Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Our girl did it!!!!!!!!! It's freaky how excited I am. I know they're dating others, but I want to see Matthew and Lauren together as a couple . He said she was one of the greatest people in the world.

When is the championship??
Old 06-17-2004, 08:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by curlyhead

When is the championship??
There's one more match-up(?) and then the championship round but I'm not sure when the actual airdate is. It doesn't say it on the Bravo website either.. Hopefully they week after next.

Lauren's competition as of yet is: Rosario Dawson, Dule Hill, and Michael Ian Black.

I watch every episode except for Rosario's. Dule is really good and as of yet is the only threat I see to Lauren. But then again, everyone can be a threat since they all won a round.
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by curlyhead
He said she was one of the greatest people in the world.
It was also pretty entertaining when he mentioned she was sexually arousing him when she was playing so aggressively. He was adorable at the end when they all came out to congratulate her, you could tell he was so proud.

My sister and I secretly think Lauren was totally bluffing and she's been playing poker with her dad since she was 5, but she totally lied about it. LOL.
Dedicated Fan

yay yay she won !!! hehe I learned how to play poker today!

I knew this once I think but now I forgot so I'll just ask here. How does Lauren know Mathew? Were they on a show/in an episode together? Or did they just meet somewhere? Just wondering

Luke & Lor. | Dawson & Joey |Max & Liz | Harry & Hermione | George & Izzie

Last edited by Imaginary_Immortal; 06-17-2004 at 08:19 PM
Old 06-17-2004, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

Lauren's competition as of yet is: Rosario Dawson, Dule Hill, and Michael Ian Black

Who are these people?

Yes, it was adorable to see Matthew's "crush" on Lauren. I never found him attractive, but I'm feeling a vibe for him. I think their senses of humor click.

Maybe Lauren does know a lot about poker, but there is still some luck involved. I was like the rest of you...nervous up until the last card was put down. I hope that Maura Tierney wins next week.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm completely blanking out on who Michael Ian Black is. *brain hurts* Someone fill me in?

And yes, Matthew's comments were so fun and I loved that they were able to play together and also hear his comments in the loser's lounge. Er, "learning lounge" cuz Sean Astin can't shutup. Wish Matthew could stick around just to keep making comments on our Lauren.
this a prince song. the lyrics don't make much sense, but then again, neither does prince, does he? little man, symbol man, little ass, lots of women. he's like an elf - a sex elf, making fudgy sex cookies.

Matt Nathanson
Old 06-17-2004, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NutMeg82
I'm completely blanking out on who Michael Ian Black is. *brain hurts* Someone fill me in?
NutMeg - the same NutMeg who used to post on the Hugh Jackman and Heath Ledger thread on the Male Celebs Board many summers ago? If so, it's me ... Nichole [AKA JBehrAddict, AddictedToEd, and I have now become known as Lonely Smile] If this isn't the Meg from those thread, ignore me

Michael Ian Black was on Ed and he also did commentaries for VH1's I Love the 80s, I Love the 70s and I Love the 80s Strikes Back. He will also be commenting on I Love the 90s which will air July 12th, I believe.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:01 PM
Elite Fan

I have to say, Lauren impressed me tonight. Before the show aired, I was thinking Chris Masterson was going to take it. He just had that look... But Lauren was good. I don't know if I can really believe she had no idea what she was doing and had never really played before. Otherwise she just has good instincts and picks up games quickly.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:33 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
How does Lauren know Mathew? Were they on a show/in an episode together? Or did they just meet somewhere? Just wondering
I believe they met while working on Caroline in the City. Lauren had a recurring role as Richard's girlfriend and Matthew guest starred while she was working and they became good friends.

That is so cool that she won! Love Matthew's crush on Lauren.. and the girl on girl action joking. hee! I love how aggressive she played, it's like she's a sweet bully! I think she knew exactly what she was doing all along and just put on the innocent act.

Did anyone get the idea that Phil has developed a bit of a crush on Lauren?

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert

Last edited by ~Kitty; 06-17-2004 at 11:48 PM
Old 06-17-2004, 11:45 PM
Master Fan

Here's the Bravo recap

Quote:
Lady Luck is a major factor at any poker table but should you find yourself looking at her ugly side, it's nice to have skill to fall back on. See which of our five stars will summon the perfect mix of luck and skill needed to earn a spot at our final table.

Turning Point #1:
Lord of the Losers' Lounge

Community

Chris Sean
POT
$20,100

With chants of "Rudy, Rudy, Rudy," coming from the audience, Sean's confidence is bolstered enough to call when Chris promptly raises the bet to $2,000. After the flop, Phil announced there's no way for Sean to continue when Chris comes in firing with a $4,000 bet. To the bewilderment of Phil and to the shock of the other players, Sean daringly goes all-in. Chris happily calls. When the river card adds insult to injury to Sean and emphatically declares Chris the winner, Sean is first to be sent packing to the infamous Losers' Lounge.

Turning Point #2:
Girl Fight

Community

Sara Lauren
POT
$23,700

After battling back and forth with each other in a series of hands, Lauren brazenly goes all-in knowing that even if she loses this hand to Sara, she still will be in the game with plenty of chips left over. But Sara, having the better hand and a 75% chance to win it before the flop, calls. Unfortunately for Sara, the flop was very kind to Lauren as she picks up two pair. The turn and river do not bail out Sara and to the disappointment of Matthew, there will no longer be any girl on girl action.

Turning Point #3:
Unfriendly Send Off

Community

Lauren Matthew
POT
$8,600

Having played extremely tight all night, Matthew finds himself backed into a corner with a short stack and decides to make a stand. Although, he has strong hole cards, this hand looks to be Matthew's Alamo as Lauren has a dominating pair. Sensing weakness, she forces her pal Matthew to go all-in. When none of the community cards help his hand, Lauren sends another victim to the Losers' Lounge.

Turning Point #4:
Mastering Masterson

Community

Lauren Chris
POT
$14,600

Lauren's very aggressive play combined with her "girly" persona has helped her to amass a significant chip lead over Chris, despite Chris' early Astin-provided advantage. Feeling bold to the point of recklessness, he bluffs all-in with one of the worst possible starting hands. Lauren calls with strong hole cards, a huge pre-flop favorite. They both pair up on the flop with Lauren holding top pair. Phil asserts that Chris can still win if a 7 or a 2 shows up on the turn or the river but it has been Lauren's night and neither shows up for Chris. Lauren has earned the coveted silver chip and the fourth seat at the championship table.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Dude. Lauren won and I was SO. ****ING. HAPPY!
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
Old 06-18-2004, 12:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Smile
NutMeg - the same NutMeg who used to post on the Hugh Jackman and Heath Ledger thread on the Male Celebs Board many summers ago? If so, it's me ... Nichole [AKA JBehrAddict, AddictedToEd, and I have now become known as Lonely Smile] If this isn't the Meg from those thread, ignore me
OMG, Nichole!!!! Yes, it's me!! Ok, now I feel like a *total* goob for blanking, but he will always be Phil to me. Now I'm not worthy enough to be an Ed. Had a similar brain fart a few weeks ago when I got Clem Snide's "Moment in the Sun" on a mix cd from a friend and I just could not place this damn song. I pestered everyone saying it had to be from a show/commercial/movie and that I had this running image of a car driving along as it faded to black. It was the freakin' Ed theme song for a season! I suck.
Man, those were some fun threads back in the day. le sigh

Ok, back on topic.

Rewatched Lauren kicking everyone's ass when it came on again. For once I'm glad for Bravo's repetition of everything. It was great to watch knowing the outcome. I loved when Lauren was going on about how there was going to be a lot of giggling on her side, especially when the boys would get serious-then it showed a bunch of clips of her doing just that. Gawd I love/want her laugh. It's so infectious and lights up her entire face.

It was funny watching Sara get a little snippy watching Lauren from the Loser's Lounge...calling all her girlishness. If she was still in the game she'd be acting the same way. Bitter much? I find it freaking adorable on Lauren, and it was equally adorable when Matt piped up after Sara's tirade and admitted he loved it when Lauren acted that way. Ha!

The girl-on-girl comments....always entertaining.

Lauren was so cute all the way to the end, interacting with the crowd and getting to know Chris, lol. He finally broke a few smiles when it was just Lauren. No one can resist her charm.

Wish I had written down her funniest moments. I remember she got a great crowd laugh when someone from the audience told her to breathe and she replied with someting like, "I don't appear to be breathing? If so, then I'd be DEAD!." I suck at paraphrasing...
this a prince song. the lyrics don't make much sense, but then again, neither does prince, does he? little man, symbol man, little ass, lots of women. he's like an elf - a sex elf, making fudgy sex cookies.

Matt Nathanson
Old 06-18-2004, 12:54 AM
Addicted Fan

Aww, I don't get Bravo where I'm at this month, but it sounds like Lauren kicked some a$$.

Does she play poker-face, does she bluff well, was her hands just lucky, or is she actually a poker player who's trying to hustle everyone else? That's so awesome that she won!! I want to see snippets, or at least more quotes from you all! Please?
Old 06-18-2004, 04:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovetheshins
Does she play poker-face, does she bluff well, was her hands just lucky, or is she actually a poker player who's trying to hustle everyone else?
There's a segment where Lauren's beating Sara and they show Sara in a video saying "Lauren Graham...if that's her real name, I talked to her in the makeup room and she's all 'I don't know what I'm doing.' Lies. All lies! My strategy now is to just think she's crazy." Lauren was a total shark, she had at least 4 really good bluffs where she won the pot just by pure intimidation...she had a stare. You try being stared at by Lauren Graham. I'd give her all my money too! The poker expert called her a shark with heart. The host called her an Irish Empress of Disaster with an adorable overbite. LOL

As for her "girlyness" and Sara's total annoyance by it and Matthew's adoration for it. It was so typical Lauren. She'd put on her high pitched flirty voice and be like "I bet this many purples." And once she miscounted her bet and when corrected her voice came out again, "It's so many numbers!" Followed by her own eyeroll. It was hilarious.

I think Lauren's best joke was about her and the poker expert's "private morning sessions." *wink wink* She used that a couple of times. At one point a heckler from the audience told her to rub the felt for luck (as Matthew had suggested prior) and Sara quiped "That's what she was doing this morning!" So dirty.

I'm thinking this was her total redemption for Celebrity Jeopardy. She did well there, but no way in hell was she coming in second again.

Last edited by A. B. Normal; 06-18-2004 at 04:58 AM
Old 06-18-2004, 05:17 AM
New Fan

Well ... let me join in with everyone on the excitement. I am so proud of our girl. She did fabulous and I am strangely in love with the idea of her and Matthew together now. LMAO I just thought it was so cute how he was like "I love it when she does that" in the loser's lounge. *Hugs him* Anywho-ha, should I be the first to post screencaps? I think I shall. Enjoy!

"I'm sitting here sexually aroused by Lauren's play." - Matthew Perry Celebrity Poker Showdown

Last edited by NeuroticVixen; 06-18-2004 at 05:29 AM