Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazman (View Post)
Who is this Kate you speak of
Exactly.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 03-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
...anyone else got distracted while Kate was talking by Lauren in the background?
who wasn't?

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 03-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

I was definitely watching Lauren behind Kate too.lol

there´s a interview with Nick Adams. he talk mostly about his muscles but you can see longer clip of dancing from GaD too.lol

BWW TV STAGE TUBE: GUYS & DOLLS' Nick Adams Visits FOX's Good Day NY (Video Content) (BroadwayWorld.com)

Old 03-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Chazman.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks chazman for the DL copies.

Quote:
...anyone else got distracted while Kate was talking by Lauren in the background?
I didn't notice her too busy looking at Lauren
Old 03-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for all the latest vids and info, everyone! Loved the video bit about Sound of Music
Old 03-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

review from LJ

Quote:
Finally, Lauren Graham showed up wearing a NY Giants ski cap and was signing autographs as well including a t-shirt that said "Team Lauren" for a young girl. Hurried, though she was, I don't think she missed a fan's request, even suggesting that the fans take pictures paparazzi-style because she knew her "people" were going to whisk her away.
Googling God: Guys and Dolls

and not so good one

Quote:
I think the most disappointing of the three trainwreck performers was Lauren Graham. I do not just say that because I am a Gilmore Girls fan, but more because I am an Adelaide fan. That is a show-stealing part that has been on my Dream Roles list basically ever since I became interested in musical theater. It is a great part filled with funny line after funny line. Lauren Graham had no timing for any of her lines and maybe got four laughs the entire show. She was so dull and did not make any character choices, other than having the typical Adelaide voice. Even "Adelaide's Lament" was unbearable.
Serena's Fierce Broadway Blog: "In Other Words, Just From Having No Energy and Being Completely Miscast, a Person Can Be In A Horrible Broadway Show!"

Old 03-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Katka

I want a Team Lauren shirt.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Haha, me too
Old 03-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Katka
Old 03-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

And I just saw you put in that second review in your post, Katka. Adelaide's Lament makes me nervous whenever I hear it. Lol.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Lauren Graham had no timing for any of her lines and maybe got four laughs the entire show
We have proof that this is not true.

Thanks for posting, Katka!

LukeLorelai|EdwardBella|RK
Old 03-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iapi173 (View Post)
We have proof that this is not true.
Agreed. There are certain scenes where she get more than four laughs within a two-minute span. They are definitely underrating her performance.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Katka for the reviews.
*Raises hands* I also want a "team Lauren" t-shirt.

Okay, now my review of today's show. It was fabulous. I can't say enough about it. I think Lauren did even better today then she did on Tuesday night. My friend and I were sitting in between 2 couples and one couple was telling us how they read the reviews after they bought the tickets and were scared to come. I assured them that the reviews were not fair and the show was wonderful. The couple on the other side of us were telling us how their friends saw the show and loved it and told them not to pay any attention to the bad reviews. I assured them that their friend was right.

After the show both couples told me that I was totally right. They both loved the show and thought Lauren did wonderful. My friend and the 2 couples both started talking about how they didn't think that Lauren would have such strong, powerful and beautiful voice. They all stated that they were pleasently surprised and thought Lauren did great.

Once couple along with my friend did not like Oliver at all. They thought that he was flat, didn't put anything into the character and played the character as through there was "something wrong with him". They felt that Oliver dragged Lauren down and Lauren could have had a better co-star. They felt that Oliver was not cast right at all.

As I was walking out of the theater, I over heard 2 young girls (about early to mid 20's) stating how they loved the show and how wonderful Lauren was. Another couple (mid 40's) also stating how much they loved the show. I started laughing because I heard the wife say "man, Lauren Graham has a great @ss"! The husband, lauging of course agreed with his wife. My friend also commented on what a great body Lauren has.

Since I was just at the show on Tuesday night I decided that I was going to hang back and just observe everyone by the stage door. While waiting for the stars to come out I happened to start talking to this girl Alyssa (I believe that is her name I am so bad with names). She was showing the people where to stand for autographs and where not stand. She told me that she worked in the general managers office of the theater. I asked her if she heard the rumors about the show closing and she said that she had and started laughing stating that it wasn't true. We ended up having a conversation about the official reviews and if they hurt the show at all. According to Alyssa before the show even officially openened and the reviews came out they were way booked in advance for Guys & Dolls. She told me that the month of March is doing excellent. She tried to book a group for March 22nd and she wasn't able to do it because they were sold out. She went onto tell me that the reviews haven't hurt the show at all (not selling seats) however, they haven't helped the show either by doubling or tripling the sales. She stated that as of right now the show is doing just fine and Lauren is bringing in the most fans. She stated that there are a lot of young girls coming to the show just to see Lauren and they have all of their Gilmore Girls stuff to sign. Lastly, Alyssa stated that things with the show are good right now and it will be going on for a while.

Okay, videos of the stage door and more of my conversation with Alyssa in the I Met Lauren Graham Thread.

ETA: That last reviews Katka posted IMO is wrong. Today (And also on Tuesday night) Lauren got a lot of laughts. Whenever she threw a joke and was supposed to get laughs she did. As for Adelaides Lament people seemed to love it both nights I was there. They clapped and and seemed to be in aww when she sang it. Also, I didn't notice any changes or mistakes today. Everything seemed to go on as they were supposed to.
*Avi by danielle_xo*
Old 03-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
started laughing because I heard the wife say "man, Lauren Graham has a great @ss"! The husband, lauging of course agreed with his wife. My friend also commented on what a great body Lauren has.
That made me laugh

Great to hear that the show wasn't hurt by the reviews

Thanks for sharing again, Deana
Can't wait to see the vids and read all about the stage door!

LukeLorelai|EdwardBella|RK