide losses.
"I've had girls call crying, in tears. Some girls wouldn't leave the house," says Scott, whose expertise is extensions. "That whole straight perm thing was a boon to the business. So many people got it, and their hair started falling out."
More hair is a big trend even for those who haven't lost their real hair from hairdos gone amok. Paris Hilton, Beyonce and Jessica Simpson all wear extensions, but Tingle warns they can be addictive and cause the opposite effect intended.
Extensions tend to cause the hair to break, thinning it out, requiring even more extensions in a never-ending downward spiral that can send the user into midnight calls to their dealer hitting them up for more. Hilton bobbed her hair earlier this year because of thinning but still uses them.

Last edited by A. B. Normal; 07-21-2004 at 06:45 PM
Old 07-22-2004, 11:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

remember the hair extensions? Now we know why! Poor Lauren, no wonder she hates having so many makeup artists touching her hair. They are killing her hair!

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 07-23-2004, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

OOh, I saw the InStyle pic today of Lauren and her cousins. So adorable. I'll scan it when it comes in. Braided pigtails.

These were on Ebay

Question: Right side of the pic above, there's a small clipping of Lauren in a white top and white jacket with jeans. Anyone recognize the magazine or the event? Because I don't.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for all the news. That's so horrible about her hair! Hopefully it won't happen again.

Alexis, I think that picture was taken before her David Letterman appearance. She had that Louis Vuitton satchel type bag.

"Chi trova un amico , trova un tesoro"
Old 07-24-2004, 10:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
There has also been fallout --- as in hair literally falling out --- from last year's straight perm craze. The harsh chemicals applied to colored or damaged hair can burn strands off (as it did to "Gilmore Girl" Lauren Graham during the show's last season), forcing desperate calls to the experts for hair extensions to hide losses.
I think that artical was kinda crule they did not have to tell who it was I am sure Lauren doesn't want the world to know that about her hair. They should of just said an actor or actress from Gilmore Girls.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mandypandy1981
They should of just said an actor or actress from Gilmore Girls.
Wouldn't we know who it was then anyway? She's the one who keeps straighting her hair all the time. Also, if we didn't understand it, we would've been curious. I don't think it was a big deal to put the name there. Very sad for her that it happened, and I hope they're more careful in the future. Her hair is strong, though, so I'm sure all is back in order now.

Can't wait for the InStyle scan. *squeals*

Last edited by Eliii; 07-26-2004 at 10:31 AM
Old 07-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Loyal Fan

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/thisweek/index.html

Quote:
Tuesday, July 27

LAUREN GRAHAM (¡§Gilmore Girls¡¨) stops by to chat with Ellen. And the one and only MELISSA ETHERIDGE drops in to perform ¡§Breathe¡¨ from her latest CD, ¡§Lucky.¡¨ Plus former ¡§American Idol¡¨ contestant WILLIAM HUNG performs his rendition of the hit song ¡§She Bangs.¡¨
This is a repeat, right?
Old 07-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

Yes, it's the one where they go horseback riding.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

Craptastic quality scan, but you want a clear pic buy the magazine. She's so cute though, right!?

Old 07-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

Awwww. That's all I can say.

Gaby
I made my icon.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Look how *****in cute that is!