Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-28-2004, 05:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

We have a "Seeing Other People" thread on the board here. It's coming out May 7th in select cities.

I don't know how to play Poker either, I play Rummy and Blackjack. Anyway, Damn how hot does Lauren look on that DVD cover? ***** man - she's smokin'!

And isn't that Colin from RW: Hawaii?

[ 04-28-2004: Message edited Çherié_£u£u ]
Old 04-29-2004, 01:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Çherié_£u£u:
<STRONG>And isn't that Colin from RW: Hawaii?</STRONG>
Yep!

Hey, remember this? Marie Claire

Quote:
Best Brunette
(PHOTO: N. PROMMER/GLOBE PHOTOS)

10 Best TV Hairstyles to Steal
Lauren Graham, Gilmore Girls

Why her hair's hot:
Its warm, chocolate hue flatters most skin tones, while its richness can help make even damaged hair look healthy.

Who should steal it:
Dark blondes through dark brunettes. (But skip it if you have a lot of pink in your skin.)

How to get it:
Go for a semipermanent golden-brown if you're gray-free, a permanent one if you're more than 10 percent gray.
[ 04-29-2004: Message edited A. B. Normal ]
Old 04-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Her eyes are so green in that picture, she looks pocessed. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

heh, I didn't notice that!

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 04-30-2004, 06:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for all the news and pictures [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Those poker ones are really cool. Hope she won

The Bad Santa poster is heaps cool. She deserves to be on it too. I'd buy it, but I don't know if it will come out here. I read last December it was supposed to be showing in the movies sometime in May over here but no word yet. I've already shown it to all my friends with my pirated DVD and they loved it. Spreading the love I say.

Those eyes do look possesive:lol

"Chi trova un amico , trova un tesoro"
Old 04-30-2004, 06:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Lor*:
<STRONG>The Bad Santa poster is heaps cool. She deserves to be on it too. I'd buy it, but I don't know if it will come out here. I read last December it was supposed to be showing in the movies sometime in May over here but no word yet. I've already shown it to all my friends with my pirated DVD and they loved it. Spreading the love I say.</STRONG>
I was gonna go for the Dirty! here but decided against it with my better judgement. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Carry on.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

The View website lists Lauren as the sole celebrity guest. This could mean longer interview time and hopefully SOP and GG clips.

Quote:
THURSDAY, MAY 6
Lauren Graham (Seeing Other People and Gilmore Girls); a preview of possible wedding gowns to be worn by co-host Star Jones are showcased; the co-hosts check in with their new production assistant for a full report on her first week on the job.
For Canadian viewers, here's The View's schedule per tvlistings2:

May 6 11am 8CFTO and 18WKBW; 10pm 64TalkTV
May 7 10AM and 4pm 64TalkTV
Ellevee: Yeah...Well, thank you so much Lauren. You don't know how much this means to me.
Lauren: (Smiles and nods) Bye Ellevee. Take care. Ellevee: Bye Lauren
Avi by Ele
Old 05-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

TV-Now says Amanda Bynes goes on after Lauren.

Here's a fantastic compliement to Lauren in a review of the new Julianne Moore/Pierce Brosnan movie.

Quote:
Even if the part had been cast with a more apropos actress, like say the ‘‘Gilmore Girls''' Lauren Graham who can do witty banter in her sleep, the ‘‘Laws of Attraction'' still would be doomed simply because it lacks a coherent story line.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

As has been metioned earlier in this thread, shooting of The Pacifierstarts first week of May. I decided to check out the set at Costco yesterday. Took me 2 bus rides, 40 minutes and some waiting time (I don't drive). Right before my stop, I glance to my left and I see this bunch of small trailers - the type that houses cast and crew - behind a small commercial building under construction. The area, about a block away from Costco is transformed into a virtual trailer park. I knew then there indeed was a movie shoot.

I get off the bus, doing a walk-run combo towards the set. Rodeo Dr. is in back of Costco where I go past 4 big trailers housing tons of cables & movie equipment. My heart does the pounding-and-stop combo as I rush towards the store. A thousand thoughts danced in my mind. Am I going to see Lauren? What am I gonna say or do. Blah, blah, blah. Right outside (beside the entrance) is the set. There's a sign that says:

Movie on location @ Costco
Mon, May 3rd
Tue, May 4th
Wed, May 5th
Business as Usual

I got there around 5:30pm. Two cameras are set up close to the set where 4 girl brownies behind a long table rehearse a scene pretending they're selling cookies to a bunch of extras. On the wall behind them, and in front of the table are banners that say Fireflies in green letters. So they do a couple of rehearsals then a few takes while some extras come in and out of Costco with shopping carts.

I stand there, a few feet away trying to figure out how to get info, i.e. if it really was the TP shoot, is Lauren here, or Vin Diesel perhaps?. I got my confirmation that it was TP alright when I saw the clapper. It was a bit chilly and I my jacket wasn't warm enough so I decided to go inside the store. I go in but a Costco lady stops me dead on my tracks and asks for my membership card. Told her I didn't have any. She points me to the area where I could get a day pass. I certainly wouldn't get a membership card especially since I don't drive and I live quite far so what's the point.

Anyways, the store isquite busy. The extras and their carts, about 5 of them, wait for their cue while I hang out close by for a bit. Fearing I'd be tossed out of the store, I decide to head towards the pass/membership card counter. IT's the first time I ever set foot in there so I'm totally clueless about the process and structure of the building. As I walk on, I see this small food court. Since it's close to dinner time I decide to grab a bite to eat. I figure it's cheaper than getting a membership card.

After I finish my meal I walk towards the exit area clutching my drink where another Costco lady checks out customer receipts. Customer traffic is held up while the shoot begins. A lady TP staff listens to instructions in her walkie-talkie and yells out the cue. A moment of lull ensues and I grab the chance to sidle up to her. Feigning innocence, I go and ask her.

Me: So, what is this movie you're shooting?

Her: It's called The Pacifier.

Me: (Subtly) Oh, that's the one with Vin Diesel, right?

Her: Yes Before I could squeeze out more info, her walkie-talkie goes off and she starts to do customer traffic.

She pleasantly apoligizes to the long line of customers for the delay due to the ongoing movie shoot. A man asks her what the hold up is about. She explains they're shooting the movie TP outside with some kids, kinda like the Kindergarten Cop movie. She goes on to say they're shooting some scenes at Costco and the guy seems perplexed about this so she explains Costco was specifically written into the script and that they're doing the action scenes in some place that I could hardly hear. I thought I heard her say Florida. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Vancouver. I try to pipe in but the Costco lady at the entrance starts to question my presence. I tell her I'm waiting for my cousins. She asks if I had gone inside the warehouse. Told her I just got as far as the food court. Then she tells me to have my backpack checked out. Immediately after, I decide to go outside lest I get kicked out or charged with loitering or something.

The kid actors now rehearse a "fight" scene. Three girls stand in front of the table cheering on another girl cartwheeling over a boy scout down on all fours then pulling his left hands behind his back after which the she sits on his back with a triumphant smile on her face. They go over this a couple of times through the help of a stunt instructor.

As I watch from a fairly good distance, I spot a lady staff eating pizza and I go with my now famous intro lines:

Me: So, what's this movie you're shooting now? Her: It's The Pacifier.

Me: (My other famous follow up question) With Vin Diesel?

Her: Yeah

Me: and also Lauren Graham, right?

Her: She nods and goes I believe that's her name.

Me: Are you shooting some scenes with Vin Diesel?

Her: No, just the kids.

Me: But he's in town, right? (As if I didn't know. Just a couple a nights before, his name was mentioned in the stars sightings segment of the 6 o'clcock news).

Her: Yeah...

Me: (Trying not to sound giddy) What about Lauren? Before she could answer, someone yells out to us onlookers (practically just me and two other ladies) to move back a little.

So I continue to watch the scene - rehearses and takes - while scanning the entire area for Lauren, including allcvehicles close and far to the set. Boy, was it freezing, wind chill and all. Poor kids in their brownie and boy scout uniforms. In between rehearsals and takes the staff would rush to hand them blankets and jackets.

Needless to say, there wasn't any Lauren at all. The clapper says take 7 or was it (8?). As soon as I heard someone yell check the gate I knew it was time to call it a day. After nearly freezing to death for over a couple of hours it's time to head home. But I'll be back today. Who knows, Lauren might just show up. I know for sure Faith Ford isn't in town because she was just at Regis & Kelly Live (unless it was taped earlier). I'm not giving up hope that I'd see Lauren. I gave up the chance to see see her at the SMASH talk due to the SARS scare. I'm counting on my lucky stars to make this happen. You bet I'm I'll be back here for a full report. Wish me luck!

[ 05-04-2004: Message edited Ellevee ]
Ellevee: Yeah...Well, thank you so much Lauren. You don't know how much this means to me.
Lauren: (Smiles and nods) Bye Ellevee. Take care. Ellevee: Bye Lauren
Avi by Ele
Old 05-04-2004, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

Good luck next time you try and see her, Ellevee!

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 05-04-2004, 08:56 PM
New Fan

I'm watching queer eye for the straight guy and there was a commercial for the new season of Celebrity Poker Showdown. It just said new season big stars. They showed lauren along with her name. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LaurenLover:
<STRONG>I'm watching queer eye for the straight guy and there was a commercial for the new season of Celebrity Poker Showdown. It just said new season big stars. They showed lauren along with her name. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Ah! I've gotta try and catch that, thanks for the heads up Brielle. Did you notice if they had a start date for the new season?

Ellevee, sounds like a cool outing even if Lauren wasn't there. I hope you have better luck next time, you're lucky to be living close to the shooting location!

[ 05-05-2004: Message edited A. B. Normal ]
Old 05-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't get Bravo [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2004, 06:02 PM
New Fan

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure it was May 24th. =) Not sure what the date is of the one she'll be on but she'll be there sometime. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

edit:
She will be on June 17th
Game 4 Premieres 9/8pm Thursday, June 17

page for game dates and players

[ 05-05-2004: Message edited LaurenLover ]
Old 05-05-2004, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LaurenLover:
<STRONG>She will be on June 17th
Game 4 Premieres 9/8pm Thursday, June 17 </STRONG>
That is soooooooooooooooo far away! Ugh. Oh well, how gorgeous is that picture!?! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Thanks again Brielle! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Cool.
Playing for: Revlon/UCLA Women's Cancer Research Program

[ 05-05-2004: Message edited A. B. Normal ]