Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-18-2004, 12:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Name: Clair but I'll pretty much answer to anything.
Birthday: Feb 9th, 1986
Interests besides Lauren Graham: Web-design, Reading, Music (emo/pop-punkish), movies esp. indie movies, writing, Jen Garner!
Became a Lauren fan: I've pretty much been a fan ever since my friend Erin (who owns lauren-graham.net) has told me of the Gilmore Girls but I've only recently become a die-hard Lauren fan after seeing Bad Santa!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!!
Old 07-18-2004, 03:56 PM
New Fan

Name: Amber
Birthday: December 13, 1987
Interests besides Lauren Graham:Music, reading, ER, Third Watch, Maura Tierney,volleyball
Became a Lauren fan:I first saw her when she guest starred on News Radio, but I didn't become obsessed with her until I saw the Gilmore girls pilot.

I'm really glad that there's a board for Lauren, she totally deserves one, and I'm looking forward to getting to know other fans
Old 07-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Welcome to the Board - Jacey, Clair (little LG shout-out right there!), and Amber.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all, I hope you stop by the board often. And welcome back to Dorothy. We've missed you!

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 07-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Lauren Fans
Here's a little somethin' about me.

Name: Carla
Birthday: July 6, 1982
Interests besides Lauren Graham: Music, reading, internet, drawing, movies and web-design.
Became a Lauren fan: I remember seeing her on another show, but the real obsession started with the Gilmore Girls. I saw Lauren in Bad Santa, which I loved.

, I'm lovin' it.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:11 AM
New Fan

Hi everyone, I'm Sarah, I live in New Zealand, and I am completely, absolutely addicted to the Gilmore Girls!! I also like reading, going to the gym and surfing the net.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi all I don't know if I'd call myself a "lurker". You can find me here regularly whoring for praise on my art or just looking for someone to talk about Lauren with me.

But here I am anyway.

Name: Suzanne
Birthday: September 20, 1979
Interests besides Lauren Graham: Right now she seems to be the central focus of my life but it really depends on when you ask me this question. In general, though, I tend to love all manner of TV shows, music (always on the hunt for something new and cool...or old and cool but new to me), movies with a romantic twist and making computer art. I'm also really loving this David Sedaris book I picked up the other day called Dress Your Family in Curduroy and Denim . Hys-TERICAL!
Became a Lauren fan: I had a friend who watched Gilmore Girls from the beginning but, being as how it was on during Buffy's time slot, I didn't really discover it for myself until this year. At which time I also got the first season on DVD, became OB-freaking-sessed with the show, developed a self limiting obsession with Max and Lorelai.

Eventually it occurred to me that the majority of the reason I loved the show so much was because I loved the character of Lorelai more than life itself. So quirky and loveable and full of energy.

By extention, I came to really really like Lauren herself. I went on a downloading binge to see all her talkshow interviews and discovered what everyone already knew. She is a total FRIEK and completely adorable. I rented several of her movies, starting with Nightwatch (because I had seen it before and not realized who she was--and also love Ewan McGregor almost as much as Lauren). On the whole, I've found that her movie roles are depressing. That is, until I decided to BUY Bad Santa on DVD before I even rented it or saw it in the theater. Turns out it was a really inspired decision. I love the movie. I love Billy Bob. And Lauren has her most endearing role in it since Lorelai.

Last edited by Ender's_Jane; 07-21-2004 at 07:32 AM
Old 07-21-2004, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

Welcome Carla, Sarah, & Suzanne, don't be shy now.

Old 07-21-2004, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

New over here Obviously.

Name: Aly
Birthday: December 6, 1988
Interests besides Lauren Graham: The OC and mainly all things related, reality TV, shopping, Gilmore Girls, music, movies, acting, singing, dancing, lots of stuff.
Became a Lauren fan: When I first saw Gilmore Girls a few years back. She's absolutely hilarious, and so sweet! And cute, adorable, everything in one fantastic package.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome to all new posters.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

Welcome to the Lauren Graham Board, Aly. I love The O.C. and the Adam connection. I still wish Dave could come back.

Old 07-28-2004, 01:51 AM
New Fan

Thanks for the welcomes.

BTW just wanted to add I love The O.C. also.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

:: wanders by ::

I'm just a twenty-something guy who likes Gilmore Girls because Lauren is in it (and its funny with good dialogue). I just read the Gilmore Girls episode recaps; because there's about zero people I know who watch it.

What happened to the "Six Degrees" topic? That was kinda fun...

:: lurks off until the season starts ::
Old 07-31-2004, 05:39 PM
New Fan

Name: John

Age: Old enough to drink and not old enough to know better.

Birthday: May 27th, a long time ago.

Interests: Besides Lauren Graham, nothing. Oh wait there is one thing. "The Gilmore Girls"

I became a Lauren fan about 3 1/2 seconds after I first met her. The first 3 secs was me closing my mouth after it feel open upon seeing her.

Is that enough? I could give ya blood type, Fav color, stuff like that!
Old 08-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hello all,
I figured it was time that I introduced myself to everyone.

As you can see I go by kiwikid. I am not a kiwi by birth, just displacement. I am an American who happens to be living/working in NZ. I moved here a few years ago to do my OE (overseas experience). I got a call late one Sunday night from a head hunter in Australia. It seems that some Aussie friends of mine, that I worked with in LA, went back to Australia and when contacted, suggested that the headhunter contact me to see if I would like to take an SAP (German Software product) contract in NZ. Yes, I am a computer geek and proud of it.
I thanked the nice headhunter with the funny accent and poor understanding of TIME ZONES (it was close to midnight LA time) for contacting me, but I declined the offer. A year later he called again, this time I took the contract. The plan was to stay for 2 years...sigh... I have been here longer than that. I can't wait to come home.

We didn't get GG here until March of 2003. They showed GG everyday until we were heading into season 3, then they began airing it weekly. We now have 2 more eps to go for season 4. Yes, I have yet to see the last episode. I can't wait. I became a fan of GG during the first 20 minutes of the very first episode season 1. I recognized Lauren from Caroline In The City and Townies. I had always wondered what happened to her. I always thought she was pretty fantastic and very funny. I just hope we get to see season 5. You can never tell with kiwi Tv stations. They drop a show after 2 eps because it failed to pick up an audience. I swear the only qualification for TV programmers in this country is that you MUST be brain dead to get the job. Can you believe they air Alias after midnight? They couldn't find a good spot for Angel so they aired it at 11:15 pm. You would not believe some of the stunts they pull. Shows never start on the hour or half hour even though they might indicate so. Shows can start at 20 minutes past or before the hour or 5 minutes either way of the hour. Very weird. It really makes it hard to set your VCR. We don't have TVO yet, but there are rumours that this fantatic new-fangled technology is on it's way. Only 6 years after it was introduced in the States. Ahhhh sorry, I didn't mean to go off on a tanget about TV here, but it is a sore point with me.

So...here I am. Oh I forgot to mention that I am a woman. Oh wait...yup, just double checked, I am a woman all right.

Tour Guide please post about your Lauren encounter in the dedicated thread for this very subject, if you haven't already done so. All of us who haven't met Lauren love to read about other people's fortunate experiences. How long did it take you to regain your ability to speak after you met Lauren?

Cheers

Last edited by KiwiKid; 08-14-2004 at 09:09 AM
Old 08-14-2004, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JakeTheLurker
:: wanders by ::

I'm just a twenty-something guy who likes Gilmore Girls because Lauren is in it (and its funny with good dialogue). I just read the Gilmore Girls episode recaps; because there's about zero people I know who watch it.

What happened to the "Six Degrees" topic? That was kinda fun...

:: lurks off until the season starts ::
We don't want you to lurk anymore, Jake. I'll look for that thread for you. Will you post then?

Welcome, KiwiKid. I hope you all begin to post more, especially when the new season starts it should be a good one.

Edited: Jake, I found your 6 Degrees of Lauren Thread

Last edited by Çherié £u£u; 08-15-2004 at 01:15 AM