Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Total Fan

Planned Parenthood is a great organization.

I know it helps out girls who don't have the medical needs to care for themselves or their unborn babies and provides any necessary care for mother and child.

However the org. does support abortions and a women's right to choose. Sadly my cousin went their and had one when she was a teen and had to go through the massive amount of protestors calling her a baby killer and screaming and throwing things at her! It was horrible. But my cousin was young, in school, jobless, immature and had no way of providing any kind of care for a baby. She did what SHE THOUGHT she needed to do at that time. The people at PP were very conforting - because my cousins GYN was very mean and dismissive towards her when she confronted her about having one.

Anyways, good for her for doing what she feels she needs to do to help.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

Sorry to hear about your cousin! I had a friend who had an abortion and now she wishes she hadn't but she was 16...The only think that irks me though is if you're 'old' enough to have sex...then you need to deal with the consequences..so...but I've never been in that situation, like your cousin Joy or my friends so I guess that's not fair to say...
Old 04-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Total Fan

no and I certainly agree with you. I think that sex is a big responsibility and if your willing to take the plunge you have to be willing to deal with the consequences....my cousin certainly wasn't a baby she was 18 but her boyfriend was abusive and it wouldn't have been a good situation....but I am pro choice and believe any women should have the right to choose.

I am not familiar w/ Lauren's religion but I do believe that you can be raised a certain way but still have the ability to make your own choices in life despite how you may have been raised and taught....I am not religious so I no nothing about the catholic religion but perhaps Lauren has decided to be more open minded considering the role she plays on tv.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Joy I think you are right. In pretty much everything you just stated. I am pro choice as well and believe that every person has the right to choose what they feel is right for them. With Lauren's religion I remember reading that she was raised catholic. Now, I am not religious at all, but I respect those who are. But being religious does not equal you to agree with everything or have to follow it to the bone. She has never come across as extremely religious to me and I think she is great for supporting an organization like PP or any other charity/organization. There should be much more of that in Hollywood.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:47 AM
New Fan

I don't know where ya"ll live but in Dallas you cannot get an abortion at Planned Parenthood. They give counseling, birth control, pelvic exams etc but no abortions. So she is pro choice--who cares.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:30 AM
Elite Fan

Just my two cents- I'm Catholic, and still I'm pro abortion... at least I'd never ever have one but I still think everybody should have the right to choose.
Not all Catholics are narrow-minded...
icon: Permanent_99
Old 04-02-2007, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

wow, I´ve just read Ellen is going to get married this June and that they are planning big wedding with lots of famous people. I bet Lauren will be one of them

Old 04-02-2007, 07:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Vale not at all. I have many friends who are catholic and not at all narrow-minded.

Hee. Ellen is getting married?? Cool.. But.. to who? I have no idea who her girlfriend is. Lauren should at least be invited one would think.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

Ellen is dating actress Portia de Rossi. And Lauren lives in the old Portia´s house now

Old 04-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
Ellen is dating actress Portia de Rossi. And Lauren lives in the old Portia´s house now
but as far as I know the wedding is just a rumour, but who knows.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

well, I read only one article in czech tabloid so who knows. But it would be nice if they get married

Old 04-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Elite Fan

Ellen getting married, wow, cool. i hope Lauren will be invited.

as for abortion, i'm pro abortion too. if someone needs to do it, or wants to do it let them. i mean i would personally never do it, but i'm not against it.
and so what if Lauren is Catholic and pro abortion? not all Catholics are against it.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
wow, I´ve just read Ellen is going to get married this June and that they are planning big wedding with lots of famous people. I bet Lauren will be one of them
nice! I love Ellen. And I know that she is adament on having children too!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Moderator Support Team

wow... didnt know it went so well between her and portia.. congrats

and yes I also hope that lauren will be there... keep fingers crossed

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

I didn´t know she lives in Portia`s ex-house....only thing I know, in the Calabasas magazine they said she lives in the Los Feliz district, in a house that was built by a silent film star in 1921.