Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Supreme Fan

Know what really bugs me?

Someone on TWoP posted that they think that the reason L/L aren't more touchy feely with each other, is because Lauren and Scott don't want to touch each other, let alone kiss each other.

Um, ok, whatever. Then, someone else said that they read the "Guess Who, Dont' Sue" column on FamTracker, and there was a Blind Item mentioning a TV show where a “couple in the making” were having difficulties because of the actors’ dislike for one another, and, they think it's referring to Lauren and Scott.

Grr, I don't like that. I firmly believe that the kissing will happen later on in the season.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

I wish that wasn't even brought up (at TWoP). Now the chain reaction of lies will continue. I remember hearing that a long while ago, but it was definitely not from a reputable source. I've yet to hear anything else to confirm that they despise each other. In fact, I happen to think quite the opposite. I mean, would you tease, speak fondly of, etc. someone you didn't like?

I'm still holding out for next week's epi to see some big kissin'.

Last edited by villette; 10-20-2004 at 08:32 PM
Old 10-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by motylik20
@Suzanne....yes I know that yours is a manipulation...a very good one btw
I was talking bout the picture where she's afraid to touch him *lol* that sounds like a veery long nickname ^^
Okay. That's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure.
And thanks for the compliment.

Yeah, the other one it's like she has her arm really far back and her hand seems tentative on his back.

Tee hee *crush* *crush*
Old 10-20-2004, 11:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

I wouldn't put so much judgement into those promo pics. They were so poised. You can tell the photographer was telling them where to put their hands, head, arms, legs..the list goes on. Although Scott did look very relax and Lauren looks like she's going to explode into giggles!

About TWOP.. that is total crap. Excuse my language. In acting class, if one of us even acted like we didn't want to touch someone or was letting our personal feelings in the way of our acting in a way that affected our acting negatively.. he would tell us right there to get over it. An actor's job is to perform the script, listen to the director and we know there isn't much, if any, improvision on Gilmore Girls. Amy doesn't allow it. Which is one of the main reasons Lauren loves doing movies.. 'cause she can improvise and ad-lib. And she's great at it. But Gilmore Girls is more clean cut and to the point. If Luke and Lorelai don't kiss or touch in a particular scene.. it's because the script and the director didn't call for it.

One of the rules in acting with a love interest is to take one thing you find attractive and build on that. From what Lauren said she's attracted too.. it's not hard for her to find something on Scott that she would find appealing. It may also explain Rory and Dean's lack of chemistry.. due to the fact that they were both first time actors on this show and lack the experience. Lauren studied acting. She knows what to do and she and Scott are professionals to where they are into their characters that when they are acting, you don't see Lauren or Scott. I do like the little things that Lauren does that makes 'Lorelai' more like her in some ways.

And that acting rule about finding something that attracts you to that person is dangerous. 'Cause even if you aren't attracted to that person in the beginning.. you most likely will be by the end. I can see where Amy will say that they have chemistry or that Lauren and Scott see them getting closer as 'weird'. It can be scary. Lauren seems so guarded and doesn't seem to let people in that close, that getting too close to Scott may scare her 'cause she might be afraid of falling for him. The more you spend having intimate time together, the more likely they will fall for each other. And men fall faster than women. And Scott is already looking and acting smitten by Lauren.

I love your wallpaper, Ender's_Jane! It's my desktop picture now.

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 10-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Supreme Fan

Kitty, I love you. Very much. And your post made me happy.

Someone at TWoP even said that if there's a kiss in the script, that the actors get to decide how they want to play the kiss. Um, no, they don't.

Word about Scott's smittenness(is that even a word) with Lauren. IMO, it's pretty damn obvious. Wonder if Lauren notices it. What I would give to be a fly on the wall in a room where the two of them are alone.

Old 10-21-2004, 12:28 AM
Master Fan

I love your post too Kitty! It's interesting to hear about acting methods like that. Haven't both Lauren and Scott run acting courses at one point or another. It's something I'm sure they're very aware of.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thank you. I love you guys too! And Kay I especially loved reading your post over at TWOP on L/L's lack of kissing. I agree, we don't need to see them kissing or having sex every other scene. This is Gilmore Girls.. not Dawson's Creek or One Tree Hill. The chemistry is still there...perhaps I should take this to the episode thread!

Onto the kissing in the script. No way in hell can they kiss the way they want too. The script, itself, will have the stage direction of how the kiss is to be carried out. And the director will be directing them, telling them where to put their heads and hands. Kissing and sex scenes are choreographed. In a sex scene.. there is almost always a person near by making sure the sheets don't fall away and show something that shouldn't be shown. In kissing scenes, the makeup artist is standing right there to touch them up. Except for in movies and some tv shows (like ER), just about every move, sound, object and dialog has a purpose and is choreographed.

Lorelai wearing glasses? Lorelai's wardrobe change.. and yes, her wardrobe has changed slightly since she started dating Luke. Their body language, even placed objects have a purpose. If they are to kiss passionately and they just give each other a pec on the lips, don't ya think the director would correct that. Amy and the cast has said, no improvision and she even noted that in the next episode she let that one guest star, Norman Mailer I think?, break the rules and improvise. So I don't know where the posters on TWOP go off saying that they can do as they please on kissing or that the actors personal feelings get in the way of their acting.

Scott was teaching an acting class down in Hollywood. I'm not sure if he's doing it right now. GG is keeping him pretty busy, though he may still do some classes in the summer. He taught at the same acting studio that my acting teacher went too. It's pretty cool.

Last edited by ~Kitty; 10-21-2004 at 12:36 AM
Old 10-21-2004, 12:54 AM
Master Fan

Ooh, I forgot! Don't know if anyone noticed, I just caught it on my third viewing. After D&R come back with popcorn Lorelai hands Luke his drink and then Lauren patted his leg several times. Think that was written in the script.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Ooh, that's cute! :::runs to rewatch:::

Old 10-21-2004, 01:05 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hmmm.. I don't know. Something small like a leg pat. I can't see that written in a script unless there's a reason for it. Lauren's knack for improvision and breaking rules?! Or Lauren wanting to get a little feel for Scott?

If it's nothing big, I can see the director leaving it in or not even noticing that Lauren did that. hee!

Old 10-21-2004, 01:06 AM
Supreme Fan

Are the actors allowed to decide if they want to use tongue or not? I think I heard that that was their choice.

Old 10-21-2004, 01:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

I think it depends on the kiss. Sometimes they do ask for tongue in the script. I think if it's a passionate kiss, it pretty much means tongue or the actors can decide on that. I'm not so sure on the tongue thing. If I ever have to kiss someone in acting class.. I'll tell ya!

Old 10-21-2004, 01:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Kitty
Lauren's knack for improvision and breaking rules?! Or Lauren wanting to get a little feel for Scott?
I think Lauren has a knack for adding warm little touches whenever she feels the scene calls for it. Like she's said before, her body is really the one vehicle for her skills on GG because she's not allowed much improvisation-little to no dialogue, and her opinions are often shot down. Notice all of the little things she does with Alexis. The forehead wipe last week, and there's a really cute poking thing she did last night when she and Rory sit down for drinks and she says something about Emily's minister.

Have you guys noticed that my third viewing is always reserved for watching Lauren. First one is solo to digest everything, second is with Alicia where everything is hashed out, third Lauren, fourth Gilmore, Java, and any memorably rewatchable scenes.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:48 AM
Master Fan

lol A.B

Yeah I think the body language trying to cause Emily to panic and modelling the Panic Room scene were definitely ab-libbed.

As was the little dig she gave Luke in the mention of the film being "Cool Hand Luke"

Mind you I think Scott improvised with the little pull at Lorelai's shirt in the coming out of the hug scene <g>

Twitter: nlm78
Old 10-21-2004, 01:58 AM
Supreme Fan

He pulled her shirt? What? How did I miss that?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread