Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2003, 02:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I met Lauren once...outside Letterman [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] She's really nice!
So we waited out in the rain cause she was already inside when we got there-it was pouring, so nobody besides my cousins and I were there - and one other guy who was asking if GG was on DVD! (Sadly, no)

So we were waiting, and the security guy told us that there was a special guest on...and it ended up being Justin Timberlake (who I don't like. at all.) He was so rude and didnt even look over to the 6 people standing to the side and he surrounded himself with bodyguards just to make sure we didnt see him! It was like "we're not even here for YOU!"
Then Lauren came out with a huge smile! She came right over to us and we held an umbrella over her head for her cause we didn't want to see her perfect hair get ruined! We told her how we love the show... and she signed things for us! My brother wanted his school ID signed, and she said "ooh I dont think it'll stay on there" so she took his hand and signed the top of it instead! Then we asked if we could get a pic, and she said of course.. and posed with us all... and some guy came up at that point and was like "Can i get a pic of you?" .. and she whispered to us "is he a parent?" and we said, "well, not with us" ... and she's like "ok, I took one for the kids" and she said bye to us and left!
She was really nice even though it was pouring rain, so it would have been justified for her to quickly wave and get in the car... but she took the time out for us. And she was explaining to us how we can go to LA and go on the tour of Stars Hollow and see all the sets... then she's like "well, yeah... i guess thats not that interesting" -- and we were like NO, that is interesting!!!
Old 01-19-2003, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

Awww, that's an adorable story. Thanks for sharing, Babette's Little Gnome.

She's so nice, sighs.
Old 01-19-2003, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Aww, such an aswesome encounter story, Babette's Little Gnome! That was so awesome of her to stop for you guys in the rain like that. I loooove that she's so sweet to her fans!

Heh, Justin Timberlake was there when she was there. . .I'm getting Kilborn "I dyed my hair for no reason" flashbacks.

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited Stack ]
Old 01-19-2003, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

AW!! Babette's Little Gnome thank you for sharing that great story! That's so funny that she didn't sign his id b/c it wouldn't stay, but she signed his hand, LOL. So nice of her to come out in the rain with ya'll and take pictures too.

Hmm, which Dave interview was it?

Hee, Stacy
"I'm doing a movie with Justin Timberlake from NSYNC....and I, I'm dating him."
"In the movie you're dating him."
"And in real life."

That was the best made up improv story ever. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited alexisfreak2 ]
Old 01-19-2003, 02:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Dude, what an adorable story. Even in the rain and all, that's so sweet of her. Thanks, Babette's Little Gnome, that made me happy. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2003, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

"I'm doing a movie that. . . I feel. . .I feel, uh. . .good about."

"Good sentence . . .good sentence right there."

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Love that part.
Old 01-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

Babette- Wow, such a nice sotry! Very sweet of her to come and talk to you guys when it was raining. And I'm sure she appreciated you guys holding the umbrella over her to protect her hair.

Not so great of JRT though.
Old 01-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

And nothing makes her laugh harder than that movie. Dude, she was practially on the floor. It was hilarious. Hmph, that clip is all I've seen of that interview.

Yeah, it was really nice of her to stop in the rain, but that's just how cool and nice she is to her fans. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2003, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

I believe that was the first interview I ever saw with her, and I was just so surprised at how fun and laid-back and giggly she was. You don't see many celebs having that much fun on a talk show, which is what makes her just so darn cool. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2003, 02:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for sharing your story, Babette's Little Gnome. That's awesome. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The whole movie thing was hysterical. She's great at improv.
Some things I cannot change
But till I try , I'll never know
Old 01-19-2003, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

One of the things, at least. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I wouldn't necessarily say she seems all laid back and relaxed at all the talkshows she's been on, but definitely funny and giggly, which is so adorable. These days she seems more relaxed about the whole thing, and she's still funny and giggly. And she talks soooo much. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It's obvious she's having a lot of fun. She's really entertaining, so I think the talk show people want her to come back again and again and again.
Old 01-19-2003, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, she's not like that on all of them, but I love when she's with an interviewer who makes her comfortable enough to just do whatever she wants. Because, as she told Craigy, she lives for talk shows. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2003, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

That she does. And that's so cute, btw.

Yeah, Craigy makes her feel very comfortable. Leno, for instance, does not.

Hmmm, I believe we have a thread for talk show yapping. It's so easy to get off track, since all threads are about Lauren anyway. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

More meetings? Anyone? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2003, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

Aw! That's such a sweet story, Lauren is so nice! I wish one day I could meet her. As for Justin, ack, he always struck me as the snobbish type [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Sorry, quick rant [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2003, 02:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Great story, Pierpont ~ I remember hearing your story when you told us over on the Auteur thread! I liked re-reading it, though! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] -- I love the part where she whispered "is he a parent?" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] -- That was so nice of her to go spend time with you guys even though it was pouring!! ... and "I guess it isnt that interesting" about the tour! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] -- I went on that tour, and I loved it!!

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] That was pretty rude of Justin, though! He could have at least waved or something... and only 6 people?! I wish he knew you were actually there waiting for Lauren! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] I'll try to come back soon with my story of when I met Lauren! I seriously think she is one of the nicest people to meet!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread