Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

The cigarette comment is hilarious but I so don't like her smoking...
And I love Ausiello every day more lol...
Old 07-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think we all do things that can potentially be catalysts for disease / cancer or just poor health in general. It's often either ignorance or "that won't happen to me" syndrome. Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the U.S. Does everyone take the recommended precautions that may prevent it? Most don't. Even if there was absolute proof--without a fraction of doubt--that sun rays cause skin cancer and smoking causes lung /whatever cancer, that people would still smoke / not wear sunscreen. It's very easy to turn a blind eye when you're immersed in addiction or habit. It can be really difficult for some people when they have to give all their self-control to diet and exercise and other things to have enough energy left to deny themselves something they feel they really need to function (or just really really want). We pick our battles.

Maybe she'll be more inclined to quit when she doesn't have such a crazy-hectic schedule.

Old 07-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Loyal Fan

I smoked for 13 years even though 3 of my grandparents died from some sort of cancer. All three of them smoked too. It is a very hard thing to quit. I am almost on 7 months cold turkey, and it was the hardest thing I have ever done.

Old 07-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Passionate Fan

My grandfather died of lung cancer. He couldn't give up smoking. With Lauren's schedule being as it is, it really is no wonder she smokes. Not that I think she should. Some people smoke when they are stressed. When things settle down, maybe she'll stop. I hope so anyway. I want Lauren around for a long time.
It's my ARMOR."
Old 07-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

I am a smoker for 8 years now .. I´m not a regular smoker , which means i dont smoke a pack a day ..soemtiems 2 or three days pass without me having smoked a single cigarette

but I think for people with this scedule.. they need some sort of .. hmm.. i dont know how to call it .. but well I think she drinks coffee for her energie and becasue she likes it and she smokes ro relase her stress (well at least thats my opinion) and may she will quit again .. who knows .. its none of my business. I know that you can get cancer from smoking but also some people getting cancer without even having smoked a single cigarette...

@ gilmore_maniac.. congrats .. you can do it ..

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipcom
Ausiello at the WB Press Tour:

11:40 Janollari concedes that he was "terrifically disappointed" that Gilmore Girls and Lauren Graham were denied Emmy nods. "We all walked around very gloomy on that Thursday morning," he says, "as did Amy [Sherman-Palladino, the show’s creator] and Lauren." And me. Don’t forget about me.
Oh poor Lauren. I'm sure was upset but actually hearing about her being upset makes me so sad for her. She really deserved that nomination.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Addicted Fan

yes..it´s really heartbreaking!!! poor Lauren.......

Tamy
Old 07-25-2005, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

I'm surprised noone posted this from Kristin's chat.

kevin_halliwell asks: I don't see how those emmy voters can live with themselves. It's been 2 weeks and I'm still mad with no Lauren Graham there How about you?

Kristin: AND HOW. I actually saw her at the WB party and got a chance to tell her so in person. She was legitimately touched and said, “You know, it really is nice to be part of that conversation and it's something that, I don't know, we do want it for the show, but we felt like we had a nice year, and people appreciated it, so that was nice, you know?”

Twitter: nlm78
Old 07-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Lauren's always so humble. Thanks so much for posting that Nadine.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Where is a link to Kristens chat? (any help would be awesome)
Old 07-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Addicted Fan

OMG..again..its totaly heartbreaking.......

Tamy
Old 07-26-2005, 03:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

on sunsentinal.com

Gloomy Girls

The WB was bummed when it wound up with only two Emmy nominations, both in relatively minor technical categories. The network was optimistic that Gilmore Girls and some of its other series would be recognized.

"Honestly, we're terrifically disappointed," Entertainment President David Janollari said. "We thought that this was the year [Gilmore Girls] had broken through in an even bigger way. Creatively, I think it was its strongest season ever. We all walked around very gloomy that Thursday morning."

"Lauren Graham was just extraordinary this year," WB Chairman Garth Ancier added.

The WB got mad and it will attempt to get even. Violating an unwritten rule in the business that the rest of TV give the Emmys as much of a free ride as possible, the WB has scheduled the broadcast network premiere of Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers opposite the Emmys on Sept. 18.

Janollari insists the scheduling decision was made before the Emmy nominations were announced, but he offered no explanation for why it wasn't made public until now.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-26-2005, 03:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
"Lauren Graham was just extraordinary this year," WB Chairman Garth Ancier added.
Yes she was. Everyone in the world can see it except those stupid Emmy voters. Thanks for posting it.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

Wow. That comment from Lauren is amazing. She really is so amazingly humble and appreciative of the fans and stuff like that. Amazing.

and yay for the WB being pissed as well. That makes me feel better.

RIP Gilmore Girls. RIP Veronica Mars.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by motylik20
Wow. That comment from Lauren is amazing. She really is so amazingly humble and appreciative of the fans and stuff like that. Amazing.

and yay for the WB being pissed as well. That makes me feel better.
ITA with that! She does know that we are totally appreciative! Makes me feel better too!

avi credit to lovely lauren