Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-02-2004, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

Lauren Graham App. 109~There's so much LG love going around we had to make 2 threads!

Lovely banner/art by Chelle !

[img]smilies/flowers.gif[/img] Welcome to the Lauren Graham Appreciation Thread 109! [img]smilies/flowers.gif[/img]

The thread title refers to our most recent decision to continue the Lorelai Gilmore appreciation on the Gilmore Girls board (really, what's a GG forum without LG?), but make it more Lorelai centric (yes, you can still talk about Lauren!). Whereas, we invite everyone to take advantage of Lauren's growing fanbase by taking part in the Lauren Graham Board here for more Lauren-centered discussions and general posting euphoria. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Check out the last thread here

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Interview Update [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]
None Scheduled At This Time

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Magazine Update [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

*Femme Fatale (January): Lauren's #33 on the list of 50 Sexiest Women of 2003

*In Touch Weekly (December): Scan, thanks to Canopus!

*Globe Digest Series: Favorite Holiday Memories scan thanks to Ellevee and Jenna!

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Movie News [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

"Bad Santa"
Release Date: November 26, 2003.
Starring: Billy Bob Thornton, Lauren Graham, Bernie Mac, John Ritter. Director: Terry Zwigoff, Studio: Dimension Films \ The KL Line, Rated: R.
Synopsis:
"Bad Santa" is the story of two conmen who go on a road trip to malls dressed as Santa and his elf. Rather than spreading good cheer, the duo's motive is to rob each establishment, a strategy that becomes complicated when they encounter an 8-year-old who teaches them the true meaning of Christmas.

Details:
* Lauren has the lead female role, Sue.
* Lauren doesn't have a lot of lines, but she does have lots of scenes where she has sex with Billy Bob while he is wearing his Santa suit.
* A quote from Lauren about the movie - "I play a bartender girl who picks him (Billy Bob) up at a bar."
* From a message board, an extra said "Lauren Grahem has at least one scene where she is in a bikini. It shouldn't be cut out of the movie, it was very tasteful."
* For a review from a fan who's seen the film click here.

For a sneak peak at Bad Santa watch the trailer

"Seeing Other People"
Synopsis:
Two months shy of their wedding, a couple decide to allow each other last flings until their wedding.

Details:
* Lauren will be playing the character of Claire.
* Directed by Wallace Wolodarsky, Written by Maya Forbes and Wallace Wolodarsky.
* The movie is in post-production and is set to be released in 2004.
*Claire is the lead's evil sister and Josh Charles' love interest.

"Fathers and Sons"

* It's going to air on Showtime in about 6 months.
* A quote from Lauren about the movie: . . .it's three kind of short films strung together kind of in the theme of, um, fathers and sons. And I only know mine, which is, which I have to age like 25 years. Like, I start my age and then I go into the future.
* Premise/Synopsis:
Revolves around the intertwined tales of three families who grow up on the same street, focusing on the relationship of fathers and sons.
The first section, directed by Spera, features Anthony (Whitford) and Jenny (Mathis) and traces the father-son bond that develops between Anthony and his newborn son over 30 years.
The second story, helmed by Garcia, centers on the affairs of an airline pilot
(Mahoney) who shares a house but not a life with his wife (Baker). He crosses paths with an unusual woman (DuVall) and spends an extraordinary night with his
son (Eldard).
The final chapter, with Rappaport at the helm, follows the homecoming of Elliot (Harold) to his estranged family (Barbara Barrie, Joe Bologna and Lisa
Edelstein). As his father dies, Elliot meets and falls in love with a woman (Shaw) who sees past his tough-guy exterior.
Jessalyn Gilsig, Reiko Aylesworth, Meredith Monroe, Phillip Rhys and Joanna
Gleason round out the cast.
Mockingbird Pictures' Julie Lynn ("Wit") is producing, with Garcia serving as
executive producer.
Garcia directed "Things You Can Tell Just by Looking at Her." Spera's credits
include "Last Cry." Rappaport helmed "Blindness."
Cast:
A passel of current and former TV stars have signed on to indie feature "Fathers and Sons," a drama about three neighboring families. Among them: Bradley Whitford ("The West Wing"), John Mahoney ("Frasier"), Gale Harold ("Queer as Folk"), Samantha Mathis ("The Mists of Avalon"), Kathy Baker ("Boston Public"), Ron Eldard ("ER") and Barbara Barrie ("Barney Miller," "Suddenly Susan").
Directors:
Rodrigo Garcia, Rob Spera and Jared Rappaport

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] LG Media [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

Check out this hilarious interview of Lauren on KTLA, here

Lauren was on the special Before They Were Stars. They used her AT&T commercial from 1994. Check it out here

Check out a past appearance by Lauren on Kilborn here

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]Why We Love Lauren [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

1. Because she plays Lorelai!
2. Because she's tall!
3. Because we're her satellite people!
4. Because she's amazingly talented, funny, smart, and beautiful.
5. Because she's a creative imaginative person!
6. Because we love her diamond studs!
7. Because WE know she should've gotten an Emmy nomination!
8. Because she's funny as hell!
9. Because her comedic timing is insanely accurate (oh, I'm sorry - she's funny as hell.)
10. Because we still don't know mundane things about her--like what CDs are currently in rotation in her CD player, whether or not she eats crappy things like pop tarts, or if she likes peanut butter.
11. Because she's from Virginia.
12. Because she's honest.
13. Because she wears Levi's.
14. Because even though she's beautiful, and men think she's hot - you could never think ill of her. She's one of "those".
15. Because she's always willing to help people out. Even when it comes to looking more like herself so they can recognize her.
16. Because she's down-to-earth and sweet.
17. Because she's always stylish and professional.
18. Because she's gone through a hard life and never takes what she has for granted.
19. Because she started her career in a dog costume, but look where she is now!
20. Because she has sparkly blue eyes!
21. Because her hair is not silky--it's really curly and crazy.
22. Because she was an ENGLISH major.
23. Because she was born in Hawaii.
24. Because she got to make out with Keanu Reeves, Casper Van Dien, Benjamin Bratt, David Sutcliffe, and Scott Cohen, and that's just from TV.
25. Because she always cracks us up when she goes on Craig Kilborne and "flirts."
26. Because she put quotes around "decorator" just to embarass him.
27. Because she LOVES coffee, just like Lorelai.
28. Because she'll get to keep the monogramed stuff after the show ends.
29. Because Lauren Graham is a good role model.
30. Because even though she's 34 she doesn't act a day over 17.
31. Because she always wears a smile.
32. Because we want to be just like her when we grow up.
33. Because she thinks cherry is a flavor AND a color.
34. Because she STILL wears the diamond earings every time we see her
35. Because she works out during her lunchbreak (that's really why we hate her)
36. Because she has hair issues just like the rest of us
37. Because she was REALLY smart and funny even in high school
38. Because she wears really great glasses on and off screen
39. Because she won a Family Television Award and thanked basically everyone she's ever met
40. Because she drives a green Land Rover
41. Because she has a soft spot for female blues/folk/sappy stuff.
42. Because we finally know some of the music she listens to: Alicia Keys, India Arie, Emmylou Harris, and John Coltrane.
43. Because the reason she's 5 minutes late to work in the mornings is because she stops to get coffee.
44. Because -- *according to Lukecoffeeman* -- she looks just as good going as she does coming.
45. She was the "sexiest" nominee in her category for the SAG Awards, sorry Sela.
46. Because she's Miss Happy Golden Globe Nominee
47. Because you can play checkers on her skirt!
48. Because she earns and deserves every award coming her way, and that'll be ALOT.
49. A teeny, tiny part of her thought "Clooney wants me"........to sign a poster.
50. A horse bit her delicious fingers, so she shot it.
51. The only word she could form when asked if she *looked* at Keanu during their nude scene: YEAH!
52. She *tries* to get respect on the set.
53. The crowd at the Golden Globes chanted her name!
54. She was nominated for a Golden Globe for Drama and a Golden Satellite in Comedy in the same weekend, proving her range as an actress.
55. Because Joan Rivers called her "chic as hell" and Leon Hall she "got an A+ and can go to the head of the class" among EVERYONE at the Golden Globes.
56. Because fans are starting to hunt down her work prior to Gilmore Girls b/c she's fabulous in everything she's done.
57. 'Cause she lives for her talk show apperances just like us!
58. 'Cause she's written articles for Self and InStyle magazines (she DID go to Columbia after all!)
59. 'Cause she brought the perfect date to the SAGS...her dad!
60. 'Cause she's not that articulate, but she still gets her point across!
61. 'Cause she "made out" with Craig Kilborn...they've got chemistry!
62. 'Cause she really is like that...."just drunk all the time."
63. 'Cause she's going to Holland to buy some...."clogs, tulips, and hashesh."
64. 'Cause her dad made it on Dateline!
65. 'Cause her dad's Willy Wonka and brought Rosie and her audience chocolate baskets!
66. 'Cause she's headlining in Moss Hart and George Kauffman's play "Once in a Lifetime" during hiatus!
67. 'Cause David Alan Grier called her a goofball!
68. 'Cause Rosie kept her word and brought her back!
69. 'Cause taking her to a craft store would be a freaking riot!
70. 'Cause she's so sweet to her fans!
71. 'Cause she rocked in 'Once In A Lifetime'!
72. 'Cause she's busy, busy, busy .. like a really tall bee!
73. 'Cause she got the role as 'leading lady' in the movie 'Bad Santa'!
74. 'Cause she's sweet to her fans!
75. 'Cause she stole the picture in Dill Scallion. Her Kristi Sue is a big ol' piece of pie -- sugary, light-as-air meringue with plenty of tart filling and boot-leather-tough crust at the bottom!
76. 'Cause Rosie kept her word and brought her back!
77. 'Cause taking her to a craft store would be a freaking riot!
78. 'Cause she's so sweet to her fans!
79. 'Cause she rocked in 'Once In A Lifetime', we’ve got witnesses!
80. 'Cause in New York City, she worked as a cocktail waitress and even a bike messenger (she lasted only one day)!
81. 'Cause she got the role as 'leading lady' in the movie 'Bad Santa'!
82. She likes playing wisecracking smart gals!
83. Despite 16 hour days relaxation comes in the form of watching the occasional TV show -- usually something "somewhat inane. Plus running every day, reading, seeing friends and having people over for dinner.
84. Cause she won't stop coming back to the Berkshires until she gets a sandwich!
85. Her sandwich would be turkey, sprouts and veggies, in fact, it would be the Bo Derek!
86. She describes her and Alexis Bledel’s chemistry as “freakish.”
87. She’s truly a teen from the 80s; her favorite actress from her teen years is former Townies co-star Molly Ringwald.
88. She starts babbling when she gets nervous.
89. She thinks Lorelai could eat a little humble pie from time to time.
90. She’s into the business of show business, but fame is just weird.
91. She sees Gilmore Girls as an adult show!
92. Cause Tom Welling told her "I love your show- it's really cool and funny." And she said, "I know, dude." And he's this big, strapping 25-year-old!
93. Cause she knows it takes a while for a big, strapping guy to feel OK about watching something with Girls in the title...but she’s there to push it!
94. She loves the relationship of Lorelai and Emily, because it grew so painfully and slowly, and that's real.
95. Because the real behind-the-scenes system to keep the cast and crew caffienated at all times is her PA making regular trips to Starbucks.
96. She was a teacher for The Princeton Review for many years in New York.
97. Drivers who don't signal drive her crazy!
98. She still has the same small group of friends she had when she stared out.
99. She didn't do anything that Julia Roberts turned down, but there was stuff she was offered that she considered doing but decided it wasn't different enough.
100. Horse racing's loss is Hollywood's gain, and ours too!
101. She was named second in September’s Top Ten TV Stunners!
102. NBC is as crazy about the Gilmore Girls star as we are, and would love to have her back sometime on Conan, according to critic Matt Roush.
103. She was named one of Entertainment Weekly’s TV's Women of the Year!
104. Her first concert was James Taylor. She went with her dad. The second concert, which she went to with friends, was Pat Benatar!
105. When she was 17 her celebrity crushes were Shaun Cassidy and Sean Penn!
106. If there's ever an impending wedding, she will tip E!
107. In a guy she really likes talent--and someone who is ambitious and really enjoys their life and, uh...is cute.
108. She is who she is and she does the best she can!

If you want to start a new thread, use the LG Template. Brought to you by Kitty!!

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Random Caps [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Quote of the Thread [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

Jared Padalecki- “I think Lauren is a whole lot like her character. I'm sure there's some differences but I think they have a lot of similarities and I think that one thing great writers do like the writers on Gilmore Girls is they start to write your character sort of like you so it's easier for you to mesh and for you to bond with your character and I think they did that with Lauren because sometimes I hear her talk and I'm like- that's how like Lorelai talks like. “

Post about the woman. That's why we're all here! [img]smilies/whip.gif[/img]

[ 01-02-2004: Message edited A. B. Normal ]
Old 01-02-2004, 11:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Whoo Hoo! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Two threads! 'Cause she's THAT special! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Love the random caps Alexis, great start!

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 01-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/party.gif[/img]

Great start, Alexis! Looking forward to posting in this thread on this board. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2004, 12:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

So true! I like that she has two threads. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2004, 12:22 AM
Master Fan

Glad you guys like!

Geezus cripes that was stressful. Take the stress of starting an LG thread and multiply it by two. I need a drink! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2004, 12:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Ya know, that's why I never actually started the LG thread. I started it once.. it was so much work that I decided to let everyone else start it from now on. But since it's split now.. it shouldn't be any harder to start. Maybe I'll give it a go again someday! hehe

Old 01-03-2004, 01:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Kitty:
<STRONG>Maybe I'll give it a go again someday! hehe</STRONG>
I am totally in support of that. *makes note to hunt down Kitty for 110*
Old 01-03-2004, 05:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Wow. This one is very pretty too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Nice start on both Alexis. I have nothing more to say:-

"Chi trova un amico , trova un tesoro"
Old 01-03-2004, 09:17 AM
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] thanks for the warning that I'm going to be hunted down!

We need some new Lauren news!

Old 01-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Passionate Fan

I just realized how weird its going to be going to two threads that have exactly the same things on them...

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
Old 01-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ESipher:
<STRONG>I just realized how weird its going to be going to two threads that have exactly the same things on them...</STRONG>
I pretty much tried to make them generally the same so the transition wouldn't freak anyone out, but if you look there's a lot of distinction, and I took out the magazine/talk show/ect section on the Lorelai thread just now because it's more Lauren territory, but usually when that stuff comes up people will just post it there anyway I'm sure, so it's no big loss.

Once we get into the swing of things in both places, the titles, quote, RCs, banner, ect should all be different.

Am I the only one fascinated by 10 year old Lauren next to mid-30's Lauren?

[ 01-03-2004: Message edited A. B. Normal ]
Old 01-03-2004, 04:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal:
<STRONG>

Am I the only one fascinated by 10 year old Lauren next to mid-30's Lauren?

[ 01-03-2004: Message edited A. B. Normal ]</STRONG>
nope Your not the only one, I looked at those for a few minuites. I just love seeing pics of celebrities or just people I know when they are younger.

Luke & Lor. | Dawson & Joey |Max & Liz | Harry & Hermione | George & Izzie
Old 01-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Passionate Fan

I wasn't complaining, I was just saying it was weird. Nothing you coulda done to prevent it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
Old 01-03-2004, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

I get the weirdness factor, I was just saying the two threads aren't "exactly the same." [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal:
<STRONG>I get the weirdness factor, I was just saying the two threads aren't "exactly the same." [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I know, I "got it."