Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-16-2003, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

If you've met Lauren Graham or even spotted her somewhere this is the place to post!

I've never met her ::::bitter:::: but there are a ton of people who have. If you have and wouldn't mind sharing your encounters, sightings, pictures, autographs,ect. then please, post them here and let other Lauren fans live vicariously through you!
Old 01-16-2003, 04:20 PM
Extreme Fan

And if we have met her in our dreams... does it count too? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] .

Great topic!. I want to read again all the stories of Eli, Stacy and all the people who went to see the play last summer.

Carmen

.-You're taller than I imagined
.-I'm Bigger in every department.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

I met her when I saw Once in a Lifetime.

Story later.

Gaby
I made my icon.
Old 01-16-2003, 05:04 PM
Loyal Fan

I also met her when I went to see Once in A Lifetime in Williamsburg. I'll post the story later if I need to, but I'll hold out for a little bit because I seem to remember Eliii having all of our stories saved and having posted them recently, so maybe she can do that again. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 01-16-2003: Message edited brie ]

"Coffee without caffeine. Can someone explain that to me? That's like sex without the spanking." - Cupid
Old 01-16-2003, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by piper_maru:
<STRONG>I want to read again all the stories of Eli, Stacy and all the people who went to see the play last summer.</STRONG>
So do I!

*waits for Eli*

*edited because I'm a dumbass*

[ 01-16-2003: Message edited RoxyBlueGirl7 ]
Old 01-16-2003, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

I don't think my story was in that saved list. I'll have to check later and see if I have it saved somewhere. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Suddenly, I'm feeling very, very bitter...

It's just me, of course. Not your fault. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Wheee, fun thread!

I'm so gonna repost the whole meeting with pictures and everything. And I also need to make a few edits in the original post, since I've remembered new things at a later date. But pretty much all of it is the same.

Btw, here are the saved stories.

Okay...When I met Lauren. God I hope she never comes in here. :whimpers: I feel like a crazy person.

----

The whole day started really early in the morning, cause we didn't want to be late. 15 minutes into the drive the trip came to a screetching halt. I had forgotten my glasses. Listen, I can see without them, but it was necessary to have a really good and clear vision in the theatre, so we had to go back to Boston. Back we went, glasses I found, and off we went again.

On the way there I was, luckily, in charge of directions so that gave me something to do. Then when we got there I could really feel the excitement. Actually I felt kinda sick for some reason. I hadn't "prepared" anything before we got there (like pics of her or such) but I really wasn't sure I was gonna get to see her at all since we were on the afternoon show and all.

Anyhoo, we were sitting on some bench outside the theatre to grab a cig before the play, and we quickly realised it had to be close to the back entrance, cause all the actors started coming there. Then when there was less than 30 minutes til the play started my friends were suddenly like "Eli, look!" and there came Lauren, running right past us. I, of course, went into immediate shock or something and couldn't really move for a little while. She was past us before we knew it, but we did get a chance to see that she had really cool pants and sunglasses. Obviously very important things. And looked very cute running. :giggle:

Then the actual play. She was fabulous. Just fabulous. It was so cute, cause she ****ed up a few lines. Okay, **** up might be overdoing it a little, cause she made it back in in a whim. Naturally my focus had it's obvious center, but luckily I have good side vision so I got the rest of the play as well. I don't wanna say much about the play, since some people haven't seen it yet, but we can talk about that later when it's over. (okay, I still can't be bothered talking about the play, since we've discussed it to death anyway) I loved her, though. She really pulled this off.

Then after the play we immediately put our stalking boots on just to see if there was any chance she'd come out before the evening show. And she sure did. It was a rather small crowd there, so it wasn't like we had to fight our way over to her when she finally came out. So we got her to sign our play bills. Then my friend said to Lauren that I was a huge fan and came all the way from Norway to see her. I was in a bit of a daze the whole time, and suddenly lost too much ability to speak. Anyway, so she felt she had to say that, which of course I had to sort of laugh off a little. Wouldn't wanna come across as a stalker, now would I? Besides, it wasn't really the truth either. And then she was like "To Norway?" (actually what she really said was "Who's going to Norway?") and we were like "No, she's/I'm from Norway" and then some "wow" "ohh" and "aahh"'ing and then she was like "Where is that?" So I told her it was north in Europe, and she was like she knew it was out of the country (which made me think geography isn't exactly her fave class) and then that she knew it was north of Amsterdam'ish. Loved that she said 'ish, well cause I think that's cute. Bla bla bla, took some pics while we stood there, and then some other people had more of the attention. Just for the record, she did, indeed, have to return the dress from the Golden Globes, and didn't seem too happy about that. Someone commented on that, so there was a hint of a pout. While on the subject of clothes we, of course, had to comment and ohh and ahh at her awesome, green pants. They were just excellent. Then she said that she "did some online shopping". Then we were just standing there. It was such a small crowd that you could just stand there and chit chat in a way. Tate Donovan came out as well, with a box of pizza and coke, and I got him to sign my play bill too. I regret not taking a pic with him. Then we decided we wanted to take this all the way, and ask her to take a picture with us. So we waited while two, rather creepy men stood there and simply wouldn't let her go. Bla, bla bla, smarm. I swear, one of them was like 80. While we were patiently waiting for them to feel done taking pics and god knows what, she turned to me and I swear, she had a somewhat wild look in her eyes, and was like "you guys wanted to take a picture?" and she seemed very eager to do exactly that. Bla bla bla more men, and she was like "Yeah, we're just gonna do this first" and then she was mumbling some snide remark while we turned around which I of course found rather amusing. So we took the pic and then the men wanted more but then she was like "Yeah, I think we're good now". A few more random comments (the mandatory "thanks so much for coming") a little pat on the back, back and forth and we left and she went back inside.

Yeah, was that too deailed?? Anyway..

Oh, and yeah! She was smaller than I expected. Cause everyone's rambling on how tall she is, but I'm apparently a tad taller than her. Very slim and absolutely absolutely stunning. That kinda blew me away at first. Not that I didn't know, but it's always different in real life.

-------

First for the comment when we took the picture, I really can't remember. Dude, she had her arm on my back. How in God's name was I supposed to focus? And then she gave me a pat on the back after we took the picture. :giggle: It was just the way she said it, like jeez'ish. And like "alrighty then". Little hard to explain. Me and my friends like to say that we saved her from them. Well, we probably did. Actually, she was sort of rolling her eyes. You know the "thing" we discussed at a LG thread recently.

When we sat at the table first and she came running by her hair was straight and dude, so beautiful. So apparently she likes to do that, and probably does it herself. Me and my friends came to that conclusion, at least, and we were pretty impressed by that. I just love it when she has her hair like that. (well, now we know it's the Japanese straightening thing she takes) When she came out after the show she apologized for looking like crap with a ...umm, bandana? Cause she'd been wearing a wig during the play and needed something to hide her hair. Of course she still looked amazing, and it was really cute. Then the green, awesome pants (I can't really describe them), and a black, simple tee or something similar. Wish I'd get a better look at the sunnies first, cause I just love sunnies. They looked cool from where I sat, at least. She didn't wear them later. Thank God, cause her eyes are so beautiful. Big and bright. She also wore the cutest flip flops. You know the very simple ones. With something shiny on them. Little too big, cause I kinda stepped a little on them when I was standing with Tate. Well, how was I supposed to know it was her shoes and not the grass?!

Yes, Alexis, since I'm taller than her she did seem smaller. But it's not like she's small small. Still tall, slim and cute. We're about the same height I should think, cause I was wearing shoes with more heels than her flippies.

One of the bloopers I remember was when she was gonna say "use his voice" in the beginning and she said "lose...use his voice". Or was it the other way around...hmm, I'm really not sure right now. It was all very cute. I haven't had time to read any of the reviews, but I thought she was really good, and I hope she does more plays.

It wasn't just Tate that had pizza. Some other of the cast came out with like 20 boxes, so it was probably time for lunch before the evening show. So they were juggling all this through us standing there.

Yeah, I know! Wasn't it just too cute that she said 'ish? I loved that part.

All in all she was, indeed, very friendly and approchable. When she signed she asked everyone for their names. Actually when she was signing mine she was yapping about the Norway thing so she didn't at first. I, of course, made sure she did when she was done talking. Oh yeah, I so did. It was kinda like a whine. Like "I want name on too". And she was like "Oh, I'm sorry. Of course."

God, you have no idea how much I hated that I didn't, at least brush a hand through my hair, cause it looks like total **** there. And I also hate that I didn't take off the glasses. Ah, who cares. Lauren's the main attraction in these pics anyway.

[ 06-14-2003: Message edited Eliii ]
Old 01-16-2003, 08:18 PM
Supreme Fan

::giddy::

I've never met LG, either. But I would sure as hell love to. I'd probably gush about how great she is and then she'd probably be afraid of me [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Eli, ooh, hurry back and post!

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:42 PM
Addicted Fan

I love reading all the stories from WTF. Extreme jealousy on my part.

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] WTF still cracks me up.

I hope she does a play again because I go up there every summer. We didn't know that she was going to be at the festival so we went at another time. Ugh, makes me so mad because I know exactly where the best spots would be to catch the cast and everything.
Some things I cannot change
But till I try , I'll never know
Old 01-16-2003, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Gee, thanks a lot, SmEli. Every time I see those pics, my inferiority complex re: my height rears its ugly head. Hmph. I look like a freaking munchkin compared to the Jolly Norwegian Giant and her sidekick. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 01-16-2003: Message edited *bijal* ]
Old 01-16-2003, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Aww, I loved re-reading that story, Eli! Yay, I'm so happy your encounter was so great!

Bijal, your expression in that second pic cracks me up. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It looks like Lauren just said something mean to you and you're like glaring at her for it. Heh.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Ahhh, Eli and bijal, you lucky little...!

That's so awesome. You're incredibly lucky.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Oh relax, Bijal. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I loved that you called her my 'sidekick', btw (in which case I'll ignore the 'giant'. You know I hate that.). Hee. :giggle: Oh, and SmEli? :hits Bijal hard in the head:

I know, Stacy. I'm pretending that's when Lauren had just said she didn't know where Norway was, which I found really amusing and Bijal was just outraged that she could say such a thing. Trust me, it really could be the case. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Did you check your PM, btw??

[ 01-16-2003: Message edited Eliii ]
Old 01-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Supreme Fan

Oooh, Eli and bijal, you guys are so lucky!

I loved reading that encounter, Eli! ::whines:: Aw, I wanna meet her!

Is that bijal on the left of LG, and Eli on the right?

Heh, love Lauren's bandana!

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.