Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-21-2004, 07:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Ok not to start the whole debate all over again, but someone responded to my post about LG/SP over at TWoP, and I hate that this rumoring is still going on. He/she linked to a previous spoilers thread where there was major talk about the state of LG/SP's relationship. The thread is here

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

I so agree to everyone saying that it might be weird for Lauren if she suddenly realises that she's enjoying kissing her friend more than she should

RIP Gilmore Girls. RIP Veronica Mars.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

All I'll say on the issue (and I have no inside sources) is so what if there's tension, it only adds to the relationship they portray on the show - if it was red roses 24/7 it'd make for a very dull relationship and also on-screen chemistry

So I don't mind, as long as we see their chemistry maintained on screen I don't give a continental.

Now speaking of that chemistry and we mentioned before in the thread about stuff that was ad-libbed (aka body language) that wasn't in the script and that's been added by the actors.

Little things like in the last ep the Cool Hand Luke - jabbing Luke in the stomach, Luke grabbing Lorelai's back after the hug, etc.

Anyone else think of any that L/S may have added?

(not that I'm trying to get this off the whole tension topic or anything)

Twitter: nlm78
Old 10-21-2004, 11:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Re: the guy friends she's kissed: So that means either Scott is so much different than the other non-worthys.. erm-- guys, in regards to how much he means to her; or she really really liked and was very close to all the others, therefore making it more comfortable to kiss them. I realize it doesn't have to be either of these, but I like either/or scenarios and the fact that the second one seems less probable is good for this thread.

Quote:
Anyone else think of any that L/S may have added?
It's fun to analyze this stuff. Wouldn't it be nice if during every episode there was a tiny popup that indicated whether each L/L gesture was scripted or not?

Old 10-22-2004, 01:00 AM
Ultimate Fan

I love that Lorelai was calling him Cool Hand. And that Luke didn't mind at all. I've never watched that movie.. I need to rent it sometime.

I think the small things they do are ad-libbed. Like small touches, things we normally wouldn't notice unless you watch it more than once just to catch these things.

I can imagine Lauren getting a bit scared if she sees herself enjoying Scott a little more than she should. Scott doesn't seem like someone that would be freaked out for liking a girl and wanting to be closer to her, so I can see him as being more relaxed.

Lex, I'm PM'ing you back now.

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 10-22-2004, 06:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I can imagine Lauren getting a bit scared if she sees herself enjoying Scott a little more than she should. Scott doesn't seem like someone that would be freaked out for liking a girl and wanting to be closer to her, so I can see him as being more relaxed.
lol i would get scared as well if i would notice that i enjoy kissing a friend more than i usually should. And ia gree that scott seems cooler that way .. but well .. Lauren is also a cool person and if she freaks out that much .. there must be really something

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

You know maybe they really aren't that close and never really got along and that's the reason why Lauren is freaking out so much.

I mean imagine that you have to kiss someone who you don't dislike but you never thought of him as a friend and without that mental closeness, it would be even more frightening to be enjoying kissing him. Because the dislike might have been mutual and now you suddenly like him and have no idea what to do....

That's just one theory that sprung into my mind when reading the latest posts...I like the other theories of them being friends and enjoying kissing too much more though *lol* but I think that this one would be better for writing fanfics

I really don't care if they are close or not...It would be nice if they were but we don't know them enough to be able to judge that. I mean I can imagine what it would be like if a lot of people would be disappointed just because I dislike someone. Most of the time something like that can't be changed.

RIP Gilmore Girls. RIP Veronica Mars.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Aside from me just wanting them to be friendly, from the couple of interviews I've seen them do either together or talking about each other, it sounds like they do at least like one another. In the backstage special, especially, once Scott came out, poor Alexis got left in the dust, Lauren was so focused on Scott and giggling with him. Not that the giggling is unsual for her. She just seemed so dead during most of the interview, until he came out there.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:28 PM
Banned

I have to admit that if they really don't like each other, I wouldn't wanna know....
Back in the good old x files days I've been really disappointed when I found out that GA and DD doesn't like each other. It just kinda ruined every shipper moment...
Old 10-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

That could be true too. Not the hating part..'cause I don't think Lauren ever hated him. But she has mentioned before that even though Scott is fun to be around, she didn't have that much in common with him. That was during the first season. So it would be even scarier falling for someone that you originally viewed as 'not your type'.

Lauren did seem to ignore everyone but Scott when he came out onto the set in the Backstage Special. I don't think she even looked at Alexis or the host once.

I wonder if also, if she can relate to men better than women. She has a lot of girlfriends, we've seen that. But she seems to be more at ease with men. We know she's flirtatious... I wonder if she ever gets herself into trouble with her flirting. Like the flirting goes to far or something.

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 10-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Maybe so. She does seem pretty flirty.
That's part of what makes her so cute. The shamelessness of her flirtyness. I would love to spend an hour with her.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Squeegy
I have to admit that if they really don't like each other, I wouldn't wanna know....
Back in the good old x files days I've been really disappointed when I found out that GA and DD doesn't like each other. It just kinda ruined every shipper moment...
i agree .. i dont wanna know if they do not get along .. and i was very disappointed as well when i find aout after years of shipping them that G.A. and D.D. didnt like each other.. god i wanted oh so baldy to see those two together ..well like now with Lauren and scott.. but i wont give up.. if they will never be an item .. i at least hope that they are good and close frinds

Quote:
Maybe so. She does seem pretty flirty.
That's part of what makes her so cute. The shamelessness of her flirtyness. I would love to spend an hour with her.
she is flirty.. and i love that part of her .. just like you.. just one hour? i´d like to spent my life with her

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-22-2004, 04:42 PM
Absolute Fan

I'd love to spend any time with her! I love her interviews they are just so good, she's flirty but in a cute way. But I love the way Lauren has respect for herself and has strong morals and value which is one of the many things I love about her.

Quote:
'Cause as I think about this.. Lauren has many guy friends in the business who she's had to make out with.. and she never talked about how weird it was to kiss them!
Gilmore Girls has been Lauren's longest job ever so she spent a lot more time with Scott than any of the other actors she would have had to make out with so I'm not surprised than she talks about how weird it is to kiss Scott and didn't say about any other actors. I think that because she mentioned it so many times makes me think 'hmm what's going on there?', it's like a bigger deal to her to kiss him... but why?

Anyway I'm currently writing a Lauren/Scott fic and the 1st chapter will be posted somewhere (not sure where yet) on Sunday so you can all tell me what you think before I do anymore. I have never read one before and I heard people would be interested so... Its SO much harder to write a reality fic than just Luke/Lorelai!!!

Scott/Lauren - Matrix

Here's a wallpaper I did, I just got photoshop though so I'm just learning... I wanted to give it a matrix feel. Kinda like, Gilmore Girls is like the virtual matrix type thing but this is Lauren and Scott in reality.... okay it makes sense in my head lol!!

L/S support #1 ~ L/L supporter #20 ~ WYMM Supporters #48 ~ ILY supporter #94

Last edited by Java_Angel86; 10-22-2004 at 05:00 PM
Old 10-22-2004, 05:30 PM
Supreme Fan

Java_Angel86, just so you know, ff.net doesn't allow real life fics to be posted, so don't upload it there.

Love the fanart!

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Java_Angel86
Anyway I'm currently writing a Lauren/Scott fic and the 1st chapter will be posted somewhere (not sure where yet) on Sunday so you can all tell me what you think before I do anymore. I have never read one before and I heard people would be interested so... Its SO much harder to write a reality fic than just Luke/Lorelai!!!
Hi,

I'm more a lurker than anything else but since it is really not allowed to post real life fics on ff.net anymore (I hate them for that, I mean it's just stories), you could post it here:

There is a category to post real life fics, bit unfortunately there aren't any yet. I am looking forward to your fic anyway! I have always wanted to read one!

Anika

sorry anika.. its not allowed to post a link to a forum in here