Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

He pretty much said my last name right the first time, but I guess he got unsure of himself at the end of it Then Lauren said "Krisatanie" lol. But Shehani is pronounced shuh-ha-knee, not she-hay-knee like KP said. But its all good haha, totally worth it

And yup, that's where I go too
Old 11-02-2011, 06:01 PM
New Fan

Newbie Lamb :)

Hi there!

I have come out of lurking finally, hehe. You all seem like a nice bunch.

Name: Jeni
Birthday: 12/22/85
Where are you from? New York
Interests besides Lauren Graham: Music, Laughter, Nature and Learning
Became a Lauren fan: When I was in high school, my friends used to rave about Gilmore Girls. I never gave it a chance and thought it was some stupid WB drama without ever having seen an episode(besides the end of 2.22 when Rory is talking to Christopher...which is also known as not interesting, haa).
When I was about 23, I would get out of work, come home and my sister (who always told me I would love GG if I ever watched it) would have it on and I would catch the tail-end of episodes with her. I started to laugh, and laugh and laugh some more. Next thing I knew we were borrowing GG DVDs from her friend and then buying them and having marathons every week/end, and in a short time were done with the series. I think Lauren Graham is a captivating, beautiful and hilarious person and I have since watched everything she has been in that I can get my hands on. : )
Old 11-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Welcome, Jeni.

Your last sentence says it all. I feel the same way.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

hi Jeni
Old 11-03-2011, 01:42 AM
Master Fan

Nice to have you here, Jeni I think you found the right place to discuss everything Lauren I like your how I became fan story and I love that you are from NY. The more satellite people out there the better Have fun around.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:31 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Welcome, Jeni

Did you see Lauren in G&D? I'm just asking because you're from NYC, wouldn't be so hard to catch her then. Or was that before you were into GG?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hello Jeni Welcome here.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:18 PM
New Fan

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am actually from upstate New York, and have never gotten down to the city to meet Lauren yet. Last month when she was on Jimmy Fallon, me and my sister drove half way to the city to see her, but then realized we wouldn't make it in time and turned back. One of these days, though! hehe
Old 11-14-2011, 07:16 PM
New Fan

I'm hoping there is strength in numbers by introducing myself on the tails of others.

Name: Emily
Birthday: December 26
Where are you from? Canada
Interests besides Lauren Graham: Singing/Musical Theatre, Traveling, Laughing, Watching Movies and TV, Gymnastics, Rowing, and Being Witty.
Became a Lauren fan: I used to watch Gilmore Girls weekly during high school with my whole family. Somehow this show was able to transcend genders and my dad and brother were into it just as much as my sister, mom and I. I fell even more in love with Lauren when I met her in NYC during her run on Broadway in Guys and Dolls.

I've been lurking far too long so I feel like I know some of you already. Time to get to know each other!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Welcome, Emily. I'm glad that you decided to come out and play with us.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Welcome Emily! I'm pretty new here too, but it's really fun. Yeah my brother and dad would sometimes sit down and watch Gilmore Girls with us too, it's such a smart and witty show, almost anyone can enjoy it if they try watching. And that's really awesome you saw her on Broadway!
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 11-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome Shehani, Jeni & Emily! I'm Jen, it's nice to meet you.

Emily, that's cool you met Lauren & saw her in G&D! I'm jealous. Yes, even though it's very much a "chick show", my father loved it. He still quotes Paris to this day...he knows her lines better than I.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:38 AM
Master Fan

Hi Emily Welcome. I feel like we didn´t have canadian here for a long time

It´s so great you had the chance to see Lauren on Broadway

Funny that the men power in your house enjoyed GG too! My dad told me just yesterday "You know what they did to me? They moved Gilmore girls one hour earlier so I can´t watch when I come home from work!" awwww. And they were in the middle of the 7th season, so he´ll miss the better part. Poor him.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Welcome Emily Have fun here
Old 11-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi Emily .Welcome here
Closed Thread   Post New Thread