Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

The Lauren Newsstand: You've got info and we need info, so no holding out on us!

From Cher on the last thread!

Quote:
Originally posted by Çherié £u£u
SEEING OTHER PEOPLE
August 17, 2004

Directed by Wally Wolodarsky and produced by Gavin Polone, the romantic comedy Seeing Other People stars Jay Mohr (Jerry Maguire, "Last Comic Standing"), Lauren Graham (Bad Santa, "Gilmore Girls"), Josh Charles ("Sports Night", S.W.A.T.), Julianne Nicholson ("Ally McBeal"), Bryan Cranston ("Malcolm in the Middle"), and Andy Richter (Elf, "Late Night with Conan O'Brien"). On the verge of her wedding, Alice (Julianne Nicholson) wonders if she is ready for a lifetime of faithful monogamy. Hoping that overcoming her sexual inexperience will resolve any pre-nuptial jitters, Alice proposes to Ed (Jay Mohr), her fiance, that they "see other people" before their union. Alas, a little fooling around doesn't exactly work the wonders intended. Special features on the DVD will include a commentary with writer/director Wally Wolodarsky and writer Maya Forbes, deleted scenes, a behind-the-scenes program and the theatrical trailer. (2004)

Sundance Channel Press Release
Yay, at least this one has a writer/director commentary, so automatically it's above the Bad Santa DVD!
Old 06-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

oohh, that dvd sounds great!

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 06-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Dule Hill 'all in' to help beat leukemia

Hill already helped his friend by winning his opening poker match and is now in the finals of the second Celebrity Poker Showdown tournament. The show airs on Bravo Thursday, July 1, at 9 p.m. ET/PT. Squaring off against Hill is Men in Black II star Rosario Dawson, Michael Ian Black from Ed, Gilmore Girl's Lauren Graham, and ER's Maura Tierney.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 07-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

Check her out on the www.zap2it.com and www.tvguide homepages.

Quote:

Celebrity Poker Showdown
9:00 PM - Bravo
I'm not one to watch the poker tourneys on the TV, but "Celebrity Poker Showdown" has me hooked. I think it's mainly because of the witty (or, alternately, inane) banter between the celebrities. And you know how much I enjoy Dave Foley. We've made it to the first championship game of the season, where the winners of the previous five rounds will compete in a boisterous game of No Limit Texas Hold 'Em. Those players are Rosario Dawson, Dule Hill, Michael Ian Black, Lauren Graham and Maura Tierney. Who will take the lion's share of the $250,000 Cingular Wireless prize pool? Shuffle up and deal!
Old 07-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

Nothing huge, just the TV Guide channel is doing a piece at 30 minutes past the hour on the new celebrity gambling shows popping up on various networks. There are several flashes of Lauren in the Championship game of celeb poker.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Entertainment Weekly's TV critic Ken Tucker gives "Celebrity Poker Showdown" a B+ in the current issue with Michael Moore (the review also covered three other Vegas/poker shows):

Quote:
Celebrity Poker Showdown . . . is the only setting in the universe where Malcolm in the Middle's Christopher Masterson can outperform Friends' Matthew Perry. . . .
[Phil Gordon's] Celebrity partner is Dave Foley, the Kid in the Hall from NewsRadio, a proudly ignorant nonplayer who enjoys attributing the direction of the show's rules-of-poker intro film to a different person every time; one night it was "the pioneering master of montage, Sergei Eisenstein." The celebs play for charity, and even that's not off-limits for Foley: "Lauren Graham is playing for the Revlon/UCLA Women's Cancer Research Program," he said, his eyebrows waggling like Groucho Marx's. "They don't cure cancer -- they just make it look better." Poker-faced Phil Gordon's jaw dropped.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Last weekend's Lobbyists included Michael Wincott (who could have had Mick Jagger as a father-in-law had he continued to date Mick's model daughter Elizabeth), as well as Lauren Graham, Brittany Snow and their Pacifier director Adam Shankman.

Old 07-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Single smart female
BY KIM LINEKIN

I've watched and loved the unabashedly girly dramedy Gilmore Girls from its very first episode, which is an accomplishment considering it's been on the WB for four years now. I usually tune into a show only after my critic chums have geeked out over it so often that I feel naked without an opinion.

I've been geeking out over The Gilmore Girls a lot myself these days, especially since its first season came out on DVD a few weeks ago. My gospel to the Gilmore-deprived usually starts with a sheepish apology for all its cutsey small-town stuff -- the show is set in fictional Stars Hollow, Connecticut, which has become home to more quirky locals than Mayberry, Cicely and Stuckeyville combined. I then praise the show's trademark snappy dialogue, which is loaded with up-to-the-nanosecond cultural references and spoken so fast my thumb is forever perched over the rewind button. (I wasn't surprised to learn that creator Amy Sherman-Palladino grew up around Catskills comedians -- I often wonder if she hears rim shots as she writes exchanges like "Do something to make me hate you!" "Uh... Go Hitler!")

To cinch the deal, I describe the show's well-rounded characters: hip, single mom Lorelai (Lauren Graham), her snobby yet sympathetic parents, and best of all, her brainy teenage daughter Rory (Alexis Bledel), the only character on television I can think of whose intelligence isn't depicted as some kind of handicap.

Help me out here -- how many TV characters can you name who are really smart and really well-adjusted? With the exception of The West Wing, where intelligence is sort of the point, usually smarties are nerds with poor social skills (Ross on Friends) or seriously ****ed up (Brenda on Six Feet Under). Even Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Willow was a nebbish who blossomed conspicuously around the same time as she stopped slaying at school.

But Rory is different. Her interest in school is not just a character trait -- it's the backbone of the entire series. The pilot, which aired in September, 2000, kicked off with 16-year-old Rory's acceptance into the posh Chilton School, a private school so expensive that Lorelai, manager of the local inn, is forced to beg for tuition money from the blue-blooded parents she escaped at 16 when she got knocked up. Lorelai's mom demands a weekly dinner with her daughter and granddaughter in exchange, thus setting up the grandmother-mother-daughter dynamic that the show has picked at so fruitfully over four
seasons.

The grandparents may like Chilton because of its status, but all Rory and Lorelai care about is that Chilton gives Rory a leg up on achieving her lifelong dream of attending Harvard and becoming a journalist like her idol, CNN correspondent Christiane Amanpour. The fact that the show revolves around this dream may explain why it's never been disrespected. We've been spared the storylines that typically dog the brainy chicks, like watching them act dumb to attract a guy (even the acclaimed Freaks and Geeks was guilty of playing that old saw) or having them choose family or friends over their ambitions (see Buffy the Vampire Slayer,Six Feet Under, or any coming-of-age tale in the last decade, for that matter).

The assumption behind these shows is that intelligence is a gift that comes with a cosmic price tag. If you're smart, you must pay for it by being unhappy or unpopular or both. If you're smart and ambitious, well, god help you. And if you think you're smart just because you read a lot of books, someone with street smarts is about to teach you a lesson. In the world of TV, the only learning of value is that which bypasses the educational system altogether.

Which is why Gilmore Girls is so refreshing. Rory's intelligence is a given, not a gift that demands some kind of payback. Considering that her brains are the foundation of the series, it's remarkable how much of a non-issue they are in her world. No one mocks her for digging learning (like Ross on Friends), even when she offers gimmes like comparing her enjoyment of a wonderful night out with her boyfriend, Dean, to "that Christmas when I got a full set of illustrated encyclopedias." (She tries to convert Dean to reading Tolstoy, offering the astute literary observation that "Tolstoy wrote for the masses, the common man. It's completely untrue that you have to be some kind of genius to read his stuff.") She has book smarts and street smarts, yet is still allowed to do phenomenally stupid things sometimes.

I love that Rory would never guess what a feminist icon she is, so full of happy contradictions. She's a total bookworm, but she's no geek. The boys she likes tend to like her back. She's quiet and serious but with a deliciously dirty sense of humour. (When she sees her mom smiling for no reason, she asks, "Did you do something ****ty?") I especially love that her ambition is to be a journalist, a career that doesn't scream "smartypants" like neurosurgeon and astrophysicist do. And it's wonderful that everyone in her life supports this dream fully. Rory may have ended up at Yale instead of Harvard -- though she was accepted into both -- but I doubt she'll ever end up being punished for her big, beautiful brain.

Old 07-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

nce artical thanks for shareing.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

About Primetime TV 2004 Emmys Nominations Poll

Quote:
Who’s exclusion from this list of nominees makes your blood boil the most?

Anthony LaPaglia – “Without a Trace”
Dennis Haysbert – “24”
Jason Bateman – “Arrested Development”
Jessica Walter – “Arrested Development”
Kelly Bishop – “Gilmore Girls”
Lauren Graham – “Gilmore Girls”
Mary Steenburgen – “Joan of Arcadia”
Portia DeRossi – “Arrested Development”
Treat Williams -- "Everwood" (1)
Will Arnet – “Arrested Development”
Ellen Degeneres is repeating Lauren's appearance, the horse eppy - July 27th
Ellevee: Yeah...Well, thank you so much Lauren. You don't know how much this means to me.
Lauren: (Smiles and nods) Bye Ellevee. Take care. Ellevee: Bye Lauren
Avi by Ele
Old 07-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

I didn't know where to post this question. What ever happened to the Showtime movie "Fathers and Sons."?
Old 07-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

Ya know, I don't remember hearing about it lately. For awhile I was checking the site to see if it said anything but then things got busy. If I have time at work tomorrow I'll google and see if I can find anything.

Old 07-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

Here are a few websites about it, no mention of Lauren...so maybe the project fell through?
http://www.angelfire.com/home/qaf/fa...s/fs_film.html
http://www3.telus.net/~heatherj/fathers.htm

A tidbit about Lauren's snub from the Emmy's:

Quote:
Keep your chin up, Jason Bateman ("Arrested Development"), Zach Braff ("Scrubs"), Lauren Graham ("Gilmore Girls") and Keith Carradine ("Deadwood"). We know how great you are, even if the academy doesn't.
Worthies miss cut for Emmys
A good article to check out.

Old 07-18-2004, 08:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Gilmore Girls in Sybdication.

I descoverd this news on http://www.laurengrahamfan.com

then I did some reshearch.

ABC FAMILY will be airing Gilmore Girls every day this fall.

Mon-Sun.: 11:00am

Mon-Fri: 5:00pm

Sat. and Sun: 3:00pm

for more information go here: http://free.hostultra.com/~syndicaid/abc_family.html
Old 07-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

Yea, my friend who stopped watching GG after the first season was over told me that yesterday. She stopped watching it because she got too busy. NOT because she stopped liking LG and other cast.

Gaby
I made my icon.