Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Passionate Fan

I can't wait for Friday!! I'm going with my friends to see it...they agreed to go only if I sit at least 4 rows in front of them though!
Old 03-01-2005, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so excited to see it (because of Lauren, of course). Luckily my BF likes Vin Diesel, so we can both see it happily, not just as an obligation to another.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipcom
*So you didn't shift your schedule for this movie?

You don't shift [a schedule] around me. God no. We were in Canada, which was fun. It was where we shot the pilot for “The Gilmore Girls” too. Toronto's like my second home.
Yay for Toronto! That's where I live. Hee-hee! Love that she calls it her second home.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 03-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
Yay for Toronto! That's where I live. Hee-hee! Love that she calls it her second home.
That's where I come from too! It so great that she loves T.O.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:26 AM
Master Fan

Gotta love some of these reviews coming out for the film 1/4 2/4 - I'm waiting for a Zero or 1/2 star

Did like this one though:

Also in the cast are television stalwarts Faith Ford ("Murphy Brown"), Brad Garrett ("Everybody Loves Raymond") and Lauren Graham, who is best known for the small screen's "Gilmore Girls" but demonstrated movie-star potential in "Bad Santa." Unfortunately, their talents are squandered.

I completely forgot until today that Brad Garrett is touring Australia in March with his stand-up show - my guess is he'll be promoting the film as well *g*

Twitter: nlm78
Old 03-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Vin Diesel goes Disney in family comedy
MICHAEL CIDONI
Associated Press
Posted on Thu, Mar. 03, 2005

LOS ANGELES - After a string of menacing action roles, Vin Diesel finally participates in a movie that's actually supposed to generate laughs: the Disney family comedy "The Pacifier."

"This film is about a guy who has overcome many obstacles, many missions, and is confronted with the task of baby-sitting a whole family," the baldheaded, musclebound actor told AP Television News at the film's world premiere this week.

"What was so cool about this picture is that it played off the perception of previous characters I've played ("The Fast and the Furious," "XXX") and incorporated that into a comedy. Very funny, so much fun for me."

From director Adam Shankman ("The Wedding Planner"), "Pacifier" casts Diesel as a Navy SEAL out of water: a tough guy who's brought down to size when he's forced into the role of a father figure.

"You know what?" asked Shankman at the Tuesday night premiere. "(Vin is) the new Noel Coward. Thank you, very much - from Adam Shankman," he joked. "No! One of the great things about him doing this is that I told him, 'If you dare to try to be funny, I will literally have you murdered. I will have you murdered, because you are the straight guy in this movie."

The actor's hardcore fans still get a little action, thanks to a scene where Diesel and Brad Garrett (TV's "Everybody Loves Raymond") get down and wrestle. Garrett's the big loser on the screen, but Garrett says a real-life throwdown would be different.

"First of all, I'd take him, I would stick him back in the lamp. That's the first thing I would do," jokes Garrett. "Then I would tell him who his mommy is, and his daddy. I think Vin, if he threw the steroid bottle at me, and I didn't duck in time, I'd get a shiner."

Then Garrett got serious: "No, he could beat me up and he made that clear many times."

In the film, Diesel's not only a fighter, but a lover, locking lips with Lauren Graham (TV's "The Gilmore Girls").

"He's got a really nice mouth," the actress observes. "And he'll let you rub the top of his head because it's all bald up there, you know what I mean? You can be, like, 'Woooooooo!' 'What will the genie grant me today?!' I never actually did that. If I did, I don't think I'd be standing here."

All joking aside, cast consensus is that the their leading man is really a child at heart.

"I haven't done a movie that my niece and nephew can see, my godchildren can see," Diesel says. "When I was growing up, I remember the movies that we went to see as a family, together. And that experience, I think, is cool."

Lordy, Lauren makes me laugh.

'The Pacifier' Surprisingly Delivers More than Expected
Movie Review
By Matt Soergel
Morris News Service
Story last updated at 12:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2005 AP

As movies have long known, a man changing a baby's diaper - when he's not accustomed to such sticky tasks - is a guaranteed laugh-getter.

"The Pacifier" proves that again when Vin Diesel, playing a buff and no-nonsense Navy SEAL, has to baby-sit five suburban kids in their big house while protecting them from terrorists.

A thoroughly mainstream movie from Disney, it comes from the director of "Bringing Down the House," which most people liked more than I did.

You might not expect much from this one. But danged if "The Pacifier" isn't utterly charming and quite a lot of PG-rated fun. Credit Diesel, who's usually one bad (shut your mouth), for a nifty change of pace.

Without once acting overly cutesy, he's a self-deprecating blast as a muscled tough guy dealing with minivans and high-spirited children ("Do you have to wear a bra?" one asks).

Can he defuse the nasty vice principal (an amusing Brad Garrett, the hulking co-star of "Everybody Loves Raymond")? Can he help the girl pass driver's ed? Can he cope with the plight of a boy who only wants to act? Can he bond with some girl Firefly scouts as they sell their fund-raising cookies? And are those sparks that fly when the foxy school principal ("The Gilmore Girls'" Lauren Graham) walks into the office?

Making such a movie is a required career step for tough guys such as Diesel, from Arnold in "Kindergarten Cop" and Hulk Hogan in "Mr. Nanny" to Ice Cube in "Are We There Yet?"

In fact, grumpy Tommy Lee Jones and some cheerleaders are doing the same thing in the next auditorium in "Man of the House."

Still, though there's nothing new here, Diesel and Co. make it a sweetly funny time anyway. There are even a couple of sentimental moments that - hard to believe - actually ring true.

It helps that Diesel's SEAL is not a diehard hater of children, as a lazier script would have it. And it helps that the kids aren't all precocious über-brats, but instead seem, well, kind of normal.

"The Pacifier" smartly shows some actual restraint, and is all the better for it.

It's time to look at love from both sides now.-LUKE & LORELAI

Last edited by onetruething123; 03-03-2005 at 11:29 AM
Old 03-03-2005, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

lmao I was waiting for her to make a comment like that about Vin's bald head

Old 03-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Pacifier
Disney Pictures
LARRY KATZ 02.MAR.05

Vin Diesel has made his name in movies with success in action films such as "XXX," "The Chronicles of Riddick," and "The Fast and the Furious."

In the film "The Pacifier," he tries a family-style comedy with a little action thrown in for good measure.

Diesel is a Navy Seal who gets an odd assignment. He is sent to protect the family of a government scientist who has been assassinated while working on a top-secret project.

He becomes a baby sitter.

"The Pacifier" has an awkward setup. On top of that, the film bears a resemblance to movies like "Home Alone." Much of it is physical slapstick with plenty of toilet jokes and assorted material involving babies.

Diesel must care for five children, including two small tykes and three older children, played by Brittany Snow, Max Theriot and Morgan York.

There are some touching moments here and there, but overall there is not enough really funny humor. There are some light action scenes, as well as some scenes that young children may not feel comfortable with.

The movie makes an attempt to entertain, but largely just goes along and never really gets going. There are weak tries at funny stuff, with Brad Garrett as an assistant principal at the school where the kids are students.

Scenes with Diesel and the top principal [Lauren Graham] of the school are the best in the film.

It's time to look at love from both sides now.-LUKE & LORELAI
Old 03-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

you guys are totally spoiling the whole movie... i already saw it, so i don't mind. but i would hate to have you guys go in there knowing what happens already. oh well... there are still a bunch of jokes that you guys don't know about... hehe i crack up just thinking about them!
Old 03-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

are there soem pics of them kissing? .. i so want to see them .. lol

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow, I've seen previews, but I had no idea Lauren was going to be in this movie.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

Alicia thanks for bringing that across.

Heck I'm a spoiler whore so I don't mind that I'm being spoiled - plus the fact that every article/interview, etc has given away 3/4 of the film it kind of is hard to avoid

At least you guys get the movies this month, I have to wait till April *sigh*

Old 03-03-2005, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

The movie's a little on the formulatic side, wouldn't you say? Then it really isn't spoiling. Bad guys, good guy, babies, love interest, save the day, the end.

Lauren's reviews are always awesome. I guess it's not just us LG fans who find her the highlight of most projects.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

Yeah the critics love her - quite a change from when she was considered the curse of sitcoms back in the 1990's *g*

Regardless though any film that has Lauren, Brad, Tate and the rest of that damn cast, I don't care how Disney formulatic it is I'll be there to see it - just have to convince my 5 year old nephew to see it *g*

Old 03-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. B. Normal
The movie's a little on the formulatic side, wouldn't you say? Then it really isn't spoiling. Bad guys, good guy, babies, love interest, save the day, the end.
Hmm...most of Disney movies are. I don't know a Disney movie that ended so badly that you were shocked. It is very formulatic.

I loved the comment about Vin's bald head. That's hysterical!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove