Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Supreme Fan

Aw, man, that's too bad!

Thanks for sharing, though, it's so cool when someone from the boards meets the cast!

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Extreme Fan

jsut wanted to let people know i edited my last post and added somethings.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganX2
yeah it was pretty cool. i dont have a scanner so i cant put anything on here, plus i still have like 20 pics left on my camera. sorry!!
We love randomness, especially if it includes a GG encounter, trust me. That sucks about the scanner...I'm guessing they weren't taken with a digital camera. Ah well, I had to ask.

So any anecdotes in place of pictures? LG and SP came and left separately, did they just walk up to the building? (Hilton or not?) Did you see any of the cast ever talk to each other? What'd Lauren say when you asked for a picture and autograph, a lot of fan encounters I've heard she tries to get two pics in in case the flash doesn't work and whatnot. Were you with a group? How many photographers did you notice?

Can you tell I enjoy details? Heh.

ETA: LMAO, Kelly Bishop rocks. I would have died laughing if I'd heard her say that. If I were Jacob I'd have said "Can you sign it Emily Gilmore?"

Seems Lauren was questioning ASP's choice of wisecracks.

Quote:
'Gilmore' Girl Compares 'Idol' to Nazis, Fall of Poland
Gilmore Girls Executive Producer Amy Sherman-Palladino had some choice words for ratings behemoth and time-slot rival American Idol at a WB TCA panel for her show Saturday. (Both shows air Tuesday at 8 p.m.)

"American Idol is like the Nazis marching through Poland," she said. "You just got to let them go. Get out of the way. We're kind of France going, 'You know, just don't burn down Paris, that's all we're asking.'"

Asked by one of her shows' co-stars, Lauren Graham, if that was really the analogy she wanted to go with, Sherman-Palladino responded that's how she looked at it.

Sherman-Palladino's co-executive producer (and husband) Daniel Palladino piped up with his own joke about homicidal political regimes: "We tried to slip some dioxin into [American Idol creator Simon Fuller's coffee once, and it didn't work."
Old 01-23-2005, 09:17 PM
Supreme Fan

It seems like the press is really gonna have a field day with that quote. I don't see the big deal, but, I guess I can understand why some people might have a problem with it.

LG was probably just trying to prevent ASP from getting in trouble with the press. Not that ASP really cares what anyone thinks about her, though.

Thanks for the article, Xel!

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Extreme Fan

i didnt see any of them talking to each other, but i was outside and they were all inside and all arrived seperately. i believe they were all driven in cars except lauren who drove herself.

i have to say that all though i was very happy to see all the cast members that i did, i was sad that other cast memebers werent there.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

She drove herself? Keepin it real. Yeah, I'm surprised more didn't go, (it was just Scott, Lauren, Alexis, Kelly, Ed -although, you really lucked out with those!) I don't think Keiko or Yanic or even going to the 100th episode Q&A.

I wonder if we'll see some of this encounter on the TV Guide channel, that's the host Katie Wagner.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

lol it depends if Lauren was driving her Porsche or another car - seriously if I had a Porsche I'd be driving myself to an event

ETA: Lex I was trying to figure out where I had seen that woman before - who knows you might have to keep an eye out just in case. I have a feeling most of the entertainment programs will be having coverage of it.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 01-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipcom
lol it depends if Lauren was driving her Porsche or another car - seriously if I had a Porsche I'd be driving myself to an event

ETA: Lex I was trying to figure out where I had seen that woman before - who knows you might have to keep an eye out just in case. I have a feeling most of the entertainment programs will be having coverage of it.
Katie Wagner works for CMT, She does the countdown and sometimes does the special interviews for some of their specials, you might know her from there.

Alexis- Hey, I'm looking for Kelly's song 'Don't" or 'I Hate Love' and I think you gave me a link for it before, I was wondering if I could have it because I can't find it anywhere to download.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 01-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherié £u£u
Katie Wagner works for CMT, She does the countdown and sometimes does the special interviews for some of their specials, you might know her from there.

Alexis- Hey, I'm looking for Kelly's song 'Don't" or 'I Hate Love' and I think you gave me a link for it before, I was wondering if I could have it because I can't find it anywhere to download.
http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...L2TM3PRMSC5PHQ

Hey, I just remembered Katie Wagner had a part in Dill Scallion. That movie makes me laugh. When she pulls Kathy Griffin's hair? Oh man.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Master Fan

Yeah we use to get CMT a while back before they pulled it off the pay-tv here - between that and seeing online little tvg tidbits it makes sense now where I've seen her before. (love that pic Lex)

lmao one of the affiliates that has published the Scott AP article has put as the headline:

HE ONLY PLAYS A LOVER ON TV

Twitter: nlm78
Old 01-23-2005, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipcom
Yeah we use to get CMT a while back before they pulled it off the pay-tv here - between that and seeing online little tvg tidbits it makes sense now where I've seen her before. (love that pic Lex)

lmao one of the affiliates that has published the Scott AP article has put as the headline:

HE ONLY PLAYS A LOVER ON TV
LMAO, aw, poor Scott. Actually, I'm cracking up because like 25 online newsources alone are running that quote. He's just going to get asked about it even more now!

Too bad I wasn't an uber LG fan in 1999, they shot that scene in New Orleans. It's probably the only time Lauren's ever been or ever will be to Louisiana. *sigh*
Old 01-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Lauren's Carmen Marc Valvo Critics' Choice Gown is available to buy...
bidding starts at $1,000.00 - 6 days left to bid

http://www.cmarket.com/catalog/itemD...34107148509ff5

I wish her jewelery was available to bid on

LUKE: Want some coffee?
LORELAI: Oh, say that again slower and with your pants off.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, really, the jewelry is killer, I really wish someone would have asked her where it was from. They're selling her shoes though! Hee! I wear the same shoes size as Lauren (8.5)! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Lauren+Charity, great combination!

Old 01-24-2005, 04:15 AM
Master Fan

Logan it's awesome that you got to meet them in person. I'm soo jelous. It's great that Lauren drove herself. *lol*

ASP cracks me up. She's hilarious.

RIP Gilmore Girls. RIP Veronica Mars.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:25 AM
New Fan

gaaaah okay that's it, I'm packing all my stuff and I'm moving to LA

Wow meet them in person that's a dream that's probably never gonna come true....

*loool* If you spell it with a b then don't say it with a P *lmao* I would've DIED from laughter right then and there Kelly cracks me up...

Hey... do you guys know if Lauren was at the Satellite Awards? Cause there are no pics of her at Daily Celeb, so...

She's got my McDog and my McDreamy... she's got my McLife!