Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-26-2004, 01:07 PM
Passionate Fan

This is the first real article about her that I saw in a German magazine. I was very exited when I discovered it.

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
Thanks so much for delurking to post that ch19777 ! How fun!

I`m glad I finally found a reason for quit lurking. I guess I will check out the GG threads as well...
Old 11-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

lol because of lauren and her rabling about pizza i had one today .. with lots of cheese

ch19777 do i know you? you seem so familiar to me

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorelai Obsessed

ch19777 do i know you? you seem so familiar to me
Mmh, I don´t know. Where are you from. I live in Freiberg (Saxony).
Old 11-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

i´m form frankfurt .. hmm maybe from another forum .. hmm and maybe its just imagination

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorelai Obsessed
i´m form frankfurt .. hmm maybe from another forum .. hmm and maybe its just imagination
I`ve been to Frankfurt a couple of times, but don`t really know there anyone...must be your imagination then.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Lauren sounds like she gives good party. OH, and wouldn't a vanilla vodka and coke taste the same as vanilla coke and vodka?

If Lauren likes gourmet food, I invite her to the gourmet cafe I usually go to on Saturday afternoons. I just picked up my lunch which is a quiche filled with salmon, feta cheese, large capers, pumpkin seeds and kumara (sort of a yam, but not). It is to die for. I usually buy the quiche or a filo pastry filled with chicken (or salmon) , kumara and a ricotta cheese mixture. That little concoction has caused riots in the streets, it's that good. They also make their own dressings, pastries and blend their own teas. It would be a great place for Sookie to work.

I have to say I am a bit disappointed in Lauren following trends (the current "in" thing). I really would have thought her the trend-setter more than the trend follower. (have I put her on too high a pedestal? - hmmm) Several times she has mentioned that she had to do something or have something because it was the trend.

Etherial Cyber Note to Lauren :
Come on Graham, create the next "in" thing and become the trend-setter that I suspect lurks within. You are a successful actor, producer, now add trend-setter to your list of accomplishments. I have total faith in you.

Last edited by KiwiKid; 11-27-2004 at 12:57 AM
Old 11-27-2004, 04:16 AM
Addicted Fan

Lauren definitely does seem "trendier" than her castmates. Maybe it's the exposure, all the years working so hard, finally breaking through, that she has succumbed a bit to the ways of Hollywood. She stil seems genuine and nice but there are times I feel she caves in to the pressure placed on her by herself and her peers to "act like a Hollywood actress."
Old 11-27-2004, 04:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

What I have noticed is that it seems to be very important to her to be trendy. That is what surprises me. I would have thought she would be more of her own person, especially at 37. One example is when she thought about getting a tattoo and a bellybutton piercing. She said everyone had them and she felt she should too. she could have been kidding, but who knows?
In the article above she mentions that the vanilla vodka and diet coke concoction is the "in" drink. And yes, I know she is a vodka person, but that comment felt as if that is the reason she is drinking them. I really do need to take Lauren off of the pedestal I have put her on. She didn't asked to be placed there. Pedestal sitting is a big responsibility, which no one should be asked to endure.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sorry for the double post, but it's worth it for a mere mention of Lauren.

Party Girl at E!

Lili Claire Foundation's 7th Annual Benefit Gala

Not only is the Lili Claire Foundation's 7th Annual Benefit Gala the perfect occasion to don my newest little black cocktail dress, it's also a great chance to check on the do-gooder ways of celebrities. After all, we know they are blessed with fabulous riches, so how exactly do they give back? Well, tonight cover girls like Lisa Kudrow and Lauren Graham are coming together at L.A.'s swanky Century Plaza Hotel to lend support (and dollars) to help individuals living with autism, Down Syndrome and William's Syndrome.

Though the night's cause is serious, host Matthew Perry keeps the mood festive with an injection of Chandler. He glibly begins the evening's presentation with this tongue-in-cheek announcement: "People think I showed up to help the children...but really, I just showed up to prove I'm still in show biz."

Too Glam! "I'm at work, like, 14 hours a day," moans Lauren Graham, whom I rarely see dancing on tables around town. "That really curbs my partygoing. So, if I can get out during the week, it's thrilling!" And since tonight's subject is dear to her boss at the WB, she has good reason to pull a late-nighter. "This foundation has my attention because of Peter Roth, whose daughter is autistic and a lovely person," says Graham. "It's something that brings it home to me."
Old 11-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for that article. KiwiKid!
Quote:
Originally posted by KiwiKid
What I have noticed is that it seems to be very important to her to be trendy. That is what surprises me. I would have thought she would be more of her own person, especially at 37.
Good examples with the tattoo and belly button ring, as well as the drink. It is true that Lauren seems to make comments that would lean me towards thinking she cared about her "status." For example, her obsession with getting the "front row" Lakers tickets, and how she was sitting up a few rows, when Steven Spielberg waved, and she had no idea. Very tongue-in-cheek, talking about how the celebrity cam at those games would never show her, because no one would know who she was. Later, there are some pictures of her singing courtside talking to Cindy Crawford, so I guess she got her wish.

Anyhow, she's quite good as making fun of herself, and her unknown status, but I wonder if that is an indication she wishes to be better-known. (We don't see Nicole Kidman - though she is extremely shy - joking about people not being able to recognize her, if you know what I mean.) I think Lauren is a wonderful person in that she seems very gracious to normal pedestrians, but once in "Hollywood" mode, I see her switching gears to caring a bit more about what her peers may think of her. And you are right, Kiwi, at 37, that seems a bit late to be discovering one's self. (Maybe Alexis should rub off on Lauren just a tad in this particular area.)
Old 11-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for that Paula. I didn't know Peter Roth's daughter has autism.

I think Lauren's always been self-depricating. It's endearing if anything. If Lauren cared about her status that much I doubt the last 3 events she went to would have been a movie premiere for 2 friends and two charity events. As for Laker game status, she genuinely enjoys watching the team, and the fact that she couldn't even fathom Speilberg waving to her says a lot.

Last edited by A. B. Normal; 11-27-2004 at 08:02 PM
Old 11-27-2004, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Who is Peter Roth?

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 11-27-2004, 07:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Çherié £u£u
Who is Peter Roth?
He is the president of WB television production.

http://www.worldscreen.com/interview...ename=0504roth
Old 11-27-2004, 11:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
Thanks for that Paula. I didn't know Peter Roth's daughter has autism.
Didn't you get the newsletter?

Quote:
I think Lauren's always been self-deprecating. It's endearing if anything. If Lauren cared about her status that much I doubt the last 3 events she went to would have been a movie premiere for 2 friends and two charity events.

Well that would depend upon the intent behind the self-depreciation. Some people (maybe not Lauren) use it to verify their worth or perhaps to gain compliments (low self-esteem), while others truly feel that way (acceptance of position in life). I found (and also in my studies) that when the self-depreciating routine is used on a frequent basis, it is usually for the former reason and not the latter. As for finding it endearing, I do find it endearing, when it's real.
As for why she attends the events she does? I would expect her to attend the event for her friends. I would hope she attends the charity events because a) she wants to b) she believes in the charity/cause c) she feels her celebrity can help the charity bring in more money. She even mentioned in the E! interview that she doesn't get out much and that if it wasn't for Roth and his daughter (and I suspect an invitation from Matthew) she wouldn't be there. Most events are by invitation only (usually invites go to "A" listers i.e. Kidman, Stone, Perry, Theron, and the like first, then well established/liked "B" listers) and if you are not invited, you don't go. You can try and wangle an invite, but that may not always work. Remember when she was on Letterman and she mentioned the Celebrity Softball game?

Quote:
As for Laker game status, she genuinely enjoys watching the team, and the fact that she couldn't even fathom Spielberg waving to her says a lot.
I hope she really does like watching the Lakers, I know I do (but I'm a Celtics fan to the end). Aah, Mr.Spielberg not recognizing her, she may truly be surprised, that I believed. He is a very busy man and not all Hollywood types watch a great deal of television (or so they say in interviews). And as it has been pointed out on many occasions, by many different celebs, not everyone in the business knows everyone else in the business. Lauren is not an "A" lister, yet. She may be with us, but not in Hollywood's eyes, not yet. The most exposure and publicity she got was the first season of GG (people first noticed what a great talent she was) and when she was "dating" Matthew. She really does need to get out more. Then again, she is an admitted homebody.

None of us knows for sure why she does or says what she does, we are not in her head. We do not know Lauren. What we do know (apart from her talent, humour and beauty) is that she admits to having private/secret agendas where she doesn't tell a soul about what she wants or how she is going to go about getting what she wants and she also admits to not telling the whole truth in interviews (professional liar is what she called herself), (maybe she even makes up a lot of it). I also suspect we do not see the real Lauren in interviews (Letterman, Conan). She always seems to be in "perform mode" and never seems lets her guard down or us in. Well, except maybe slightly with Ellen and on more serious shows, like "Today". That is one of the reasons I want to see her interviewed by Charlie Rose and people like him. I would like to see the real Lauren Graham, I would like to know who she is. Now don't go away thinking I'm down on Lauren or that I don't adore her, because I do and I know you know that I do. I am just an observer of human nature and that doesn't stop (nor does the truth (my opinion) of what I see/feel) just because I am a life-long, big-time admirer of the person I am observing. If you would like to discuss this, just let me know, because I have a lot more to say.

Just a little postscript here:
Actually this whole thing (observation and going through the above explanation) comes from a genuine caring for Lauren and also liking her and what I see in her.

Last edited by KiwiKid; 11-28-2004 at 12:13 AM
Old 11-28-2004, 12:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Lauren will be on KTLA next week. I just heard them announce it.

And her Seinfeld ep is on this Wednesday.

About the trendy thing. She can still be her own person. Just because she likes to have some fun and do something crazy doesn't necessarily mean she's going with the Hollywood crowd. The 'in' drink seemed more like something her and her friends cooked up rather than a drink at a popular club. I live near L.A. and do have friends in the business who like to go to clubs and they never heard of that drink. I think she's a trendsetter amongst her friends. She's so outgoing I can see her friends mimicking her rather than her copying the Hollywood crowd.

I think the tattoo and belly ring were jokes. Even so, I'd love to see her with a small tattoo.. that'll be cute. But it would be her own choice.. she can get a tattoo without being labled as being 'Hollywood'.

She loves basketball and she loves going to charities to help out. Nothing wrong with that. If she uses her celebrity status to help out.. then more power to her. I doubt she would attend anything if she truly didn't care about it. Why would she, she works so many hours I don't see her wasting her time at events if she didn't care.

She does seem trendier than her castmates.. maybe except for Scott and his Benz! I think she likes to have fun sometimes and there is nothing wrong with that..she works hard enough, she deserves it. It's funny how both Scott and Lauren throw parties for no reason.. they are more alike than they probably want to admit.

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert

Last edited by ~Kitty; 11-28-2004 at 01:17 AM