Old 03-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Lauren Graham Appreciation - Cool, Confident, Gorgeous

banner by Hayley3380

Here is the place we can talk about how much we love Lauren

Last thread

They love Lauren, too

Mae Whitman:
  • I don’t even remember a point when it “clicked.” I do know that she and I immediately had great chemistry, and in a way, I think that’s really rare for people. We have a very, very similar sense of humor and we read the same books and we like the same things, and immediately we got along really well. I love Lauren so much, she’s one of my best friends, and because we have such a similar mentality we’re able to come up with things that are very vulnerable and visceral. I trust her and trust that I can go to those places with her and she’ll be there in those moments. We really lucked out finding that the vibe with each other. "(TVLine - June 2011)
  • "We go to exercise classes together, though she's in much better shape than I am," says Whitman, who's 22 years younger. "She's got such a good head on her shoulders, and I can talk to her about anything, from career things to personal issues. It really is like mother and daughter." (Ladie´s Home Journal, May 2011)
  • "And now Lauren Graham is one of my closest friends." (People, April 2011)
  • sadly Lauren g will never join twitter. shes not an internet guy! but we love her so much (Twitter -23 March 2011)
  • guys Lauren and I are drowning our sorrows in sweater treats she bought us at j crew. her generosity will not go unrewarded #laurenG4eva (Twitter, 14 Mar 2011)

Jason Katims
  • "What impresses me is not only her ability to not only play the humor that's inherent in the scene, but to mine the humor, to find more of those moments," (Emmy Mag no.2,2010)
  • "She´s been wonderful – she met with all the writers, and by the end of the meeting, they were so excited. One thing I´m excited about is how much humor she brings to her work." (More mag, February 2010)

Jason Ritter
  • "I was very excited, she is such a incredible person. I couldn´t wait to act with her. She is so funny and nice and cool. (about playing her love interested) That was the thing that I was terified about. I thought she is going to be like „I have to have a relationship with this guy?“ but she turned out to be good. She really was welcoming to me and made me feel comfortable flirting with her."( Chicago radio interview, November 2010)
  • "She´s such a gift of a person. Luckily, I make her laugh." (TV Guide, Oct. 24 2011)

Richard Dreyfuss
  • "I've only known her as a comedian, so watching her do this is quite extraordinary"(TV Guide, March 2011)

Oliver Platt
  • “She’s like a triple threat. She’s a wonderful actress and on top of that a great comedian, and then she busts out with the singing, and who knew about that?” (Associated Press, February 2009)
  • "We got each other through it. Lauren is one of the funniest people I´ve ever met, but she takes her work really seriously. She is rigorous about rehearsal and her approach to the job.“ (Emmy mag, no.2, 2010)

Diane Keaton
  • "Lauren is a total throwback to an earlier era. There’s a vintage Katherine Hepburn way about her. She’s beautiful, but she’s smart too, and feisty in the best sort of way.” (More mag, February 2010)

Adam Shankman
  • "She´s incredibly smart and incredibly upbeat – always supportive and a great cheerleader, both personally and professionally. As a friend, she is everything you could hope for in this town.“ (Emmy mag, no.2, 2010)

Amy Sherman-Palladino
  • "When she walked out, we just looked at each other and said, „That´s it. We have to have her. We´ll go down with the ship if we don´t get her“. She was gorgeous as hell and she could pull off the drama, but she was also funny. And she had the strength, which is hard to find. Lauren could handle the language and get her mouth around the words and make it mean something. I got her immediately, and I could write for her voice like gangbusters“. (Emmy mag no.2, 2010)
  • "No one else on TV does what Lauren does," she says. "No one else has to be that funny, be that dramatic, be in charge of that much material every week. If we shoot 80 pages of show, she's in 70 of them. It's the hardest job in TV, and she does it so amazingly well. Who do I have to blow to get her a nomination?" (Hollywood Reporter, June 13, 2005)
  • "Lauren has the hardest job on television. We shoot seventy-five to eighty-page scripts in eight days, which is almost like doing a feature film a week. She's in almost every scene, so she probably works more hours than any actress on television. To learn that amount of dialogue and to deliver it as quickly as she does -- and act at the same time -- is tough enough. But on top of that, we ask her to be funny, we ask her to be sexy, we ask her to be heart-breaking, we make her cry, we make her fall apart. We make her do everything on the face of the earth, sometimes in the course of a single episode. I'm in awe of her, and considering what she goes through, it's astonishing that she hasn't shown up at my bedside with a machete or some explosive device." (Emmy magazine, Issue No. 3, 2005)
  • "I've gotten to watch her become a star, which was really fun, because this was a girl who was extraordinarily talented when she walked into my life." (Daily Texan, November 2003)
  • "No one in the world talks faster than Lauren Graham and you can actually understand everything she says, which is a great talent."( TV Guide, June 22, 2002)
  • "It makes things fly, and I don't know a lot of actresses who could do that. It's hard enough to be in character, hit your emotional moments and handle all the technical things you need to know, but then to have a specific rhythm and a specific speed--that is Lauren Graham."(Los Angeles Times April 9, 2001 )
  • "What makes an actor special is they walk in the door with something. Lauren is a special, gifted creature. She walked in with heart. And this show lives and dies on Lorelai. If she was someone who just did the banter without the warmth, you'd want to shoot her dead."(Sacramento Bee, March 29, 2001)
  • "Lauren possesses so many of Lorelai's qualities of sharpness of humor and of warmth -- that mixture of insanity and grounded intelligence."(TV Guide, February 17, 2001 )

Alexis Bledel
  • "I didn't know anything going into it. Lauren really helped me the first year with the technicalities of being on a set -- hitting your marks and not being in the way." (Houston Chronicle, June 6, 2003)
  • "Lauren was great at showing me the ropes right from the start. She's respected my space, letting me do my own thing without offering too much advice. But she's always there if I ask for help."(Seventeen, May 2002)
  • We have a lot of fun on the set. She really keeps the crew going, has a lot of energy, has got a great sense of humor, so we have a good time. (Hollywood.com, April 29, 2002)
  • "We don't share the same taste in music or clothes or anything like that, but we spend a lot of time together. We're very close" (What, July 2001 )
  • "We've just always gotten along, and the hours just fly by everyday -- it's not hard work to work with Lauren, it's just a lot of fun."(AOL Chat, March 22, 2001 )

Kelly Bishop
  • "My relationship with Lauren is nothing like the roles we play on the show. I am just crazy about my girls. Practically from the moment [Lauren and I] met, we had an instant connect. We never even had to discuss what we wanted to do with our roles. It's as if we have this emotional shorthand."(The WB, November 13, 2001)
  • "When we work together, I feel very much like equals. This is my hero here (motioning to Graham); she's one of the most incredible professional actors I've ever worked with . But I do find when I'm away from the set, I refer to them as my girls. ... When I step back from it, I kind of assume that protective, matriarchal role, since I don't have that in my real life."(USA Today, March 1, 2001)

Scott Patterson
  • "Lauren has always been pretty much the rock of that whole production. She did the lion's share of the work, and she did it with real aplomb. I wouldn't have wanted that schedule. Not for 10 minutes would I have wanted that schedule. I mean, that schedule would've broken a workhorse, and she just plowed through it every day and it was pretty amazing to watch. We would hear those things and just laugh. We had a very comfortable working relationship. I enjoyed doing scenes with her because I knew she was going to hit the ball back over the net as good as she got. I would work with her again in a heartbeat. She happens to be a very, very, very good actress. I would jump at the chance to work with her again."(TV Guide, May 2007)
  • I´ve worked with Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio. I mean, all these great actresses, you know. And it prepared me to, you know, go toe-to-toe with Lauren Graham cause she´s a good as all any of them, you know. She´s really really good. (Radio Interview - KISS 106.1 Seattle, November 13, 2001 )

Jared Padelecki
  • "I think Lauren is a whole lot like her character. I'm sure there's some differences but I think they have a lot of similarities and I think that one thing great writers do like the writers on Gilmore Girls is they start to write your character sort of like you so it's easier for you to mesh and for you to bond with your character and I think they did that with Lauren because sometimes I hear her talk and I'm like- that's how like Lorelai talks like." (STAR! Inside, May 6, 2002)

Marc Hirschfeld
casting director
  • "There's an expression in the casting business: God does not give with both hands. Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods. She had this effervescence, this innocent enthusiasm that I just love“ (Emmy mag no.2, 2010)

Last edited by Danke; 10-19-2011 at 01:26 PM
Old 03-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Tftnt, Katka Very true title, too
Old 03-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

Credit for the title goes to Health magazine and of course, it´s a general true.lol

Old 03-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks Katka. Wow, I'd forgotten how pretty she looked in that blue!

"...we're flavoured coffee brewing losers"
Old 03-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Tftnt. And lovin' the title.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Extreme Fan

thanks for the new thread!
the title is perfect.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Tftnt Katka - I love the title.

Quote:
Her nose doesn't look like it has had work done imo. And anyway, totally her business.
I agree that her nose doesn't look like she's had work done. But I'm on the fence whether it's her business.

Well, let me rephrase that - since I don't think she's had anything done to her face, and she says she hasn't, then it's totally her business. But if someone is going around saying they haven't had something done, but they have, then I'm OK with journalists calling them out on it. If someone has had something done, and doesn't want anyone to know, then just don't say anything. But, to clarify, I don't think that's what Lauren's done, by any means. But I have noticed other actors/celebrities doing that.

The only thing it looks to me that Lauren may have had work on is her smile. Her front teeth seem straighter, or at least straighter across the bottom, in new pictures vs pictures taken years ago. And that's pretty common - lots of actors have caps, or have had work done to even out their smiles. Plus, I may be totally imagining it anyway.

She looks gorgeous in any case.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

This is such a bummer this even being discussed. Seriously. The article has no credibility. Bring on the actual appreciation! That's what this thread needs lol.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

If it comes up, though, I'd rather it be addressed here and dispelled, if it's fake, rather than have it just float out there with no response.

Speaking the truth about Lauren is a form of appreciation, I think. And anyone who wants to hate on her, I think we should just send them the link of her on the Kevin Pollack internet talk show - there she is in all her glory -- not photoshopped or airbrushed or even all well lit.

Just beautiful, funny, smart, on-her-toes-quickwitted Lauren. I dare any botox-ed, plastic surgeried, photo-shopped fake person to match wits with her in a forum like that.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah2010 (View Post)
If it comes up, though, I'd rather it be addressed here and dispelled, if it's fake, rather than have it just float out there with no response.

Speaking the truth about Lauren is a form of appreciation, I think.
Well, I have to say though - when we start speculating about dental work and such, I'm not sure that is necessarily "truth". This is something she, herself, has never addressed. I have to be honest, I start to feel really uncomfortable when people begin guessing about things like that.

I agree it's okay to address gossip as long as it is dispelled or classified as rumor, but unfortunately people are sometimes tempted to start believing what they read and start formulating their own truth based on a lot of misinformation. Lauren couldn't be more correct - the internet can be very scary.

I agree with everything else you said. Lauren rocks, and I very much appreciate her.

Last edited by LG Stargirl; 03-11-2011 at 09:55 PM
Old 03-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I have to say though - when we start speculating about dental work and such, I'm not sure that is necessarily "truth".
Sorry if I'm being a little defensive here, and maybe you weren't objecting to what I said, but based on your comment, I feel like I should clarify that I wasn't speculating about "dental work" based on what I read in any article.

It was just my own observation: seeing pictures of Lauren in 199x and pictures of her in 201x, I noticed a difference in her smile. So my impression that there had been a change was based on what was shown in publicity pictures released of her or video from shows she has done (so it wasn't doctored as far as I could tell.) (And I wouldn't necessarily had mentioend it if there hadn't already been a discussion going about the possibility that she had changed her looks through plastic surgery.) To me, ignoring that difference wouldn't be any more "truth" than making up stories about someone changing their nose.

It would be like seeing Mae Whitman in Arrested Development, and then in stills from the original Parenthood pilot and then in the aired Parenthood pilot, and denying that at some point her hair was brown, and then at a different point it was blonde, and then it was brown again. Just because Mae hasn't mentioned dying her hair, and it was a superficial change, doesn't make it wrong to notice that something was different. There's no judgement in that; it's just commenting on what was observed in publically released photos/episodes.

And as I mentioned, I might have been imagining the change in her smile (as explanation - it may have just been the angle in one picture vs another) and I'm happy to debate that, or drop it all together, since it doesn't affect my appreciation of Lauren one way or another, and it isn't really the point of this thread, I don't think. But if something like that comes up, I don't think people should feel bad about mentioning what they've observed one way or another.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

This is a very weird conversation.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah2010 (View Post)
or drop it all together
Please . . . this. Because I find this entire thing a bit unfortunate, and yes, a weird conversation at this point lol.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Haven't been here for a couple of days so I am sorry about commenting on this a bit late, but I have to agree with Hannah about Lauren's teeth. When GG first started, one of the things that I noticed was that her top front teeth were a little longer than the next teeth, I noticed that because my sister's teeth are like that and I always wished that mine were too. Now her teeth are more even. Either way, she has always had a beautiful smile. Okay, and yes this is weird to talk about so I'm done.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

...okay, since this is Lauren's appreciation thread, I'm gonna appreciate how beautiful she looks in these shots.

credit
icon: Permanent_99