Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-15-2006, 04:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Lauren Graham Newsstand - Who Knew.. we can run two threads in less than a week?

continue here

latest news

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipcom
From Ask Matt

Quote:

Question: How can Lauren Graham get nominated for an Emmy in the comedy category when all of her best scenes this season are dramatic (i.e.: the car scene in the final episode)? Do you think Desperate Housewives will sweep the nominations once again? I can probably live with two or three nominated wives, but taking four spots is kind of pushing it. In a sense I think Lauren has a great chance of being nominated because Emmy favorites Patricia Heaton and Sarah Jessica Parker are no longer contenders; and the Housewives aren't as dominant as they used to be. However, she may not get nominated just because this has been the most dramatic (and least comedic) season of Gilmore Girls. Although she did get nominated for a TCA this year. I don't get it. — Jennifer

Matt Roush: Lauren Graham falls between the cracks in so many ways: between comedy and drama, and being on a network, now defunct, that almost never could find its way onto the Emmy radar. The category is a little more wide open this year, which is good news, but the Housewives could be spoilers. My wish, like yours, is that only two Housewives make the cut: Marcia Cross (who should win) and Felicity Huffman (who often rose above her material, and besides, with last year's win and an Oscar nomination, sometimes you just have to face facts). I'm reasonably sure Mary-Louise Parker of Weeds will be nominated, and while I wasn't a fan of the show, The Comeback's Lisa Kudrow was brilliant, and she's a real contender as well. Our fair Lorelai's greatest hurdle, though, will be the Emmy tendency to blindly nominate what's popular and prominent, and that means the category could once again be so heavily weighted toward the ladies of Wisteria Lane that there's no room, as usual, for anyone from Stars Hollow.

And

Quote:
Question: I know it is early, but what are the odds you will get an advance copy of the seventh-season premiere of Gilmore Girls? Why? Because I usually agree with your reviews. Whether or not I see it depends on your opinion (how long I continue to watch the season depends on me). If you report that the premiere gets the show going in a believable and acceptable direction, I will give it a try. If not, I will not even bother taping it (of course, this only applies if you see it before it airs). My stomach still ties itself into a knot every time I think about the Season 6 finale, and much of the second half of that season, and I doubt that will ever change. — DeAnn

Matt Roush: Well, thanks for that vote of confidence. But even if I don't like what I see, if in fact CW or the Warner Bros. studio decides to send out the season opener, something tells me you'll probably tune in yourself, if only out of curiosity. In past seasons, WB did tend to send out the Gilmore Girls opener, and given the controversy surrounding last season's finale and the fact that someone new will be running the show, I would be surprised if they didn't make it available for preview/review. If they don't send it out, it will probably create negative buzz (possibly unfair) that they're trying to avoid bad reviews. For now, I'm keeping an open mind. As with Desperate Housewives, nothing would please me more than for the show to get back on track.
Check out the old thread for more news

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-15-2006, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

your welcoem .. I was a tiny bit faster than you

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-15-2006, 04:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Suz
Old 06-15-2006, 04:52 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Suz.

Thanks for the news, Nadine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke
Is this old or new? It says Lauren is actress of the week but it doesn´t say which week at least I don´t see any date.

http://www.askmen.com/women/actress_...en_graham.html
I don’t think it would be new. I remember I saw this before… or it might have been similar to this? Jeez now I’m not sure. But I guess it's it's old though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
I'm slow and might not be getting it, we're they talking about Lauren's eye sight?
That was the original question:

I read that you wear glases sometimes and you also wear them on the show in some episodes. How bad is your visual acuity?
Old 06-15-2006, 04:52 AM
Master Fan

thanks for the thread suz

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 06-15-2006, 06:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Anita.

and thanks for the new thread Suz
Old 06-15-2006, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

Thanx for the new thread Suz!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 06-15-2006, 06:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeahh new thread !!

Tks
Old 06-15-2006, 06:58 AM
Ultimate Fan

thanks for the thread Suz
Old 06-15-2006, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

Thanx for the new thread Suz
Hadn't had time to catch up on the old one..
Anything interesting apart from the Ask Matt thing?
Old 06-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

We need to see LG again... we saw SP a few days ago at some event, and he wasn't looking so great, we figure its the lack of LG in his life... lol. But seriously, has LG made any public appearences since the finale besides the MA interview?
Old 06-15-2006, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

Ok, and winner of the most stupid question is ...

2. Which of the forum smilies do you find most amusing? I personally enjoy this one happyhappy

Sorry, I have to laugh so hard I have tears in my eyes.

Old 06-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

I'm not registered over there but I was just wondering if she had ever come back to answer any of the questions.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

Sara - Nope, no answer.