Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-23-2016, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life - "Chapter 4: Fall"

All discussion regarding the "Fall" episode of the Netflix series should be restricted to this thread.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 11-25-2016, 06:33 AM
Master Fan

I'm not done with the episode yet, but I had to say I KNEW Peter would show up. Cute cameo by Jason Ritter too.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think someone on here predicted the final four words months ago.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

Yep, they were pretty predictable. But, they do make sense in a weird way. I loved the ending. I'm a die hard L/L shipper, so that was what I needed.

I'm off to bed now. More later.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:44 AM
Extreme Fan

OMG, those 4 final words. I had thought of them myself. But for me, it Lorelai who was pregnant!

Again, I'm speechless. I will post my thoughts soon.

And have a feeling, we haven't seen the last of the Gilmore girls.

Last edited by Kizzy81; 11-25-2016 at 09:50 AM
Old 11-25-2016, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

I did not want it to end and kept checking how much time was left and worrying how they would manage to fit in so much that I still wanted to see.

And they pretty much succeeded. I enjoyed the ride, laughed and cried and am left satisfied, not angry at all as I was when the show ended in 2007.

The life and death brigade was too long and much, imo.

I had a hunch about Rory's ending - especially when she was talking to her dad, I felt she was asking as someone who was also going to raise a child alone and not so much for her to resolve her feelings as his kid.

As much as I like Peter Krause and especially Kraham, I could've had much less time spent with him as park ranger, if needed him there at all. It seemed to me they could barely keep a straight face. Jason Ritter was a shorter scene and bothered me less.

LL - I really missed Emily being there and being more involved after they had decided to marry. I guess she would be at the big reception later, but missing that, as well as the hoopah and more, did make me a tad sad.

I do not feel atm that I NEED more, like when the show ended, but would definitely enjoy anything extra if it were to come along.

Finally, the actors, ALL of them, were simply terrific. I fear that come award time, some will be up against each other...

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 11-25-2016, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

I agree about the Life and Death Brigade being too long; I didn't care about that at all. And although I loved the LL wedding, I also would have liked to see the reception and see Emily and the whole town (and Kiefer Sutherland ) celebrate with them. But really I absolutely loved this final episode, and the whole set of episodes. It was funny and moving and lovely. The acting was fabulous, I thought all the guest appearances were fun (I loved seeing so many people from Bunheads show up, along with the Parenthood folks, in small roles). They definitely left it open for more episodes. I was surprised by the ending (like Kizzy, I would have expected those words to come from Lorelai), but it does make sense and bring the show full circle when I think about it. I'm so, so happy with the show's return, and I do hope for more.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Sorry DP
Old 11-25-2016, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

Agree on the Life and Death Brigade being a bit too long as well, same with the musical.

I didn't love the last 4 words, but everything leading up to that I did love.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni (View Post)
I did not want it to end and kept checking how much time was left and worrying how they would manage to fit in so much that I still wanted to see.
I did they same thing. I was ready, for it to be over!

Quote:
They definitely left it open for more episodes.
However, it was perfect ending, which I felt, also left the doors open, for more GG? Then again, that's how ASP had always written it. So maybe not.

I love when Jason Ritter showed up. I was like OMG, that's Jason! Didn't expect that, nor Peter. Love seeing the both, but glad they were only small.

But my favourite part, was when they played the song, 'Reflecting light', I couldn't help but cry.

Last edited by Kizzy81; 11-25-2016 at 02:31 PM
Old 11-25-2016, 02:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wow!! That wedding was pretty much perfect, so beautiful! The only thing missing for me was Emily and also would have been nice to have April a part of it as well. I was a mess! It was the song that got me!

Loved the Jason and Peter cameos http://tvline.com/2016/11/25/gilmore...r-in-the-life/

Emily said bull*****!!!! That was hilarious, and I like that she seemed to become kinder with the maids etc. I hope now that she and Lorelai will have a better relationship.

Love that Rory wrote her book in Richard's office and all the flashbacks made me cry.

I feel like i had more to say but I need to watch them all again. Fall and winter were my absolute favourite episodes. I'm not sure I would want anymore episodes I think these ended the series perfectly. If they do make more though I wonder if Rory will raise her baby on her own or she be with Logan? They obviously still have feelings for each other, as much as I dislike him. Oh and it seemed to me that Jess is still in love with Rory, I wish they had gotten together

Last edited by mrs brightside; 11-25-2016 at 02:52 PM
Old 11-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy81 (View Post)

But my favourite part, was when they played the song, 'Reflecting light', I couldn't help but cry.
Ah yeah, I lost it at that (not that I wasn't crying already!)
Old 11-25-2016, 03:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Forgot to mention that I really loved Sookie's scene and Michele's "You bitch" lol. Wish she could've been in more scenes.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

I just finished watching and it was really nice to have the Gilmore Girls back.

My thoughts (in no particular order):

a) Lauren was really born to play Lorelai - or in general for Amy's writing

b) the musical scene went way too long (although my love for Sutton Foster is immense)

c) Logan, really? I didn't like their relationship at all in the revival.

d) The LL wedding was perfect, I would have liked Emily to be there but it was perfect as it was

e) Emily killed it at the DAR meeting

f) Kirk rocked all his scenes especially the short film was as weird and as disturbing as you would suspect

g) I didn't like the whole breeding baby storyline. I get that it was the point to show Lorelai's insecurities but it left me with the feeling that Lorelai felt Luke was missing a kid in their life. Also that storyline got dropped in no time afterwards in true Amy style.

h) that end is way too open to not continue in the future

i) Sam Pancake got a lot of cameos. I bet Ausiello is crying his eyes out. His short scene made me laugh. And while I liked Peter's scene it felt weird seeing her flirting with him.

j) Luke ranting about him not wanting to lose Lorelai was pure gold

k) Lorelai and Emily rocked the shrink scenes, I also loved the shrink sessions where Lorelai went alone

l) Seeing Lorelai and Sookie together felt more like watching Lauren and Melissa bond again in real life, I'm so glad her cameo worked out

m) the funeral scenes were so sad

n) I do not care which category they have to invent but Lauren finally deserves her Emmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni (View Post)
I had a hunch about Rory's ending - especially when she was talking to her dad, I felt she was asking as someone who was also going to raise a child alone and not so much for her to resolve her feelings as his kid.
I got the same feeling. I never cared much for Rory's storyline but I felt it was going nowhere for most of the episodes and then suddenly bam, she's pregnant. I would have wished that the last four words were more surprising. And the way she asked her dad strongly implied Logan as the father for me. It's like full circle. I don't know. I would have liked a more open storyline for Rory at the end.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Interesting, that if Amy has gotten her ending, all those years ago; Rory would have been 22 and pregnant.

I did think, could she be a surragant for Luke and Lorelai. But more likely, it's Logan's.